Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 17, 2019, 06:16:43 PM
WBA want Gayle back.
Any one surprised at that, the question of course is can they afford him.

hovewhite

Gayle can't see him at Fulham as it would have happened before!

Rambler

What is going on with our academy at the moment? Heavy rumours that we are about to lose 3 or 4 of our top youth prospects for peanuts as they all reject new deals.

Riversider

1st team squad back at Motspur Park in just 5 days time, one or two in before then would be nice, integration  is everything, something that we've failed at miserably the last two summer's to allow enough time for.
Lessons must be learnt.

junior white

Quote from: Rambler on June 17, 2019, 09:50:28 PM
What is going on with our academy at the moment? Heavy rumours that we are about to lose 3 or 4 of our top youth prospects for peanuts as they all reject new deals.
Basically Agents telling their charges they are worth more and can earn more elsewhere.

SuffolkWhite

Why not pay them what they want and sign them to 3 year contracts and then flog them in a year, if they are that good how can we lose out? Unless they are not that good of course!

Or is that stating the bleeding obvious.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

junior white

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 17, 2019, 10:22:12 PM
Why not pay them what they want and sign them to 3 year contracts and then flog them in a year, if they are that good how can we lose out? Unless they are not that good of course!

Or is that stating the bleeding obvious.
Sounds obvious, one rumour doing the rounds is Elliot wants circa 10k per week, don't know and don't care if it is true. But that's a lot of money

sarnian

According to a poster on another site who watches a lot of games at Motspur most of those mentioned are a long long way from the first team.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: sarnian on June 17, 2019, 11:02:24 PM
According to a poster on another site who watches a lot of games at Motspur most of those mentioned are a long long way from the first team.

Our u23 clearly aren't as good as the u23 at Reading (that couldn't make the Reading first team), losing three times to them concededing 8 goals in four games.

hovewhite

Are our youngsters that good?

Bassey the warrior

Anyone think Gayle can play the lone striker?  Because I don't and with our vulnerable defence we can't play a midfield two.

mancwhite

Luca Connell good young player at Bolton with potential
Your just too good to be true Fulham

KJS

Quote from: Rambler on June 17, 2019, 09:50:28 PM

Its because they have been offered their first contract but think they can do better elsewhere so the club cannot do a thing about it!

grandad

Elliott wants 10 k a week. What on earth is a 16 yo going to spend it on? Not old enough to drive, drink, shave. I see him going down the slippery slope to oblivion.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: grandad on June 18, 2019, 08:31:52 AM
Elliott wants 10 k a week. What on earth is a 16 yo going to spend it on? Not old enough to drive, drink, shave. I see him going down the slippery slope to oblivion.

Tw*t if true. He will get minutes here and that's what he needs.

The Rational Fan

If he'd sign a five year contract that he couldn't get out cause he's a kid, i'd recommend paying him double that.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: hovewhite on June 18, 2019, 05:44:00 AM
Are our youngsters that good?

This is my point Hove, if the club has valued them and they want more from the Club then they cant be worth it. And with young players as we know, they don't always meet their potential.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 18, 2019, 08:40:17 AM

If he'd sign a five year contract that he couldn't get out cause he's a kid, i'd recommend paying him double that.

He can't sign a five year contract due to his age.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 18, 2019, 09:00:00 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 18, 2019, 08:40:17 AM

He can't sign a five year contract due to his age.

So whats the choice, is it "if we don't pay Elliott £520k next season we'll lose him now, if we do then we'll lose just after his 17th Birthday for free".