watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

If we compare best 11 now (assuming Sess / Seri leave) to best 11 last time we went up

Betts (Same), Christie (Worse) Mawson (Better) Le March (Better) Bryan (Same), Anguissa (Better) Johansen (Same) Cairney (Same), Kamara (Same) Mitrovic (Same) Ayite (Worse)

Suggests it isn't as bad as some people make out. Still think we need a top winger (Cavaleiro?) more than anything. From there squad just needs filling out (mostly loans imo) ie backup striker, another CB, another CM for backup.. Assuming we keep Mitro, Bryan, Mawson and Anguissa
STH H3

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: @jolslover on July 03, 2019, 09:04:50 PM
If we compare best 11 now (assuming Sess / Seri leave) to best 11 last time we went up

Betts (Same), Christie (Worse) Mawson (Better) Le March (Better) Bryan (Same), Anguissa (Better) Johansen (Same) Cairney (Same), Kamara (Same) Mitrovic (Same) Ayite (Worse)

Suggests it isn't as bad as some people make out. Still think we need a top winger (Cavaleiro?) more than anything. From there squad just needs filling out (mostly loans imo) ie backup striker, another CB, another CM for backup.. Assuming we keep Mitro, Bryan, Mawson and Anguissa

Agree. We need a couple of wingers, and maybe a right sided CB, but the squad needs more filling rather than wholesale changes.

filham

Assuming Mitrovic will stay is a huge assumption.

FFC1987

I know I keep saying it but its the wide men we need to improve on both defensively and attacking.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on July 03, 2019, 09:32:15 PM
Assuming Mitrovic will stay is a huge assumption.
So you think Tony Khan is going to sell him without knowing for sure that we're locked in with another 20 goal scorer?

Yeah...no he's not. He said as much. I'd bet both he and Sess are starters for the Whites because business logic says so.

Odds on Sess moving for at least 20 mil ...low...injury...poor performance last year plus this being the last year of his contract...

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Mince n Tatties

Radio now.....Palace want Seri.

SP

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Matt10 on July 03, 2019, 07:39:24 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on July 03, 2019, 07:37:56 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 03, 2019, 07:21:14 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on July 03, 2019, 07:12:30 PM
Quote from: Riversider on July 03, 2019, 05:52:59 PM
Score update
QPR 7
Fulham 0
:dead horse:
What on earth are you going on and on and on about?

They've made 7 signings to our 0 I believe.

And 7 of the 7 wouldn't get in our team so are irrelevant

They've also had 5 depart (to a club), so technically 0-2?

https://www.transfermarkt.us/queens-park-rangers/transfers/verein/1039/saison_id/2019/pos//detailpos/0/w_s//plus/1#zugaenge
Agree with replies...
What on earth has it to do with us?
Surely riverside jests if he thinks any of them should have been a target for us?
Makes me laugh that some moan because of lack of signings, but are prepared to moan about who is signed!
Look at the apparent '100 million' we spent last year and the amount of moans about that...
Can't win for some!

ScalleysDad

Under Hodgson Seri might flourish but I am not sure the latter has the mindset/application required for the routine training sessions of again, again, again. If he does go it will create a place to fill in the squad and more specifically in midfield. That would be interesting. Those hedging their bets on promotion must be looking at a different team sheet as for me a midfield of Stefjo, Cairney, Anguissa and possibly Sess might not be enough.

SP

An alarming new low, QPR envy.

The Rational Fan

We are probably better than the second half of 17/18 with this squad, if we lose Seri and Sessegnon we are still better than the first half of 17/18 and if the sales money is used for a four loans we are much stronger than the first half of 17/18 with money in the bank for more in winter transfers window. Mitrovoic playing all season will be a big advantage, especially if he gets 25-30 goals.

ealex40

Fulham keen to sign Brentford centre-back Ezri Konsa

Fulham are interested in signing defender Ezri Konsa from west London rivals Brentford, Sky Sports News understands.

The Whites have made strengthening at centre-back a priority this summer and would prefer to sign Konsa on loan.

The 21-year-old, who has two years left on his Bees contract plus the option of a further year, is also being tracked by a host of Premier League clubs.

There have been reports that Wolves are interested, but Sky Sports News has been told that is not the case.

Konsa's contract is understood to contain a release clause in the region of £12m, but the Bees have other contractual protections in place should that be activated.

Konsa joined Brentford from Charlton last summer and played 42 times in the Sky Bet Championship last season.

He was part of the England Under-21 squad that failed to get out of the group stages at the European U21 Championships last month.

grandad

The transfer market is really bonkers. Brighton are asking for £40 mil for Lewis Dunk. Leicester want him. Replacement for Maguire I suppose.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

Quote from: grandad on July 04, 2019, 08:20:44 AM
The transfer market is really bonkers. Brighton are asking for £40 mil for Lewis Dunk. Leicester want him. Replacement for Maguire I suppose.

We'd have him at the back instead of Denis Odoi if it wasn't for Mackintosh haggling over £500k a couple of years ago

The Rational Fan

It was bonkers last season too especially for defensive midfielders, that's why West Ham offerred €29m for Anguissa before we beat it. This year everyone seems to need centre backs especially ManUnited, ManCity and Arsenal, no surprise Lewis Dunk is sort after he is kind of the next tier down.

FFC1987

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 04, 2019, 09:00:49 AM

It was bonkers last season too especially for defensive midfielders, that's why West Ham offerred €29m for Anguissa before we beat it. This year everyone seems to need centre backs especially ManUnited, ManCity and Arsenal, no surprise Lewis Dunk is sort after he is kind of the next tier down.

Maybe someone can remind me but weren't we set to sign Dunk a few years back but we argued over like 500k on the transfer fee?

toshes mate

Far too simplistic to be a guide of even the most vague terms.  It is how people play together as a team that matters and not their individual (and arbitrary worth) comparison to some arbitrary worth you can manage to clutch from a whole host of such things.  Partnerships matter everywhere especially behind the doors marked DoF and CEO.  They can be individually brilliant but worthless if they don't drive the team in the right direction.

FFC1987

Quote from: toshes mate on July 04, 2019, 09:21:42 AM

Far too simplistic to be a guide of even the most vague terms.  It is how people play together as a team that matters and not their individual (and arbitrary worth) comparison to some arbitrary worth you can manage to clutch from a whole host of such things.  Partnerships matter everywhere especially behind the doors marked DoF and CEO.  They can be individually brilliant but worthless if they don't drive the team in the right direction.

I'd argue the biggest weakness to this argument is the fact the championship has jumped year on year in terms of quality. We'll need a better roster than we had previously to go up, and in depth.

Milo

Championship will have moved on just as League 1 teams have. Championship players spilling down to the league below.

We cannot underestimate this league again!