Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 03, 2019, 03:27:54 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 03, 2019, 02:50:42 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 03, 2019, 02:45:35 PM

Our eight highest value defenders are Christie, S.Sess, Odoi, Djalo, Mawson, Ream, MLM and Bryan.

Which player leaps out as the worst player there?
If the worst player is Christie or S.Sess, we should get a right back first.
If the worst player is Djalo, we should get a centre back first.

So, if our fifth choice centre back is worse than our first choice right back then we should get a new centre back first?

Well, I guess we could buy a right back, make Christie our fifth choice centre back and still say bye to Djalo.

haha this chat made me chuckle, I was struggling to see the logic until the need to get rid of Djalo was a factor!

wheelerdeeler

Zambo hasn't been playing as a proper #6 DM for Cameroon. He's been playing as the sort of Johansen #8 type midfielder, and Mandjeck has been playing as the "proper" DM (I think it was Kunde yesterday, but still). But he has been absolutely exceptional, could've been on for 3 MOTMs out of 3 yesterday but they gave it to Oyongo.

If he stays and we want to get the best out of him we need a Kante-type midfielder next to him who'll sit deep and tackle endlessly for 90 minutes.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 03, 2019, 03:44:53 PM
Zambo hasn't been playing as a proper #6 DM for Cameroon. He's been playing as the sort of Johansen #8 type midfielder, and Mandjeck has been playing as the "proper" DM (I think it was Kunde yesterday, but still). But he has been absolutely exceptional, could've been on for 3 MOTMs out of 3 yesterday but they gave it to Oyongo.

If he stays and we want to get the best out of him we need a Kante-type midfielder next to him who'll sit deep and tackle endlessly for 90 minutes.

Couple things we know.

• Fulham are planning to run a 4-3-3 (even though I prefer the 4-2-3-1 with Cairney)

Stefjo is coming back

Cairney, Stefjo and Andre are probably the projected midfield starters

Anguissa is more a poor man's Pogba than he is a poor man's Kante.   He 'wants' to be a better version of Seri.

Depending on who the RB is.... Cairney, Stefjo and Guissa are good enough offensively and defensively to win games in the championship...retain possession and open up opposing defenses... as long as the back line and the keeper doesn't suck.

I don't think Fulham is currently thinking about getting a true #6.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 03, 2019, 03:27:54 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 03, 2019, 02:50:42 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 03, 2019, 02:45:35 PM

Our eight highest value defenders are Christie, S.Sess, Odoi, Djalo, Mawson, Ream, MLM and Bryan.

Which player leaps out as the worst player there?
If the worst player is Christie or S.Sess, we should get a right back first.
If the worst player is Djalo, we should get a centre back first.

So, if our fifth choice centre back is worse than our first choice right back then we should get a new centre back first?

Well, I guess we could buy a right back, make Christie our fifth choice centre back and still say bye to Djalo.

Djalo has almost never been part of the squad. McDonald has been preferred to him, and he is still here so Djalo is likely at best our sixth choice centre back. I know you claim that we absolutely need a very strong squad in numbers, but I prefer a slightly weaker squad if the first team is more likely to win games to begin with. Improving our fifth choice centre back would not be very high on my list. In the unlikely event that we lose four centre backs to suspensions/injury at the same time then I would hope that we could use one of the youngsters for a game or two. Jenz is training with the first team squad, and Steven Sessegnon has played centre back before.

Sting of the North

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 03, 2019, 03:58:53 PM

Couple things we know.

• Fulham are planning to run a 4-3-3 (even though I prefer the 4-2-3-1 with Cairney)

Stefjo is coming back

Anguissa is more a poor man's Pogba than he is a poor man's Kante.   He 'wants' to be a better version of Seri.

Depending on who the RB is.... Cairney, Stefjo and Guissa are good enough offensively and defensively to win games in the championship...retain possession and open up opposing defenses... as long as the back line and the keeper doesn't suck.

I agree that our midfielders are good enough as it stands. However, do we really know that we are planning to play 4-3-3? How can we possibly know that at this point?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Matt10 on July 03, 2019, 02:58:06 PM
In other news, Anguissa has been playing lights out for Cameroon, as a single DMF most of the time. I will not be surprised if we see clubs trying to snatch him from us.

I don't think he'll go. We won't sell at a loss and they aren't gonna spend upwards of £30m based on Afcon.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 03, 2019, 04:11:20 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 03, 2019, 03:58:53 PM

Couple things we know.

Stefjo is coming back

I agree that our midfielders are good enough as it stands. However, do we really know that we are planning to play 4-3-3? How can we possibly know that at this point?

Tony Khan said as much in his Podcast interview. But he might have just been meant the basic 3 in the midfield control possession principle, which would open us up to a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-1-2, 3-5-2 etc.

