Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: @jolslover on July 01, 2019, 11:04:24 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 01, 2019, 10:25:59 PM
Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 01, 2019, 09:50:19 PM
Must admit, think we can do better than Kalas for £8m. That would go a long towards Jansson, who I think is a better defender truthfully

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Let's see.
If we still have Denis Odoi at RCB in 5 weeks' time, I'll be very disappointed we couldn't find a way to get Kalas in.

Same Odoi who displaced Kalas the season we went up?
Odoi is our 4th best CB atm anyway. Mawson and Le Marchand starters
Would like to remind you that both are left sided only. We saw how bad Mawson is at RCB and it goes without saying that we need a new right sider.

ALG01

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on July 02, 2019, 11:14:16 AM
Must admit, think we can do better than Kalas for £8m. That would go a long towards Jansson, who I think is a better defender truthfully

Let's see.
If we still have Denis Odoi at RCB in 5 weeks' time, I'll be very disappointed we couldn't find a way to get Kalas in.

Would like to remind you that both are left sided only. We saw how bad Mawson is at RCB and it goes without saying that we need a new right sider.

And MLM is a disaster waiting to happen.

FFC1987

I think Odoi, MLM, Mawson and Ream are all more than capable in the championship. I'm more concerned about right back currently than centre halves.

JoelH5

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 02, 2019, 12:01:36 PM
I think Odoi, MLM, Mawson and Ream are all more than capable in the championship. I'm more concerned about right back currently than centre halves.

Capable but Championship winning back line? I dont think so. Mawson yes, Bryan yes but we need another CB and a RB
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FFC1987

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 02, 2019, 12:03:18 PM

Capable but Championship winning back line? I dont think so. Mawson yes, Bryan yes but we need another CB and a RB

Put it this way, if we splash out on say Jannson, I wouldn't be annoyed as long as we improve elsewhere. BUT if we didn't, I think between the 4 CB's, they can be in a top 6 team, and top 2 if some perform above expectations. Just look at some CB's in top 2 in previous seasons, Cardiff and Sheffield come to mind, with a solid midfield which I think we have (currently), a strong goalscorer (currently Mitro) and bryan on one flank (he needs to up his game but is definitely capable at this level) I think our biggest gap is unchanged from last year.....RB. If Sess goes, I think our biggest weakness is our wide men so, i'm of the opinion we need to strengthen the most out wide, both going forward and at back.

simplyfulham

Quote from: bobby01 on July 02, 2019, 09:18:28 AM
Quote from: simplyfulham on July 01, 2019, 11:31:15 PM

Let's see.

As soon as he was tested at any sort of level at CB, he was a train wreck.

We should be looking st finding a solid partner for Mawson.

I have never understood the hate for odoi on here. Also on what basis should we be finding a solid partner for Mawson. I did not see him setting the world alight last season, mostly the opposite. Not saying he won't come good but yet more selective arguing.

I'm really sorry, I didn't mean for it to come across as I hated the guy or dislike him. Far from it, I love Odoi to pieces in the same way I loved Bairdy and Pantsil.

I just think he makes a few too many mistakes at CB for it to be a comfortable position for him.

Regarding Mawson, I'd completely agree as well. He was average at his best last year, but he's young enough and has shown a bit before his move to us that suggests there's more in the tank and it's worth investing a bit more time.

I'd have money on the fact in 3 years time Mawson will be an unquestionably better CB then Odoi, so maybe we should gamble on that and try and bring the best out of him?

Chutney

We only have one CB that can play on the right hand side of the two, and he's a converted full back.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

If we do not get our defence right before the season commences, with balance, pace, depth and height then we can kiss a top six place goodbye.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 02, 2019, 12:44:06 PM
If we do not get our defence right before the season commences, with balance, pace, depth and height then we can kiss a top six place goodbye.

...and I think a great defence starts with a vocal goalkeeper.... in English preferably.

St. Andrews White

Quote from: ..FOF.. on July 02, 2019, 01:35:59 PM

...and I think a great defence starts with a vocal goalkeeper.... in English preferably.
Though saying that, I seem to remember Mark Scwarzer communicated with his backline in German and that worked out alright

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 02, 2019, 01:41:59 PM

Though saying that, I seem to remember Mark Scwarzer communicated with his backline in German and that worked out alright

It sounded like German,but it was broad Zummerset,as he loved singing "I'm a cider drinker" during the game.😉

bill taylors apprentice

Heart says, signings soon?

Head says, don't expect much but the errors of the past will be learned from.

Computer says......... No!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 02, 2019, 01:49:32 PM
Heart says, signings soon?

Head says, don't expect much but the errors of the past will be learned from.

Computer says......... No!

Keep the faith,we'll definitely get some waste of money for £30 million on last day,and 2 frees from Liverpool and Scandinavia who will never kick a ball for us...Coyw😉

Woolly Mammoth

Exactly 👍

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 02, 2019, 01:48:05 PM
Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 02, 2019, 01:41:59 PM

It sounded like German,but it was broad Zummerset,as he loved singing "I'm a cider drinker" during the game.😉

When he was in goal, and the ball was up the other end, I use to hear him whistle to that song " I've got a brand new combined harvester ". and he always use to have a long piece of grass in his mouth.

Never forget your Roots.

elgreenio

We've got much bigger priorities than between the sticks.

Marko Arnautovic handed in a transfer request? that guy is an absolute mercenary.
touch my camera through the fence

AnOldBrownie

Agree with what I bolded, but if Fulham comes back up do you really want those 4 CBs to be the ones you're relying on to stop EPL attacks?

I think right back is the most important signing if we hold on to all our remaining players, but I also think CB (unless the german guy from our u23s raises his game) has to be addressed this season in preparation for the next.   

FFC1987

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 02, 2019, 03:52:18 PM

Agree with what I bolded, but if Fulham comes back up do you really want those 4 CBs to be the ones you're relying on to stop EPL attacks?

I think right back is the most important signing if we hold on to all our remaining players, but I also think CB (unless the german guy from our u23s raises his game) has to be addressed this season in preparation for the next.

I'm looking at this season. if money isn't an issue (it is) and signing players that are perfectly adaptable to top 2 championship to EPL, then sure, but lets face it, that's not easy and we have bigger weaknesses for next season.

Tabby

Quote from: elgreenio on July 02, 2019, 03:49:11 PM
We've got much bigger priorities than between the sticks.

Marko Arnautovic handed in a transfer request? that guy is an absolute mercenary.

I recall him wanting to move to China last window as well.

Tabby

Regarding Jansson, looking a bit deeper Leeds had agreed to sell him to Krasnodar (of Sigurdsson fame) last summer. Jansson said in an interview that he didn't fancy going to Russia even though the offer was lucurative.

The fee was around £10 million according to the Yorkshire post. That seems like it'd be in the ballpark of what we could offer, but I'm not sure if they'd sell to someone in the same division.