https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Riversider on July 12, 2019, 03:43:43 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on July 12, 2019, 02:59:38 PM
Odd isn't it, no rumours for days then three on the same day.

Says to me that deals are in place for players to leave, expect SessegnonAnguissa, Serri and Cisse gone shortly, and I honestly don't think we are going to miss any of them.

1.  Isn't Sess still hurt?    Selling him injured?  Or even better...maybe today's rumors are true and he's got interest from Man United (who want 3 other players ahead of him) or Villa...who just got promoted...sure...Ryan want's to leave Fulham for Villa. 064.gif

2. Anguissa isn't going anywhere even though you want him gone.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: grandad on July 12, 2019, 03:56:37 PM

Says to me that deals are in place for players to leave, expect Sessegnon,  Anguissa, Serri and Cisse gone shortly, and I honestly don't think we are going to miss any of them.

Anguissa is going to be a key player for us. We may not receive any offers for Sess or Seri. Cisse may be offloaded or loaned out.

I just don't see how Anguissa will fit in if we play 4-2-3-1. He won't play in the front 3 of midfield and I cant see him dislodging StefJo as the box to box midfielder and KMac sits in front of the defence allowing others to press forward. We tried him in the KMac role last season and it didn't work. There's undoubted talent there but I don't think he suited to Fulham personally.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Captain Fulhamerica

I like Besic as a player that would provide some defensive backbone. That would give us Cairney, StefJo, KMac, Anguissa, Cisse, O'Riley(?), and Besic as options in central midfield (assuming Seri leaves). That's a really solid midfield at this level.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on July 12, 2019, 04:26:59 PM

Says to me that deals are in place for players to leave, expect Sessegnon,  Anguissa, Serri and Cisse gone shortly, and I honestly don't think we are going to miss any of them.

Anguissa is going to be a key player for us. We may not receive any offers for Sess or Seri. Cisse may be offloaded or loaned out.

I just don't see how Anguissa will fit in if we play 4-2-3-1. He won't play in the front 3 of midfield and I cant see him dislodging StefJo as the box to box midfielder and KMac sits in front of the defence allowing others to press forward. We tried him in the KMac role last season and it didn't work. There's undoubted talent there but I don't think he suited to Fulham personally.

He's better than Stefjo...at what Stefjo does.   Well, Stefjo is better at pissing opposing players off...but Anguissa is a better box to box.  And apparently KMac in the #6 position wouldn't have worked last year either considering almost none of our three managers gave him any playing time at all.    It doesn't mean anything when it comes to playing in the Championship.

Again...Scott Parker rates him...and he's got talent...so he's not going anywhere.   The team is trying to come back up.

junior white

Didn't we play Anguissa in a holding role? Anyway for his national team he has played both the holding and box to box roll, so he, Stef Jo and Kmac may make a good three some to work with for the two positions. Basic i am ambivalent about, never really seemed that good to me

LVBPTS

got to remember, the year we came up, we were VERY lucky with injuries and suspensions that it didnt dislodge the midfield trio of KMac, StefJo and TC. can we be that lucky again, maybe. does having Anguissa in the mix hurt? absolutely not. i for one like him and see there is the talent there that others see and absolutley agree, that at this level, he should be an absolute assett
Supporter since 2000

Tabby

Quote from: LVBPT on July 12, 2019, 04:57:54 PM
got to remember, the year we came up, we were VERY lucky with injuries and suspensions that it didnt dislodge the midfield trio of KMac, StefJo and TC. can we be that lucky again, maybe. does having Anguissa in the mix hurt? absolutely not. i for one like him and see there is the talent there that others see and absolutley agree, that at this level, he should be an absolute assett

There was the first half of the season where Cairney hardly played, so I wouldn't say we were all that lucky with injuries. But Anguissa would be the Norwood rounding it out to 4 players. Also am hoping that O'Riley can take the step up this season.

Deeping_white

Anguissa was part of the Marseille team that got to the europa league final utilising a 4-2-3-1; he was so good that season because he played alongside Luiz Gustavo who's a class defensive midfielder who literally sits in front of the back four and doesn't roam. Have Kmac or Besic fulfilling that role allows him to go and do what he did so well which was be more box to box, and it also means you can have TC further forward and relinquished of defensive duties.

Riversider

If we sign Besic, Anguissa will be gone.

DevonFFC

Being linked and bookies favourite for Harry Arter again

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Riversider on July 12, 2019, 05:20:04 PM

They aren't similar players really. Both next to each other will be a superb combo.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Riversider on July 12, 2019, 05:20:04 PM

LOL..i'd rather sell Stefjo and Kmac to West Brom than get rid of Anguissa.   (if Besic rumor is true)

grandad

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley could end up having to pay more to make Steve Bruce his new manager than he offered Rafael Benitez to stay.

You can't make this up. LOL
Where there's a will there's a wife

Nero

Quote from: grandad on July 13, 2019, 08:51:19 AM
Newcastle owner Mike Ashley could end up having to pay more to make Steve Bruce his new manager than he offered Rafael Benitez to stay.

You can't make this up. LOL

yea, but he wont have the constant moaning, did see Rafa sticking around for a PL job straight to China for his 12m no wonder Ashley waved him goodbye

@jolslover

Cavaleiro, Besic, Knockaert .. now were talking. All 3 would be great signings
STH H3

Tabby

New rumour from Italy is that AC Milan is looking into signing Seri if they can't get Veretout, and Veretout is looking unlikely.

Seeing as this is a transfer to an Italian club, it'd be a loan with obligation to buy as a best case scenario.

HillingdonFFC

Seems to have gone a bit quiet on the CB front. Would really like Hector, personally haven't seen that much of him ,liked what I did though & after talking to a Wednesday fan about him I reckon he would be a great signing.
London lad ,6ft 4" good in the air with a very decent turn of pace. Think he plays on the right so could compliment any of the other centre halves we've got

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 13, 2019, 11:29:24 AM
Seems to have gone a bit quiet on the CB front. Would really like Hector, personally haven't seen that much of him ,liked what I did though & after talking to a Wednesday fan about him I reckon he would be a great signing.
London lad ,6ft 4" good in the air with a very decent turn of pace. Think he plays on the right so could compliment any of the other centre halves we've got

Hector is a must, and a priority position to be filled.
Not fussed about Besic though.
I would also welcome Knockaert he is a maverick with the X Factor and makes things happen, and needs a strong manager to handle him, and Cavaleiro is quality and speaks for itself.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: @jolslover on July 13, 2019, 10:45:50 AM
Cavaleiro, Besic, Knockaert .. now were talking. All 3 would be great signings

It seems we are hoping to fund all three with Ryan Sessegnon a £40m sale, but if we get less it maybe tough.

bobby01

Rangers sign Felip Helander, 26 year old Swedish international centre back for 3.5 mill.  So they are out there, he has been playing for Bologna.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.