https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 10, 2019, 04:19:19 PM
Quote from: Riversider on July 10, 2019, 04:10:44 PM
With Harvey Elliott signing for Liverpool would love us to make a move for Ryan Kent, only 22 , rated at £10 million by Liverpool and is going to be a top drawer player,
Plays out wide, explosive pace, and loves to run at full backs, was outstanding for Rangers last season and would be a real coup if we could get him.

Think he's Wednesday bound.

Who are rumoured to lose Bruce, potentially ruining any transfer plans. We will see...

FFC1987

So lets say Fulham lose out on Konsa and Jannson, how much of a meltdown are we facing.....

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 10, 2019, 05:05:58 PM
So lets say Fulham lose out on Konsa and Jannson, how much of a meltdown are we facing.....

Could be epic. Maybe have to extend the contract of MLM to calm people down.  :005:

Statto

I never expected us to sign either. They're just not the sort of players we sign these days. As a general rule, if you've heard of them, they ain't coming to Fulham. Whilst Jansson goes to Brentford, TK will be busy arranging to pay twice as much for Anony Mous-Baastard, a 5'2" keeper in the Latvian second division.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 10, 2019, 05:12:05 PM

Could be epic. Maybe have to extend the contract of MLM to calm people down.  :005:

:doh:

wheelerdeeler

Never expected to sign Konsa for the price point he was at (especially when in the Sky report of our interest it said we were trying for him on loan initially). Can't see us spending big amounts on a Centre-Back. Whether it's 3-4m on a permanent signing like a Michael Hector, or just a loan fee.

Statto

Actually thinking through all TK's transfers, I'm not sure we've ever signed anyone who's an important first team player for another club in the same division as us, have we?

Which would rule out Jansson and Konsa

colinwhite

Statto

Quote from: colinwhite on July 10, 2019, 05:34:15 PM
K mac ,Ross macormack ,Tc

Ross McCormack and TC certainly pre-date TK

Mcdonald is debateable. He was signed after TK came in but we'd been in for him the summer before when Rigg was DoF

Mince n Tatties

Brentford just signed midfielder from Celta Vigo,Hull got 2 in,Blackburn and Forest.
Coyw let's go,let's be hearing a rumour at least.😠

KJS

Quote from: Statto on July 10, 2019, 05:12:59 PM

I never expected us to sign either. They're just not the sort of players we sign these days. As a general rule, if you've heard of them, they ain't coming to Fulham. Whilst Jansson goes to Brentford, TK will be busy arranging to pay twice as much for Anony Mous-Baastard, a 5'2" keeper in the Latvian second division.

Back to normal regards your feelings about TK then  :doh:

Statto

Quote from: KJS on July 10, 2019, 07:33:24 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 10, 2019, 05:12:59 PM

Back to normal regards your feelings about TK then  :doh:

And a normal contribution to the debate from you
Care to say whether you agree/disagree with my post?
Care to offer some facts or reasoning in support?
No, there's about as much chance of you making a meaningful, intelligent contribution to a debate as there is of TK signing Assombalonga

BestOfBrede

Assomballonga is not required
Why is it that every player some other team sign is a missed opportunity for the Whites?

colinwhite

Quote from: Statto on July 10, 2019, 06:09:28 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on July 10, 2019, 05:34:15 PM
K mac ,Ross macormack ,Tc

Ross McCormack and TC certainly pre-date TK

sorry misunderstood ,didnt realise you meant undet TK

Mcdonald is debateable. He was signed after TK came in but we'd been in for him the summer before when Rigg was DoF

AnOldBrownie

Spending a ton of money didn't lead to success in the EPL so I'm ok with TK taking his time this time and (hopefully) picking the right players to bring into a fairly deep squad.

That said.. I still want Diogo Dalot on loan if he can be gotten.

Statto

Quote from: BestOfBrede on July 10, 2019, 08:08:29 PM
Assomballonga is not required
Why is it that every player some other team sign is a missed opportunity for the Whites?

Assomballonga would be an ideal signing for us.
But my point in this case was something different, which I think you've missed

wheelerdeeler

I'd rather go for someone completely different to Mitrovic than go for an Assombalonga type Striker on big money as a different option to Mitrovic. Someone like an Okazaki type who if played with Mitrovic could in effect do the running for him.

wheelerdeeler

We don't need that many signings, especially if we can retain all but Sessegnon and Seri in-terms of players who played a significant amount last season. Said it before, we could play a team of;
Bettinelli; Christie, Mawson, Le Marchand, Bryan; McDonald, Cairney, Johansen; AK47, Mitrovic, Ayite.
Rodak, Odoi, S. Sessegnon, O'Riley, Kebano, de la Torre, Fonte.
That's from the players we have in Portugal at the moment, not even factoring in Zambo or Ream.

I'd like to get the signings in ASAP, but it's not like the position we were in last summer where we almost literally didn't have a team going into Pre-Season- we're in a pretty strong position squad wise already. So I don't really mind waiting in that sense.

Milo

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 10, 2019, 09:14:56 PM
We don't need that many signings, especially if we can retain all but Sessegnon and Seri in-terms of players who played a significant amount last season. Said it before, we could play a team of;
Bettinelli; Christie, Mawson, Le Marchand, Bryan; McDonald, Cairney, Johansen; AK47, Mitrovic, Ayite.
Rodak, Odoi, S. Sessegnon, O'Riley, Kebano, de la Torre, Fonte.
That's from the players we have in Portugal at the moment, not even factoring in Zambo or Ream.

I'd like to get the signings in ASAP, but it's not like the position we were in last summer where we almost literally didn't have a team going into Pre-Season- we're in a pretty strong position squad wise already. So I don't really mind waiting in that sense.

That leaves us at least 4 first team players to upgrade should we go back up... same mistakes again? Too many holes to fill?

David I

Has anyone stopped to think that we do need to strengthen the squad now.
It's miles away from competing in the PL. So if a miracle did happen and we returned  to the PL we would be in the same boat as last season still requiring upgrades and hence the inevitable straight back down.

Current squad has no depth and no way Mitro can last the whole season having to play every game.
Don't say We've got Fonte - he proved too lightweight in fizzy pop.