https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 26, 2019, 07:17:28 AM
Quote from: junior white on July 26, 2019, 06:58:05 AM
It isn't always the clubs fault or TK's fault, sometimes it is but not always.

If (and I say if) certain french media reports (as mentioned on this board) are true, then he has told the club he doesn't want to play in the championship, he wouldn't be the first player to do so and he wont be the last either, do we then keep him and have an unhappy player possibly affecting morale (again not saying he will).

If they are true then it would seem best to either sell or loan him so we have a squad focussed on achieving their goals for the season without distractions from within the squad. If they are not true then to me it would seem a little silly to sell or loan a player that in the last 4-6 games of last season got better and better and also during the AFCON looked better than that still.

Scott Parker is a very inexperienced manager if he thinks letting every player leave that's wants to leave will stop with Seri, Anguissa and R.Sess; frankly i'm sure a few more players with be thinking should i join Norwich, Sheffield United or other teams now that those three have left. Isnt Cairney from Yorkshire.
I get what your saying, but i was just pointing out it is too simplistic a view to blame TK or the club every time we sell a player that we want to keep, if they don't want to play for the club and make that clear there seems no point in keeping them and having an unhappy squad. If they think they are too good for the championship which obviously Seri did and maybe according to french paper reports (if they are true i have no clue as i said earlier) Anguissa does then get rid and play people who want to be with us.

Personally for me most of Ligue 1 is no better than the championship, so playing premier league football for these players is ore of a stretch so they should play and prove their worth, alas most will not do so as they are fickle and believe agent talk or their own hype

The Rational Fan

Quote from: junior white on July 26, 2019, 09:30:04 AM

If (and I say if) certain french media reports (as mentioned on this board) are true, then he has told the club he doesn't want to play in the championship, he wouldn't be the first player to do so and he wont be the last either, do we then keep him and have an unhappy player possibly affecting morale (again not saying he will).

If they are true then it would seem best to either sell or loan him so we have a squad focussed on achieving their goals for the season without distractions from within the squad. If they are not true then to me it would seem a little silly to sell or loan a player that in the last 4-6 games of last season got better and better and also during the AFCON looked better than that still.

Scott Parker is a very inexperienced manager if he thinks letting every player leave that's wants to leave will stop with Seri, Anguissa and R.Sess; frankly i'm sure a few more players with be thinking should i join Norwich, Sheffield United or other teams now that those three have left. Isnt Cairney from Yorkshire.
I get what your saying, but i was just pointing out it is too simplistic a view to blame TK or the club every time we sell a player that we want to keep, if they don't want to play for the club and make that clear there seems no point in keeping them and having an unhappy squad. If they think they are too good for the championship which obviously Seri did and maybe according to french paper reports (if they are true i have no clue as i said earlier) Anguissa does then get rid and play people who want to be with us.

Personally for me most of Ligue 1 is no better than the championship, so playing premier league football for these players is ore of a stretch so they should play and prove their worth, alas most will not do so as they are fickle and believe agent talk or their own hype

Well, if we sell Seri and Anguissa at financial losses, then there is no money for transfers. The net result is instead of having a unhappy Seri and unhappy Anguissa in the starting XI, we have a happy Tayo Edun and a happy Cisse. And frankly, i'd prefer a unhappy Seri and Anguissa at the club, besides once the transfer windows is closed they only have two choices "sulk" or "suck it up". Sunderland got relegated and didn't want unhappy players to stay, by the way the club if players leave we have to pay their incoming transfer fee all in one year instead amortised over the contract.

Alex Ferguson wouldn't care if a player is unhappy, or wants to go elsewhere. Once you develop a culture of letting unhappy players go, players start thinking about who they would prefer to play for and once they think about other options they quickly become uphappy. Cairney would surely be thinking if he says his unhappy then he'll end up back in his home Yorkshire in the Premier League for Sheffield United. Allowing unhappy players to go where they choose in the "road to ruin".

I think the Anguissa move and not wanting unhappy players was Scott Parker's input, he may prove to be a foolish inexperienced manager because booking financial losses won't allow him any money to buy new players. FFP rules crucifies any manager that sells players at losses, i really wonder if he knows what he is getting himself into by letting unhappy leave. HUGE MISTAKE

rusty shackleford

It annoys the poo out if me when these big time charlies come in on big fees, play like crap and then swan off on loan to top tier teams when they help get us relegated. It annoyed me when it was mitroglou, it annoyed me when it was ruiz, and it annoys me when its these 2. Id rather play them in the reserves, damn the money

The Rational Fan

Quote from: rusty shackleford on July 26, 2019, 09:52:48 AM
It annoys the poo out if me when these big time charlies come in on big fees, play like crap and then swan off on loan to top tier teams when they help get us relegated. It annoyed me when it was mitroglou, it annoyed me when it was ruiz, and it annoys me when its these 2. Id rather play them in the reserves, damn the money

Fulham are allowing it and they should stop. Seri and Anguissa should play u23s as thenover age players if they don't want to play for First l

MJG

I once again ask for a link saying where Anguissa has said he wants to leave or spoken to a paper or site about it.

