https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 26, 2019, 05:51:56 AM
Tony Khan and his team confuse me.

Tony Khan seemed to have a clear strategy last season of buying players to build a solid core Mawson, Anguissa, Seri and Mitro, with wage reduction clauses if we go down that strategy is a bit stupid if we sell the players. Now, we are going to loan/sell the core to buyer wingers and defenders. If we get promoted with Ream, KMac and Stefjo, then i don't think another £100m will save us from relegation. Moronic to sell Anguissa.

junior white

It isn't always the clubs fault or TK's fault, sometimes it is but not always.

If (and I say if) certain french media reports (as mentioned on this board) are true, then he has told the club he doesn't want to play in the championship, he wouldn't be the first player to do so and he wont be the last either, do we then keep him and have an unhappy player possibly affecting morale (again not saying he will).

If they are true then it would seem best to either sell or loan him so we have a squad focussed on achieving their goals for the season without distractions from within the squad. If they are not true then to me it would seem a little silly to sell or loan a player that in the last 4-6 games of last season got better and better and also during the AFCON looked better than that still.

Facts Not Fiction

They've done superb business so far. Signing 2 of the best wingers in recent years at this level, tied down 2 of our most important players to long term deals, and given Seri the time he wanted away, with the chance of him returning to us in the PL again.

Business still needs to be done, but what he's done so far is excellent.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 26, 2019, 06:44:26 AM

Tony Khan seemed to have a clear strategy last season of buying players to build a solid core Mawson, Anguissa, Seri and Mitro, with wage reduction clauses if we go down that strategy is a bit stupid if we sell the players. Now, we are going to loan/sell the core to buyer wingers and defenders. If we get promoted with Ream, KMac and Stefjo, then i don't think another £100m will save us from relegation. Moronic to sell Anguissa.

I don't think it's his choice to sell Anguissa. He was involved in all the photo shoots for the new kit, so I think most thought he was staying around.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: junior white on July 26, 2019, 06:58:05 AM
It isn't always the clubs fault or TK's fault, sometimes it is but not always.

If (and I say if) certain french media reports (as mentioned on this board) are true, then he has told the club he doesn't want to play in the championship, he wouldn't be the first player to do so and he wont be the last either, do we then keep him and have an unhappy player possibly affecting morale (again not saying he will).

If they are true then it would seem best to either sell or loan him so we have a squad focussed on achieving their goals for the season without distractions from within the squad. If they are not true then to me it would seem a little silly to sell or loan a player that in the last 4-6 games of last season got better and better and also during the AFCON looked better than that still.

Scott Parker is a very inexperienced manager if he thinks letting every player leave that's wants to leave will stop with Seri, Anguissa and R.Sess; frankly i'm sure a few more players with be thinking should i join Norwich, Sheffield United or other teams now that those three have left. Isnt Cairney from Yorkshire.

Statto

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 26, 2019, 07:01:55 AM

They've done superb business so far. Signing 2 of the best wingers in recent years at this level, tied down 2 of our most important players to long term deals, and given Seri the time he wanted away, with the chance of him returning to us in the PL again.

But not good enough to redeem the sh1tshow of business he did last summer.

The one redeeming factor he had going for him was his claim that he could keep most of this team together, thereby avoiding a repetition of the key mistakes from last summer (high player turnover, last minute signings etc) and giving us a high probability of going back up.

Now it seems his two marquee signings will both be leaving, and 8 days before the first match we still have two holes in the spine of the team.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Statto on July 26, 2019, 07:58:30 AM

But not good enough to redeem the sh1tshow of business he did last summer.

The one redeeming factor he had going for him was his claim that he could keep most of this team together, thereby avoiding a repetition of the key mistakes from last summer (high player turnover, last minute signings etc) and giving us a high probability of going back up.

Now it seems his two marquee signings will both be leaving, and 8 days before the first match we still have two holes in the spine of the team.

We all knew Seri was never going to stay. We were all hopeful with Anguissa, but alas it didn't happen.

We kept hold of the players who we know can make a good impact at this level, i.e. Mawson, Bryan, Cairney and Mitrovic.

toshes mate

In my opinion the words superb and excellent mentioned in the same sentence as TK and his recruitment outfit is a sacrilege. 

TK has massively contradicted himself in one breath arguing it was always more likely than not we would be relegated and in almost the next breath saying Anguissa and Seri were intended as purchases for the future (not at FFC as it would seem to appear as of now).   That makes no sense at all.  The guy is an opportunist and not a far sighted and able football technician with the skill levels and knowledge required to make decisions without a incredible amount of input from his professional football colleagues.   He admits that input didn't happen with SJ but does not explain why; meanwhile SJ has told us 'recruitment isn't my job'.  SP has been joining in - as far as we know - and so let's at least wait and see how the season pans out before we draw any conclusions at all about TK's recent business. 

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: toshes mate on July 26, 2019, 08:25:58 AM

In my opinion the words superb and excellent mentioned in the same sentence as TK and his recruitment outfit is a sacrilege. 

