https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Cavaleiro and Etheridge

Like these kinda rumours  :54:  :54:

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

I liked Lewis Holtby, just the kind of player Fulham are bereft of.He is a Talisman and makes things happen.
Also he is the kind of character that we are short of,and his presence and personality will lift the dressing room, he has plenty of experience and is real busy player, I wish there were another half dozen like him in  Fulhams dressing room.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 04, 2019, 07:21:57 AM
I liked Lewis Holtby, just the kind of player Fulham are bereft of.He is a Talisman and makes things happen.
Also he is the kind of character that we are short of,and his presence and personality will lift the dressing room, he has plenty of experience and is real busy player, I wish there were another half dozen like him in  Fulhams dressing room.
agree lacking a mental toughness for sure woolly.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 04, 2019, 06:02:52 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on May 28, 2019, 11:20:45 AM
Quote from: junior white on May 28, 2019, 11:18:34 AM
Rumour that Cardiff trying to sign Lewis Holtby

If we didn't have O'Riley and Elliot as Cairney back up, I'd quite like to resign him. But I'd rather focus on the youth over another older player.

O'Riley and Elliot are great options off the bench, but they aren't ready to start 2 games per week if Cairney is injured. Don't kid yourself Lewis Holtby will probably be a better player than either O'Riley or Elliot for the next 12 months.

Yes, but he will also be much, much more expensive and would be an unnecessary acquisition if Cairney is fit. If we are going to bring in the big earners, I don't think this is the position to do it.

hovewhite

A mate is a gunners fan and he reckons we could get Chambers back.

ffc73

Chambers reminds me of McCormack. Delighted for their contribution whilst with us but neither right for a successful team & we are better without them

Chambers. Brought in as a CB & failed. Moved to RB & woeful. A success in mid field but IMO he is never a starting midfielder in a successful team.

If we want a 'Chris Baird' utility man then save our money as Denis can do that role

snarks

Quote from: FFC73 on June 04, 2019, 08:42:04 AM
Chambers reminds me of McCormack. Delighted for their contribution whilst with us but neither right for a successful team & we are better without them

Chambers. Brought in as a CB & failed. Moved to RB & woeful. A success in mid field but IMO he is never a starting midfielder in a successful team.

If we want a 'Chris Baird' utility man then save our money as Denis can do that role

I think it's harsh to say he failed as a RB he played there once when we never had the same back 5 for a whole match let alone consecutive games. In a stable side he would have done better. So much better as a CDM tho'

RaySmith

Quote from: hovewhite on June 04, 2019, 07:27:06 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 04, 2019, 07:21:57 AM
agree lacking a mental toughness for sure woolly.

I really liked him when he was with us, shame he was only on loan.

Just listening to one of the Peter Crouch podcasts on the BBC site, talking of training with Gerrard at Liverpool - he would fizz passes to you full pace in training, and you'd  better control them or else.  Crouch said that he  saw the advantages of this in games,  when  the team broke quickly,  knocking the ball around, cutting through the opposition, with no one losing control.
But the point he was making  was that all top teams  have these kind of tough characters - they demand the very best of themselves, and those around them, and that is why they are successful.

They have a mental strength as well as being top players - though they make themselves top players by their  attitude.

Fulham could  definitely do with some players like this. Though Parker may have this type of winning mentality.

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Art Vandelay

Seems a strange rumour as Bryan is doing so well, unless those Newcastle rumours are true.

Fulham have revived their interest in Southampton's Matt Targett, Sky Sports News understands.

The Saints still see a future for Targett at their club and it is understood only a significant offer would convince them to enter discussions.

The 23-year-old left-back was instrumental on loan at Fulham when they were promoted to the Premier League in 2018.

FFC1987

Quote from: Art Vandelay on June 04, 2019, 12:26:38 PM
Seems a strange rumour as Bryan is doing so well, unless those Newcastle rumours are true.

Fulham have revived their interest in Southampton's Matt Targett, Sky Sports News understands.

The Saints still see a future for Targett at their club and it is understood only a significant offer would convince them to enter discussions.

The 23-year-old left-back was instrumental on loan at Fulham when they were promoted to the Premier League in 2018.

As much as I'd love this to be true, I can't see him coming down again. He's a EPL quality full back and will only get better now.

SuffolkWhite

What if we got Target and Bryan was moved further forward?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

sarnian

That would be my take on things especially if Sess goes.

Texas White

Not liking some of these rumors about Bryan.

FFC1987

Art Vandelay

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 04, 2019, 01:06:55 PM
Quote from: Texas White on June 04, 2019, 01:05:29 PM

What rumours?

The rumor I've heard is that Newcastle are after him.

FFC1987

Quote from: Art Vandelay on June 04, 2019, 01:16:50 PM

What rumours?

Oh, i'd be quite surprised if that is the case. He's been a bit like our Targett in recent windows so probably rehashed rubbish.

Burt

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 04, 2019, 01:45:15 PM
Quote from: Art Vandelay on June 04, 2019, 01:16:50 PM

What rumours?

Oh, i'd be quite surprised if that is the case. He's been a bit like our Targett in recent windows so probably rehashed rubbish.

This was reported a few days ago in the Northern Echo and the online responses to the article weren't exactly positive!

I Ronic

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 04, 2019, 12:43:36 PM

Or further north. I think Targetts better, personally.

FFC1987

Quote from: I Ronic on June 04, 2019, 03:16:20 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 04, 2019, 12:43:36 PM

Or further north. I think Targetts better, personally.

I do think its marginal but I'm of the same opinion. I don't think Targett would take a climb down to championship personally, but who knows.