All these posts here and elsewhere slagging him off for doing or saying stuff that there is not a shred of evidence to show that.

Posters getting angry at him (or plyers like him) when all you are doing is making it up in your mind "hes going on loan so must have asked to go and not trained and is a bad egg' when in reality we dont know.

How about Parker wants Arter but he was given option of one or the other and he went for his relative? I dont know if its true but i suppose I could keep typing that to belive it in my own mind.

Just the views of a long term fan

Statto

Quote from: rusty shackleford on July 26, 2019, 09:52:48 AM

100% agree with this

Hate to say it, but I'll even have similar feelings about Sessegnon if he goes to Spurs

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on July 26, 2019, 10:08:05 AM
I once again ask for a link saying where Anguissa has said he wants to leave or spoken to a paper or site about it.

All these posts here and elsewhere slagging him off for doing or saying stuff that there is not a shred of evidence to show that.

Posters getting angry at him (or plyers like him) when all you are doing is making it up in your mind "hes going on loan so must have asked to go and not trained and is a bad egg' when in reality we dont know.

How about Parker wants Arter but he was given option of one or the other and he went for his relative? I dont know if its true but i suppose I could keep typing that to belive it in my own mind.

Yep, still waiting on that too.

However, if Parker thinks Arter is an upgrade on Anguissa....I have to question Parker tbh.

Tabby

Why is everyone going on about Harry Arter? I get the nepotism thing, but I haven't seen much linking us to him otherwise.

junior white

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 26, 2019, 09:51:44 AM
Quote from: junior white on July 26, 2019, 09:30:04 AM

Well, if we sell Seri and Anguissa at financial losses, then there is no money for transfers. The net result is instead of having a unhappy Seri and unhappy Anguissa in the starting XI, we have a happy Tayo Edun and a happy Cisse. And frankly, i'd prefer a unhappy Seri and Anguissa at the club, besides once the transfer windows is closed they only have two choices "sulk" or "suck it up". Sunderland got relegated and didn't want unhappy players to stay, by the way the club if players leave we have to pay their incoming transfer fee all in one year instead amortised over the contract.

Alex Ferguson wouldn't care if a player is unhappy, or wants to go elsewhere. Once you develop a culture of letting unhappy players go, players start thinking about who they would prefer to play for and once they think about other options they quickly become uphappy. Cairney would surely be thinking if he says his unhappy then he'll end up back in his home Yorkshire in the Premier League for Sheffield United. Allowing unhappy players to go where they choose in the "road to ruin".

I think the Anguissa move and not wanting unhappy players was Scott Parker's input, he may prove to be a foolish inexperienced manager because booking financial losses won't allow him any money to buy new players. FFP rules crucifies any manager that sells players at losses, i really wonder if he knows what he is getting himself into by letting unhappy leave. HUGE MISTAKE
I don't disagree but just saying that's what most clubs would do. We overpaid last summer in my opinion for both, so if we were to sell we wouldn't get that money back being a championship club as buyers would see as distressed sellers, a loan from that point (although I am against it) makes sense as if we go up we have two players who can play and if not then can get a higher value, but again i doubt would be what we paid as i think we overpaid.

Re Fergie doing what we did is exactly what he did with Berra at the end and Keane to a degree. Didn't want players who were rocking the boat as they were not playing.

junior white

That's why i said in my post if the reports are true as I haven't seen them and papers make up a lot of rubbish at times.

Everyone will believe what they want too as always, but no one actually knows anything as i doubt anyone on here is close enough to the club to know what is what and if they are probably shouldn't put anything on here lol

filham

It is annoying having the Sess. and Anguissa doubts hanging around at the beginning of a new season, I personally have had enough of it and if they want away I think we should engineer a move ASAP, recover as much money as we can and seek a new midfield playerbofore the window shuts.

However this should be Scott Parker's call, he knows the value of each player and the possible negative effect of having players around who want a move.

Jim©

Quote from: Statto on July 26, 2019, 08:59:46 AM
Anguissa leaving will probably tip us over the threshold where "most" (ie more than 50%) of last summer's signings, both by number (7 out of 12) and value (players costing over half the £100m) are no longer with us, just a year later.