JoelH5

Wish we'd sign someone. I'm a bit... bored
I was there, standing in the Putney end

spikey norman

Sky Sports reporting we are interested in signing Ezri Konsa  from Brentford

bobby01

Well so far Leeds have 3x PL loaners, Helder Costa and another I can't remember, signed sealed already.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: bobby01 on July 03, 2019, 04:33:56 PM
Well so far Leeds have 3x PL loaners, Helder Costa and another I can't remember, signed sealed already.

Yeah...but we still have Mitro, Sess, TC and Anguissa under contract and when the season ended a lot here thought at least 3 of them would be gone by now.

We've got 4 weeks left and no real news of any of them definitely leaving, so imo I'll take that.   If we definitely lost three of those players AND didn't bring in anyone I'd be worried.    Right now...as a squad...imo Fulham have one up on Leeds.   Oh, and we know Stefjo is coming back as well.   

FFC1987

Quote from: spikey norman on July 03, 2019, 04:24:45 PM
Sky Sports reporting we are interested in signing Ezri Konsa  from Brentford

Haven't seen much of him. Good signing? A quick google says Wolves are lining up bids though so.....

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 03, 2019, 04:43:27 PM

Yeah...but we still have Mitro, Sess, TC and Anguissa under contract and when the season ended a lot here thought at least 3 of them would be gone by now.

We've got 4 weeks left and no real news of any of them definitely leaving, so imo I'll take that.   If we definitely lost three of those players AND didn't bring in anyone I'd be worried.    Right now...as a squad...imo Fulham have one up on Leeds.   Oh, and we know Stefjo is coming back as well.   

Squad of 29
Goalkeepers (3): Betts, Fabri, Rodak
Defenders (11): Christie, Odoi, Djalo, Mawson, Ream, MLM, Edun, Bryan, Fossey, Dramah, S.Sess
Midfielders (7): Cisse, McDonald, Anguissa, Johasen, Seri, Cairney, Riley,
Forwards (8): R.Sess, Kamara, Mitrovoic, Fonte, Atyie, Kebano, Torres, Elliott

I think that squad can easily do much better than the first half of 2017/18.

Mince n Tatties

Groundsman failed medical.😢

Riversider

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Riversider on July 03, 2019, 05:52:59 PM
Score update
QPR 7
Fulham 0
:dead horse:
What on earth are you going on and on and on about?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: BestOfBrede on July 03, 2019, 07:12:30 PM
Score update
QPR 7
Fulham 0

They've made 7 signings to our 0 I believe.

JoelH5

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 03, 2019, 07:21:14 PM
Score update
QPR 7
Fulham 0

And 7 of the 7 wouldn't get in our team so are irrelevant

Matt10

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 03, 2019, 07:37:56 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 03, 2019, 07:21:14 PM
Score update
QPR 7
Fulham 0

And 7 of the 7 wouldn't get in our team so are irrelevant

They've also had 5 depart (to a club), so technically 0-2?

https://www.transfermarkt.us/queens-park-rangers/transfers/verein/1039/saison_id/2019/pos//detailpos/0/w_s//plus/1#zugaenge

JoelH5

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 03, 2019, 05:37:53 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 03, 2019, 04:43:27 PM

Squad of 29
Goalkeepers (3): Betts, Fabri, Rodak
Defenders (11): Christie, Odoi, Djalo, Mawson, Ream, MLM, Edun, Bryan, Fossey, Dramah, S.Sess
Midfielders (7): Cisse, McDonald, Anguissa, Johasen, Seri, Cairney, Riley,
Forwards (8): R.Sess, Kamara, Mitrovoic, Fonte, Atyie, Kebano, Torres, Elliott

I think that squad can easily do much better than the first half of 2017/18.

In my opinion.. NB = not better

Betts (same as before) Fabri (nb), Rodak (nb)
Defenders (11): Christie (worse) , Odoi (same), Djalo (not good enough), Mawson (big upgrade), Ream (same), MLM (slight upgrade?), Edun (too early), Bryan (upgrade) Fossey (2 early), Dramah (2 early), S.Sess (2 early)

Midfielders (7): Cisse (not good enough), McDonald (same), Anguissa (big upgrade) Johasen (same), Seri (leaving), Cairney (same), Riley (2 early)

Forwards (8): R.Sess (leaving), Kamara (half way through so upgrade), Mitrovoic (half way so big upgrade) Fonte (who knows), Atyie (same), Kebano (same), Torres (2 early), Elliott (2 early)

With that in mind, and the fact we will prob be losing Sess, we are better than the first half of the season but not by miles. We need a better CB, RB and wingers. We all know that though.