Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 20, 2019, 08:14:09 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 20, 2019, 08:05:53 PM
Why is Sess worth 30 million?

Seriously...I know it was thought he was definitely starter premier league quality...but he's not.   He won't start on the Spurs A team...well, unless he get's minutes as a left back.

He's 19 with over 100 senior games and 30 odd games in the Prem when most players his age are lucky to get 10 minutes in the Prem when their team is 5-0 up (Foden).

Plus, he could find a home as a LWB given Pochettino rotates between a 3 and 4 at the back. Same reason I think Inter are in for him as per reports today given Conte's come in there and we all know the system he favours.

And, how much is anyone worth? What the club they're at values him at. Same reason Wan-Bissaka's worth 55m, Harry Maguire's supposedly worth 80m and Real Madrid are practically trying to give James Rodriguez away to Napoli.

Wan-Bissaka and Harry Maguire just had good seasons in the premier league.

I wouldn't even say Sess had a good season.   I'd say his season was below average with limited minutes on a squad that started Vietto and Schurrle over him.    And Joe Bryan or MLM over him at LB.

Again, why is he worth $30 million right now?    You stated why he's of value.   

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 20, 2019, 08:18:21 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 20, 2019, 08:14:09 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 20, 2019, 08:05:53 PM
Why is Sess worth 30 million?

Seriously...I know it was thought he was definitely starter premier league quality...but he's not.   He won't start on the Spurs A team...well, unless he get's minutes as a left back.

He's 19 with over 100 senior games and 30 odd games in the Prem when most players his age are lucky to get 10 minutes in the Prem when their team is 5-0 up (Foden).

Plus, he could find a home as a LWB given Pochettino rotates between a 3 and 4 at the back. Same reason I think Inter are in for him as per reports today given Conte's come in there and we all know the system he favours.

And, how much is anyone worth? What the club they're at values him at. Same reason Wan-Bissaka's worth 55m, Harry Maguire's supposedly worth 80m and Real Madrid are practically trying to give James Rodriguez away to Napoli.

Wan-Bissaka and Harry Maguire just had good seasons in the premier league.

I wouldn't even say Sess had a good season.   I'd say his season was below average with limited minutes on a squad that started Vietto and Schurrle over him.    And Joe Bryan or MLM over him at LB.

Again, why is he worth $30 million right now?    You stated why he's of value.   

Again, he's worth that much because that's the value we've attached to him. Spurs are supposedly "only" willing to pay 25m, so he's at least worth that. Whether or not he lives up the price tag is another thing entirely, but from a Fulham perspective as long as the money isn't counterfeit then it's happy days.

AnOldBrownie

According to this it's 45 million...

But...of course...in the same article they say...

QuoteInter Milan and Liverpool have also been named as potential suitors for Sessegnon, but Palace are understood to have been the only ones to contact Fulham.

Yet....

QuoteSpurs, notoriously rigid negotiators, value him at closer to £25m given the contract situation.

They value him at 25 million but haven't actually contacted Fulham...   this late in the transfer window?

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 20, 2019, 08:48:01 PM
According to this it's 45 million...

But...of course...in the same article they say...

QuoteInter Milan and Liverpool have also been named as potential suitors for Sessegnon, but Palace are understood to have been the only ones to contact Fulham.

Yet....

QuoteSpurs, notoriously rigid negotiators, value him at closer to £25m given the contract situation.

They value him at 25 million but haven't actually contacted Fulham...   this late in the transfer window?

Firstly, you're assuming that the no Spurs contact thing is true. And even if it is true, despite what some on here would have you believe- we're still in the very early stages of the transfer window. Prem teams aren't back for Pre-Season for another 10 days or so (and Sessegnon's at the U21 Euros).

Secondly, we value someone at 45m knowing nobody will pay it- Spurs value him at 25m, some negotiation later it'll probably work out as about 30m (or maybe less with someone like a Foyth or Nkoudou on loan). We aren't going to go straight in at 30m, because it'll be negotiated down.

Thirdly, imagine believing LoveSportRadio.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 20, 2019, 08:56:09 PM

Thirdly, imagine believing LoveSportRadio.

No...I don't believe the article at all...that's why I referenced what I did.

I'm saying I don't believe most English media during transfer seasons.    Cahill and Drinkwater to Fulham the most recent wind up my ars from english media.

Someone may very well feel Sess is worth 30 million.    That Mitro is definitely leaving because "he's too good for the championship".

What we ABSOLUTELY know...without any assumption...is that if Tony Khan doesn't give the ok then Fulham Football Club is under no obligation to let either play for any team not named Fulham Football Club next season.

Regardless of all the speculation and he said she said printed by the English press.

Mince n Tatties

Anyone having a medical? Anyone signing? Come on Fulham, let's get us a little excited by something.😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

Hoppus

Babel on Twitter:

'Its possible i could make a future decision nobody expected... not even myself...'

Fulham? 😍

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Hoppus on June 21, 2019, 09:41:18 AM
Babel on Twitter:

'Its possible i could make a future decision nobody expected... not even myself...'

Fulham? 😍

That would be a nice surprise.

FFC1987

Babel on Twitter:

Fulham? 😍

I can see him going to Liverpool or someone has a squad player rather than us but I'd be over the moon if he did!!!!

Tonywa

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 21, 2019, 09:59:31 AM
Babel on Twitter:

Fulham? 😍

That would be a nice surprise.

The thought of the havoc Babel and Mitro would cause in the Championship would be a great prospect. Highly unlikely though I imagine.

N_O_W_S

Babel on Twitter:

Fulham? 😍
Bayern now that Ribery and Robben have gone?

Nero

Quote from: Ols_S on June 21, 2019, 10:19:30 AM
Babel on Twitter:

Fulham? 😍
Bayern now that Ribery and Robben have gone?

Probably just changing his Hair colour, or maybe going back to Ajax now they selling half their squad

Two Ton Ted

Players report back for training tomorrow, although there'll be a few missing as 5 are at the ANC and the ones on international duty will report back late.

8th July for me is the key date, when FFC fly out for the training camp. In previous years Jokanovic has had to take predominately kids as the senior quad was so thin.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Mince n Tatties

Since there is no news of us,looks like one of our ex's
is on the move,Smudger Smith to Millwall.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 21, 2019, 09:32:42 AM
Anyone having a medical ?

Yes I am having a medical shortly to renew my Heavy Goods Licence.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 21, 2019, 03:47:32 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 21, 2019, 09:32:42 AM
Anyone having a medical ?

Yes I am having a medical shortly to renew my Heavy Goods Licence.

Did you pass?
The reason I ask is because that's another week gone and not even a decent rumour.😡
I'm off on the gin now.

MrFFC

Adomah available on a free transfer surely he would be a good signing at this level?
Come on you Whites!! :)

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on June 21, 2019, 11:04:24 AM
Players report back for training tomorrow, although there'll be a few missing as 5 are at the ANC and the ones on international duty will report back late.

8th July for me is the key date, when FFC fly out for the training camp. In previous years Jokanovic has had to take predominately kids as the senior quad was so thin.

I agree, but somehow can't see it happening!   

Nero

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 21, 2019, 05:34:40 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on June 21, 2019, 11:04:24 AM

I agree, but somehow can't see it happening!   

im sure we'll have 4 midfielders in by then

Milo

If we fly out for our pre season with a fringe squad ... AGAIN... ugh! It's just never ending mistakes..