TK has massively contradicted himself in one breath arguing it was always more likely than not we would be relegated and in almost the next breath saying Anguissa and Seri were intended as purchases for the future (not at FFC as it would seem to appear as of now).   That makes no sense at all.  The guy is an opportunist and not a far sighted and able football technician with the skill levels and knowledge required to make decisions without a incredible amount of input from his professional football colleagues.   He admits that input didn't happen with SJ but does not explain why; meanwhile SJ has told us 'recruitment isn't my job'.  SP has been joining in - as far as we know - and so let's at least wait and see how the season pans out before we draw any conclusions at all about TK's recent business. 

So you think the business done so far isn't any good?

Our future for Seri and Anguissa was expected in the PL. The fact we got relegated changes this. As it does for most relegated sides.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: toshes mate on July 26, 2019, 08:25:58 AM

I see wisdom in TK 2018 longer term strategy, but i'm left highly confused with TK massively contradicted himself. A strategic plan that includes relegation and bouncing back up shouldn't be abandoned once relegated.

Our number one problem is high player turnover, we need to hold on to players as long as possible. We don't have to sell Anguissa to upgrade RB not every member of the squad needs to be ideal the most important thing is they get use to playing together and we upgrade every player we lose. I thought the summer transfer window of 2018 wasn't too bad, if it meant we had ten players (Fabri, Christie, Mawson, MLM, Bryan, Anguissa, Seri, Cairney, Kamara and Mitro) on three to five year contracts.

Im very disappointed if TK sell Anguissa, because i thought he was a wise long term investment, frankly for short term investments there were always better options line Danny Drinkwater for around the same price.

Woolly Mammoth

If all this is true about Zambo, then this has just magnified what massive errors of judgement were involved in purchasing them in the first place. What exactly were their impact on the team last year considering they cost Fulham an arm and a leg. Not the sort of characters you need when your under the pump. I got the impression neither of them wanted to be here in the first place.
So where are they now ?
Not a Craven Cottage, not at Motspur Park, neither have played in any preseason matches, why is that I ask my self. Because they are both abroad, one is in Turkey the other in Spain,  no surprise there. So what exactly was TKs cunning plan in the first place when he shook hands a year ago when he completed both deals, seems a complete disaster from start to finish, and how much did it cost Fulham to have the pleasure of their company.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BestOfBrede

Shame we didn't keep (buy) Olly Norwood

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2019, 08:48:24 AM
If all this is true about Zambo, then this has just magnified what massive errors of judgement were involved in purchasing them in the first place. What exactly were their impact on the team last year considering they cost Fulham an arm and a leg. Not the sort of characters you need when your under the pump. I got the impression neither of them wanted to be here in the first place.
So where are they now ?
Not a Craven Cottage, not at Motspur Park, neither have played in any preseason matches, why is that I ask my self. Because they are both abroad, no surprise there. So what exactly was TKs cunning plan in the first place when he shook hands a year ago when he completed both deals, seems a complete disaster from start to finish, and how much did it cost Fulham to have the pleasure of their company.

How dare they go and represent their countries #KhanOUT

Statto

Anguissa leaving will probably tip us over the threshold where "most" (ie more than 50%) of last summer's signings, both by number (7 out of 12) and value (players costing over half the £100m) are no longer with us, just a year later.

Shocking.

Tabby

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 26, 2019, 08:50:14 AM
So where are they now ?
Not a Craven Cottage, not at Motspur Park, neither have played in any preseason matches, why is that I ask my self. Because they are both abroad, no surprise there.

Ream should be sold, disgraceful of him to be missing from the preseason.

Woolly Mammoth

So where are they now ?
Not a Craven Cottage, not at Motspur Park, neither have played in any preseason matches, why is that I ask my self. Because they are both abroad, no surprise there. So what exactly was TKs cunning plan in the first place when he shook hands a year ago when he completed both deals, seems a complete disaster from start to finish, and how much did it cost Fulham to have the pleasure of their company.

I think you have wandered onto the wrong thread again. The point I was making was that the whole episode of Seri and Zambo has been a disaster from start to finish, which is magnified by the cost to the club, not exactly value for money, and the contributions have been pitiful. Both examples of poor recruitment.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on July 26, 2019, 08:59:46 AM
Anguissa leaving will probably tip us over the threshold where "most" (ie more than 50%) of last summer's signings, both by number (7 out of 12) and value (players costing over half the £100m) are no longer with us, just a year later.

Shocking.

The problem at this club is not the players coming through the front door, the problem is that it's a revolving door. Anguissa and Seri came with a pay rise and now their paid well leaving.

bobby01

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 26, 2019, 09:14:22 AM
Quote from: Statto on July 26, 2019, 08:59:46 AM

Shocking.

The problem at this club is not the players coming through the front door, the problem is that it's a revolving door. Anguissa and Seri came with a pay rise and now their paid well leaving.

Agree with both of you
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2019, 09:09:01 AM
So where are they now ?

I think you have wandered onto the wrong thread again. The point I was making was that the whole episode of Seri and Zambo has been a disaster from start to finish, which is magnified by the cost to the club, not exactly value for money, and the contributions have been pitiful. Both examples of poor recruitment.
Strategy more like bull in a China shop strategy, great business up to this point I suspect Scott's wishes player wise so far,now he's selling  Zambo!