Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 16, 2019, 10:35:12 AM
Quote from: filham on July 16, 2019, 10:26:36 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2019, 05:51:27 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on July 15, 2019, 11:02:49 PM
O'Dowda and Knockaert aren't on the same level - Knockaerts prem output is much better than O'Dowdas championship output and that's in a much tougher league

Really?
Did you watch any Championship games last season?
I'd have O'Dowda any day before the Brighton lad.
This boys a good player grafter,and has something we lack,he can cross a ball.
If we can get him for around 6mill,he will be much better value imo.

Well we have six players for our front three, Cave/Kebano,  Mitro/Fonte, and Kamara/Ayite.
That is looking pretty good to me, the weakness as is if Mitro is missing as Fonte is unlikely to be up to the task but Kamara and Ayite can do a job in that position.

Be an improvement if we could move Fonte on and get a good substitute striker like Peter Crouch for instance.

I'm of the opinion that Fonte was largely poor since joining us but I still think there's a technically gifted player there and maybe in a better team with pace around him, we could get more from him. I think he could be a bit of a luxury backup striker that most teams at this level won't have. On top of that we also have Taylor Crossdale whose an unknown quantity. Quick, strong and has scored goals at levels played in so could also be an unknown quality.

I do think we need more pace on wings (full backs mianly) still but we really aren't far off being quite a special team for this division.

Peter Crouch has retired.

FFC1987

Wonder how much of a stumbling block Okasaki wages would be....

Statto

Quote from: Riversider on July 16, 2019, 01:44:50 PM
Spurs being linked with Gareth Bale , if this happens where does it leave Ryan Sessegnon ?

Doesn't change anything IMO. Bale will be a target for the Spurs first team. Sessegnon is a target for their reserves/u23 team.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Statto on July 16, 2019, 12:39:10 AM
Quote from: David I on July 16, 2019, 12:03:32 AM
Quote from: Dodgin on July 15, 2019, 09:41:43 PM
Didn't we offer £3 Million for Dunk a few years ago
Something like that but short about 500k of asking price.... that would have been a shrewd investment.

Mackintosh's typical negotiation technique...

I think it turned that Dunk used us to get a better contract.

junior white

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 16, 2019, 05:17:56 PM
He is leaving Leicester as he wants first team football, would he get that here? Otherwise not a bad shout if we can afford them wages

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: junior white on July 16, 2019, 06:42:03 PM
He is leaving Leicester as he wants first team football, would he get that here? Otherwise not a bad shout if we can afford them wages

Hes 33, cant see TK signing that one off

I Ronic

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 16, 2019, 07:32:38 PM
Quote from: junior white on July 16, 2019, 06:42:03 PM

Hes 33, cant see TK signing that one off

A season long loan?

Tabby

Ryan Babel wasn't exactly a spring chicken when signed.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Tabby on July 16, 2019, 08:48:28 PM
Ryan Babel wasn't exactly a spring chicken when signed.

It was a loan & the club were in a desperate situation

Ara's bacon crisps

O'Dowda and Knockaert aren't on the same level - Knockaerts prem output is much better than O'Dowdas championship output and that's in a much tougher league

Really?
:plus one:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on July 16, 2019, 09:53:07 PM

Really?
:plus one:

Your right mince, he is different gravy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

DevonFFC

Galatasaray will sign Jean Michaël Seri on loan from Fulham with an option to

junior white

Quote from: DevonFFC on July 17, 2019, 07:50:54 AM
That is being reported in the Turkish press, the same paper that said AK was staying at his club on loan for another season. Like here the Turkish press can be a little off at times, not saying it won't happen but has to be taken with a pinch of salt at times.

Italian press are reporting we are in discussions with AC Milan over Seri as well.

Clearly he will leave

DevonFFC

Quote from: junior white on July 17, 2019, 08:01:13 AM
That is being reported in the Turkish press, the same paper that said AK was staying at his club on loan for another season. Like here the Turkish press can be a little off at times, not saying it won't happen but has to be taken with a pinch of salt at times.

Italian press are reporting we are in discussions with AC Milan over Seri as well.

Clearly he will leave

This was from get French football news on twitter who seems to be pretty spot on when comes to transfers but we shall see

The Rational Fan

Clearly he will leave

At the prices AC Milan are offering to pay to Fulham (i.e. 35k per week) for Seri, it would be worth keeping Seri as Cairney's backup. Fulham would be crazy to sell Seri, he is a damn good bench player in the championship. We are (according to football manager) keeping Cisse at 13k/wk , Kebano at 13k/wk, McDonald at 22k/wk and Ream at 27k/wk, surely Seri at 35k per week is good value. We need Seri as cover Cairney.

junior white

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 17, 2019, 08:52:50 AM

Clearly he will leave

At the prices AC Milan are offering to pay to Fulham (i.e. 35k per week) for Seri, it would be worth keeping Seri as Cairney's backup. Fulham would be crazy to sell Seri, he is a damn good bench player in the championship. We are keeping Cisse at 13k per week , Kebano at 13k per week and McDonald at 22k per week, surely Seri at 35k is good value.
Don't disagree, for me it should be a permanent move or we keep him

DevonFFC

Clearly he will leave

At the prices AC Milan are offering to pay to Fulham (i.e. 35k per week) for Seri, it would be worth keeping Seri as Cairney's backup. Fulham would be crazy to sell Seri, he is a damn good bench player in the championship. We are keeping Cisse at 13k per week , Kebano at 13k per week and McDonald at 22k per week, surely Seri at 35k is good value.

I think the problem is he isn't a bench player, he will want first team football and his agent will be looking for that

junior white

Quote from: DevonFFC on July 17, 2019, 08:10:32 AM

Clearly he will leave

This was from get French football news on twitter who seems to be pretty spot on when comes to transfers but we shall see
I have only seen the story in the turkish press which is what I based my comment on, didn't know where yours was from

Steven Ageroad

Clearly he will leave

At the prices AC Milan are offering to pay to Fulham (i.e. 35k per week) for Seri, it would be worth keeping Seri as Cairney's backup. Fulham would be crazy to sell Seri, he is a damn good bench player in the championship. We are (according to football manager) keeping Cisse at 13k/wk , Kebano at 13k/wk, McDonald at 22k/wk and Ream at 27k/wk, surely Seri at 35k per week is good value. We need Seri as cover Cairney.

If you were Seri and you were as good as you thought you were, would you want to be a "a damm good bench player in the Championship"?!!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 17, 2019, 09:05:00 AM

Clearly he will leave

If you were Seri and you were as good as you thought you were, would you want to be a "a damm good bench player in the Championship"?!!

If I thought I was good enough to make AC Milan XI, then i would surely think i'm good enough to come off the bench and dislodge Cairney from the Fulham's first XI.

I cannot believe what I'm hearing, Seri wants to leave Fulham as a bench player to get first team football at AC Milan. I dreamed of the day that players would leave the Fulham Squad to get First Team Football at AC Milan, but that day hasn't yet come. If that day has come has Parker has made a huge mistake not placing Seri ahead of Cairney, as there is no way Cairney would make AC Milan First XI.