Shocking.

Hang on, you're being a little creative with numbers there- 5 of the 12 were loans so always going back (Schurrle could have stayed another season but really?) and only Seri has actually gone (on loan so could come back if we so wished).

FFC1987

Quote from: Tabby on July 26, 2019, 10:14:33 AM
Why is everyone going on about Harry Arter? I get the nepotism thing, but I haven't seen much linking us to him otherwise.

We've been linked with him since January. Lots of reports linking us. True or not, I don't know but its been widely reported.

junior white

Quote from: Jim© on July 26, 2019, 10:32:49 AM
Quote from: Statto on July 26, 2019, 08:59:46 AM
Anguissa leaving will probably tip us over the threshold where "most" (ie more than 50%) of last summer's signings, both by number (7 out of 12) and value (players costing over half the £100m) are no longer with us, just a year later.

Shocking.

Hang on, you're being a little creative with numbers there- 5 of the 12 were loans so always going back (Schurrle could have stayed another season but really?) and only Seri has actually gone (on loan so could come back if we so wished).
Not during the season as apparently no recall clause

Tabby

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 26, 2019, 10:33:43 AM

We've been linked with him since January. Lots of reports linking us. True or not, I don't know but its been widely reported.

Fair enough. I recall the rumours last season, but I haven't been following the rumours outside of transfer windows.

fulhamfan

Man U in for Sess now. Could get a better price for him

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 26, 2019, 02:18:48 AM
Quote from: millsy on July 25, 2019, 11:13:10 PM
Not sure what others saw from Zambo to suggest he would be a success in this lower league. Yes he has some talent but I was unimpressed with his general playing style and also his failure to compete for tough 50:50 balls, not to mention his unwillingness to track back when he/we lost possession.

Of course, he has some raw talent and may improve in leaps and bounds but we couldn't afford to carry him last season and I don't believe we can afford to be patient with him this, if we have hopes of going up again. Problem for me is you can coach lots of things but what I saw from him last season was a lack of heart, which you've either got or you haven't.

Basically, not my type of player and I would rather replace him now, with a combative midfielder, who can put opponents under pressure when they're in possession and pass a simple ball when we are. Think Dave Mackay or Alan Mullery, or even Callum Chambers or a younger Kev MacDonald. There must be someone out there that we can entice.

Zambo would absolutely tear that league apart, he is the only midfielder left that cam make it in Premier League as he is young and will improve. Sorry, Cairney one goal and one assist every 2000 minutes makes him a very good premier league squad player, not a premier league starter.

According to his Fulham player profile, Anguissa played 1789 minutes and scored no goals. It doesn't give assists. So it seems hard to argue on a stats basis any significant difference to Cairney.

Cairney had an injury disrupted season but when he regained his form it was clear that he is the focal point of the team and more than capable of holding his own in the PL.

Statistics can be insightful but must be interpreted very carefully. Most just offer a superficial picture.

A famous example from way back was that in a match Geoff Hurst touched the ball for a mere 15 seconds. In that time he managed to score a hat trick.

There is more to the game than statistics (see our recruitment performance).

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 26, 2019, 10:33:43 AM

He's Scott Parker's brother in law. He's surplus to requirements at AFCB.

2+2 =?
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2019, 09:09:01 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 26, 2019, 08:50:14 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2019, 08:48:24 AM
If all this is true about Zambo, then this has just magnified what massive errors of judgement were involved in purchasing them in the first place. What exactly were their impact on the team last year considering they cost Fulham an arm and a leg. Not the sort of characters you need when your under the pump. I got the impression neither of them wanted to be here in the first place.
So where are they now ?
Not a Craven Cottage, not at Motspur Park, neither have played in any preseason matches, why is that I ask my self. Because they are both abroad, no surprise there. So what exactly was TKs cunning plan in the first place when he shook hands a year ago when he completed both deals, seems a complete disaster from start to finish, and how much did it cost Fulham to have the pleasure of their company.

How dare they go and represent their countries #KhanOUT

I think you have wandered onto the wrong thread again. The point I was making was that the whole episode of Seri and Zambo has been a disaster from start to finish, which is magnified by the cost to the club, not exactly value for money, and the contributions have been pitiful. Both examples of poor recruitment.

Nail on head Mr Mammoth. Poor recruitment that cost the club millions with little impact nor return.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

AnOldBrownie

I'm still waiting to see him holding up something saying Villareal.  I mean, he took his physical 2 days ago...yet we've got nothing other than a spanish report with no meat behind it.

Now, he may be going...   but I'm still skeptical.

English media normally jump all over this.  Especially a club based in London.   No pictures, no player statements, no manager statements