more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Danitar on July 24, 2019, 10:12:57 PM
Are we getting Besic in as a replacement then, I can't see why we would be letting him go if we didn't already have a replacement lined up. If Besic is coming in I think this is a better move than keeping Anguissa as Besic is more suited to the league

Anguissa will surely play the Johansen role. Besic can fill in for McDonald

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Danitar on July 24, 2019, 10:15:23 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on July 24, 2019, 10:12:06 PM
Sessegnon 100% going in next few days. Fulham are stringing the deal out as Parker wants Juan Foyth a CB on loan for the season.  Spurs weren't initially keen

I don't want foyth in, every time he plays he always looks clumsy. Just look at the red card he got against Bournemouth and that was just poor all round with the lose of the ball to the high tackle. It's a no from more on him. I would rather have carter-vickers instead

I'd love Foyth but he won't come.

Danitar

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 24, 2019, 10:30:57 PM
Quote from: Danitar on July 24, 2019, 10:12:57 PM
Are we getting Besic in as a replacement then, I can't see why we would be letting him go if we didn't already have a replacement lined up. If Besic is coming in I think this is a better move than keeping Anguissa as Besic is more suited to the league

Anguissa will surely play the Johansen role. Besic can fill in for McDonald
Can't see Anguissa getting as many goals as Johansen in that position as he will score and assist more in this league. I see Anguissa playing more of a McDonald role but I feel Besic is better than both of them in that role

Riverside

Sessegnon 100% going in next few days. Fulham are stringing the deal out as Parker wants Juan Foyth a CB on loan for the season.  Spurs weren't initially keen

Now Foyth is v unlikely BUT if true can play RCB and RB

Foyth received his first call-up to the senior Argentina national football team for a number of friendly games to be played in October 2018.[14] He made his actual debut on 16 November 2018 in a friendly against Mexico where he helped Argentina to a 2–0 win. He won the man of the match award and received wide praise for his performance in this match.[15][16] Foyth was selected for the team at the 2019 Copa América, and made his first start in the competition in the match against Qatar.[17] He started as a right-back in three further games, including the semi-final they lost to Brazil 2–0,[18] and the third-place play-off against Chile, which they won 2–1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelerdeeler

Foyth can be a bit rash sometimes, but if he can develop that out of his game he'll be exceptional. Would give us the versatility to switch to a three as well as he's a sort of hybrid Centre-Back/Right-Back similar to Le Marchand on the left.

Highly, highly doubt we'd be able to get him though. Think our most likely Centre-Back signing is Michael Hector, unless Tony Khan decides to go shopping in the sort of market he's shopped in for Knockaert and Cavaleiro and goes for a low-end Prem Centre-Back who could be available like a Lejeune at Newcastle, although our wage budget must be getting stretched now.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Riverside on July 24, 2019, 11:40:21 PM

Now Foyth is v unlikely BUT if true can play RCB and RB

Foyth received his first call-up to the senior Argentina national football team for a number of friendly games to be played in October 2018.[14] He made his actual debut on 16 November 2018 in a friendly against Mexico where he helped Argentina to a 2–0 win. He won the man of the match award and received wide praise for his performance in this match.[15][16] Foyth was selected for the team at the 2019 Copa América, and made his first start in the competition in the match against Qatar.[17] He started as a right-back in three further games, including the semi-final they lost to Brazil 2–0,[18] and the third-place play-off against Chile, which they won 2–1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we are first in the championship in the "winter transfer window" and Foyth isn't getting much game time, then I reckon the chance of signing Juan Foyth on loan/buy option conditional on getting promotion would be very strong and if we are leading the Championship when we sign him it would virtually guarantee us of at least maintaining our defensive performance.

southwest6

personally think Foyth is a liability. One of my best mates is a spurs fan and so have seen a few games with him where Foyth has featured. Each game he had made pretty bad mistakes... He loves to dilly dally on the ball; a bit like Ream but far worse!

That being said he is a technically gifted player and has the potential to come good, however i fear the championship would be too physical for him.

@jolslover

Foyth would be a great signing, highly rated by Pocch and played a few first team games for Spurs at RCB however I think he is in Pocchs first team plans sadly and also think that if he wasn't a prem team would pick him up
STH H3

FFC1987

I'd 100% take Foyth if offered. I'd like to hear the validity to the Anguissa rumours though.

filham

I have lost track of things and need to jot down a few points to clarify where we are in this window. I an conscious that there is but nine days to go to the first match and that Parker will be looking to see his first choice team tested against West Ham on Saturday.

1. All of last seasons loan signings have left and some ,like Chambers, need to be replaced.
2. Seri has gone on loan to another club.
3. Mitrovic has extended his contract and we have brought in loan signings  Knockaert and Cavaliero to give us probably the best attack in the championship  which will have cover from Kamara, Ayite'Fonte and Kebano.
4. No new midfield or back four players have been signed so we are relying on last season's defensive line up, less Chambers, which conceded over 80 goals.
5.No new first team permanent transfers have yet been undertaken.
6. Lots of talk about a possible move to Spurs for Sess but the talk has been going on since last season.
7. No talk at all about Anguissa who may want to leave.

