GJB

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 28, 2019, 11:55:14 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on July 28, 2019, 11:49:36 AM
Quote from: MrFFC on July 28, 2019, 11:23:34 AM
If we kept Ryan & Steven Sessegnon & brought in

Michael Hector
Harry Arter
Josh Onomah

Would everyone look at that as a successful window?

I don't think we need Ryan Sess
I would much rather have the money - Knockaert and Cavaleiro both better players so he wouldn't start.
Between Kamara, Ayite and Kebano we have more than enough backup
We have built a squad for without Sess so for him to stay and us not get the money and see him leave on a free would be very bad IMO

:plus one:

+2

hovewhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 28, 2019, 11:56:01 AM
Quote from: Riversider on July 28, 2019, 11:22:47 AM
Quote from: Bracken White on July 28, 2019, 10:26:45 AM
Just to clarify, Ryan Porteous - 20 yr old 6' 2" CH who has represented Scotland at U19, U20 & U21 levels.

We need somebody in right now, Porteous, even if he was fit, wouldn't get in to our side right now, but Scott McKenna of Aberdeen would, and at £3 million would be a bargain,
James Tavernier and Scott McKenna for a combined £11 million and a lot of our defensive problems are solved.

McKenna old fashioned centre half,might get a few red cards down here(takes no prisoners).
Wouldn't get him for 3 mill anyway,they've turned down 5 and 6 mill bids from Stoke and  Villa.
we have sess position covered now sell to highest bidder!

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 27, 2019, 07:33:21 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 27, 2019, 07:23:08 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2019, 07:18:29 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 01, 2019, 03:46:29 PM
If we're only signing a defender and a winger (which IMO is all we need as it stands) then for once, I'm happy for business to be done a bit later

What a difference a month makes. IMO we now need two defenders and two central midfielders, and that's too many players to integrate in August.

One step forward, three steps back.

Three terrible transfer decisions from last summer (Mawson, Anguissa and Seri) look set to scupper this season as well, I reckon.

So why at that time, was signing Mawson a terrible transfer decision??

At the time everyone thought it was a terrific window. Hindsight what a wonderful thing!!

Sorry to have caused such a late night/early morning stir with the comment about hindsight, but don't you guys have beds to go to! Or was it the wine taking over.

My comment, like our transfers of last season, SEEMED A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME!

Lighthouse

West Ham striker Jordan Hugill has joined QPR on a season long loan.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

the nutflush

Quote from: hovewhite on July 28, 2019, 12:34:21 PM
Just to clarify, Ryan Porteous - 20 yr old 6' 2" CH who has represented Scotland at U19, U20 & U21 levels.

We need somebody in right now, Porteous, even if he was fit, wouldn't get in to our side right now, but Scott McKenna of Aberdeen would, and at £3 million would be a bargain,
James Tavernier and Scott McKenna for a combined £11 million and a lot of our defensive problems are solved.

McKenna old fashioned centre half,might get a few red cards down here(takes no prisoners).
Wouldn't get him for 3 mill anyway,they've turned down 5 and 6 mill bids from Stoke and  Villa.
we have sess position covered now sell to highest bidder!

As long as we sell in time to use funds to buy a decent CB and LB. problem is this will probably go through on deadline day.

Tabby

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 28, 2019, 12:58:59 PM
Sorry to have caused such a late night/early morning stir with the comment about hindsight, but don't you guys have beds to go to! Or was it the wine taking over.

My comment, like our transfers of last season, SEEMED A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME!

Should stop using a stat based model for your comments.

GJB

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 28, 2019, 01:01:57 PM

I'm not sure if you were suggesting this should have been a player we should have gone for or not, but If we're chasing promotion, his goal-scoring record isn't probably up to scratch.

He only managed 6 goals for Boro last season in 38 appearances and at Preston he scored 23 in 103 appearances - 1 goal every 4/5 matches.

absenteeism

Quote from: GJB on July 28, 2019, 01:13:19 PM

I'm not sure if you were suggesting this should have been a player we should have gone for or not, but If we're chasing promotion, his goal-scoring record isn't probably up to scratch.

He only managed 6 goals for Boro last season in 38 appearances and at Preston he scored 23 in 103 appearances - 1 goal every 4/5 matches.

We need a back up for Mitro and Hugill would have been perfect

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: GJB on July 28, 2019, 01:13:19 PM

Think he's just pointing out that other clubs are signing players,whoever they are.

Buffalo76

Let's offer £7-8m then ....simple!

Woolly Mammoth

I am hoping the next 11 days will enable the club to bring in the players we obviously need to fill the positions and areas we are weak and short on. Might just take one transfer deal to create a domino effect. Hopefully it will be players of quality, pedigree and experience to create an opportunity to gain promotion at Scott Parker's first attempt, as to a certain extent a manager is only as good as the players he has at his disposal.
We have to make ourselves hard to beat, and create consistency in collecting points.
Make Craven Cottage a fortress again, because I am sure we can win at any ground in this division, in just the same way we can lose at any ground in this division, but a solid no nonsense physical defence would give us a much better chance. Keep a clean sheet and we only need to score one goal to win a game. Keep a clean pillow case as well and we will be buzzing.
But only if we sign the players we need.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

The Fox escaped,he was too fast for plod.
Apparently it was Jamie Vardy.😊

absenteeism

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 28, 2019, 02:04:17 PM

I don't know what you are talking about on a permanent basis.

Woolly Mammoth

The newspapers say he was giving his wife  a piggy back at the time, and still got away. But when I observe some of the more rotund members of the Constabulary filling their boat races with tubby fast food at many petrol stations and similar outlets. I would place a Monkey on Samantha Fox carrying a step ladder over her shoulder out sprinting the old Bill.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Facts Not Fiction

McKenna is left footed. Doesn't solve our immediate problem.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: absenteeism on July 28, 2019, 02:14:32 PM

I don't know what you are talking about on a permanent basis.

Funny my wife says the same.😜

junior white

Last central defender highly rated in Scotland we signed turned out well, Shaun Hutchinson. Not saying will be the same but he doesn't seem any better from the clips I looked up today

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 28, 2019, 02:16:33 PM

McKenna is left footed. Doesn't solve our immediate problem.

On Sky today they've turned down 3mill bids from Forest and QPR.
Aberdeen have laughed at it he contracted til 2024.
The 442 mag said a while back he is as good now as McLeish was for Aberdeen, so that's high praise,but as has been pointed out left footed.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: junior white on July 28, 2019, 04:43:28 PM
Last central defender highly rated in Scotland we signed turned out well, Shaun Hutchinson. Not saying will be the same but he doesn't seem any better from the clips I looked up today

Think the trial he is one for future, not to go into
our present side.

filham

Quote from: GJB on July 28, 2019, 12:03:25 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on July 28, 2019, 11:55:14 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on July 28, 2019, 11:49:36 AM
Quote from: MrFFC on July 28, 2019, 11:23:34 AM
If we kept Ryan & Steven Sessegnon & brought in

Michael Hector
Harry Arter
Josh Onomah

Would everyone look at that as a successful window?

I don't think we need Ryan Sess
I would much rather have the money - Knockaert and Cavaleiro both better players so he wouldn't start.
Between Kamara, Ayite and Kebano we have more than enough backup
We have built a squad for without Sess so for him to stay and us not get the money and see him leave on a free would be very bad IMO

:plus one:

+2
I too am now anxious to see the back of Sess. without further delay so that money becomes available for players in critical positions.
Right now the most pressing need is for cover in centre mid, then a centre half followed by a right back.
I also think it correct to say that Sess is surplus to immediate requirements.