I think that is about it, will there be more moves before the window shuts ? If so we are leaving it late again.

deadcowboys

Quote from: filham on July 25, 2019, 11:34:24 AM
I have lost track of things and need to jot down a few points to clarify where we are in this window. I an conscious that there is but nine days to go to the first match and that Parker will be looking to see his first choice team tested against West Ham on Saturday.

1. All of last seasons loan signings have left and some ,like Chambers, need to be replaced.
2. Seri has gone on loan to another club.
3. Mitrovic has extended his contract and we have brought in loan signings  Knockaert and Cavaliero to give us probably the best attack in the championship  which will have cover from Kamara, Ayite'Fonte and Kebano.
4. No new midfield or back four players have been signed so we are relying on last season's defensive line up, less Chambers, which conceded over 80 goals.
5.No new first team permanent transfers have yet been undertaken.
6. Lots of talk about a possible move to Spurs for Sess but the talk has been going on since last season.
7. No talk at all about Anguissa who may want to leave.

I think that is about it, will there be more moves before the window shuts ? If so we are leaving it late again.

That's about the size of it.

twang

Anguissa close to signing with Villarreal according to AS:

Villarreal: close to closing the signing of Zambo Anguissa
Zambo Anguissa, 23, stood out at Olympique Marseille two seasons ago and Fulham, his current club, paid for him 25 million.

Villarreal CF already has a shot and is very close to closing the signing of his long-awaited center, for which he has been working for months. That is none other than the Cameroon footballer of Fulham André-Frank Zambo Anguissa, who is very close to being a player of the Castellón team. If there were no unexpected setbacks, Villarreal could announce its signing in the next few days.

With his signing, Villarreal would close one of the reinforcements most needed by the team for this next campaign. Zambo Anguissa, 23, stood out at the Olympique de Marseille two seasons ago, which earned him to go to the Premier as one of Fulham's outstanding signings, which paid 25 million to close his incorporation.

The season has been disastrous for the player and also for the English club, with the decline of category, which has opened the doors to an exit. And that possible exit is Villarreal, which has long had the middle center in its list of preferences as the first option, although depending on whether its departure could be given in the economic parameters that manage those of the Plana.

Anguissa of 1.84 meters high, is a half center of power and power , something that from the club was sought since last season. The idea is to have height and muscle in that position was a priority, since it also allows to advance the position of Vicente Iborra in the field and have more strength in the air game also near the area. Zambo Anguissa is the one chosen by Villarreal, and he was for many weeks, but his signing to close will be one of those complicated operations and in which there has been

https://as.com/futbol/2019/07/25/primera/1564053679_816071.html

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: twang on July 25, 2019, 12:51:24 PM

Zambo Anguissa, 23, stood out at Olympique Marseille two seasons ago and Fulham, his current club, paid for him 25 million.

Villarreal CF already has a shot and is very close to closing the signing of his long-awaited center, for which he has been working for months. That is none other than the Cameroon footballer of Fulham André-Frank Zambo Anguissa, who is very close to being a player of the Castellón team. If there were no unexpected setbacks, Villarreal could announce its signing in the next few days.

With his signing, Villarreal would close one of the reinforcements most needed by the team for this next campaign. Zambo Anguissa, 23, stood out at the Olympique de Marseille two seasons ago, which earned him to go to the Premier as one of Fulham's outstanding signings, which paid 25 million to close his incorporation.

The season has been disastrous for the player and also for the English club, with the decline of category, which has opened the doors to an exit. And that possible exit is Villarreal, which has long had the middle center in its list of preferences as the first option, although depending on whether its departure could be given in the economic parameters that manage those of the Plana.

Anguissa of 1.84 meters high, is a half center of power and power , something that from the club was sought since last season. The idea is to have height and muscle in that position was a priority, since it also allows to advance the position of Vicente Iborra in the field and have more strength in the air game also near the area. Zambo Anguissa is the one chosen by Villarreal, and he was for many weeks, but his signing to close will be one of those complicated operations and in which there has been

If he is off, expect to see Harry Arter rumours start flowing again.

Would be a logical replacement.

Bassey the warrior

Would be very disappointed to lose him.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 25, 2019, 01:19:28 PM

If he is off, expect to see Harry Arter rumours start flowing again.

Would be a logical replacement.

And it's a family affair after all.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Statto

Arter for Anguissa would be bad on so many levels - age, quality, personality, nepotism

TK needs to come out and say these rumours are BS

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Statto on July 25, 2019, 01:32:44 PM
Arter for Anguissa would be bad on so many levels - age, quality, personality, nepotism

Wait...so contracts in England aren't legally binding?

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Why would TK sell or loan Anguissa? I understand Fulham need a #6 to replace Chambers but you don't give up your midfielder with the highest ceiling to do it.

Statto

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 25, 2019, 01:42:38 PM

Wait...so contracts in England aren't legally binding?

Yes he has a legally binding contract to stay.

Just like Seri did.  :doh:

MJG

Its not a rumour (about Frank) im sorry to say
Just the views of a long term fan

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on July 25, 2019, 01:48:57 PM

Its not a rumour (about Frank) im sorry to say

Thats put a massive dent in our aspirations for me.....