Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David I

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 28, 2019, 10:44:42 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 28, 2019, 10:37:21 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 28, 2019, 07:08:36 PM
It's all doom n gloom on here ain't it!

In fairness, in the space of 48 hrs we've lost the 1st and potentially (to injury) the 4th most expensive players we've signed in our history (one of whom was our only decent defender) and our youngest ever first team player, without receiving a decent fee for any of them. It was hardly the best way for the penultimate weekend of the transfer window to pan out.

It's a fair point.

Last week I put a bet on that we'd win the league. I'm seriously considering cashing it out to get my money back.
Realistically, if we finish top 10 that would be a good season. It appears that expectations are made by the heart....rather than the head. We would all like automatic promotion but it isnt going to be a walk in the park.
We've signed Cav and knockheart, proven experience in the leagues and SHOULD do well.... not the usual gamble of bring others in without experience. BUT so have other teams brought in quality players.
Our defence is still poor, more so with Mawson out.

A marque signing to show intent would be to convince Cahill to join us.... even if that means paying slightly over the odds with a caveat that he can go in Jan if we are not top 6?

Atomhead

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 28, 2019, 06:30:07 PM
This club is the laughing stock of the league imo.

Are you for real?! The key part of this utterly ridiculous sentence is "IMO". Other clubs in this league would cut their arms off for just one of Mitro, Caviliero, Cairney, Knockhaert, Sessignon, Bryan let alone all of them.

FFC1987

Quote from: Atomhead on July 29, 2019, 10:52:42 AM

Are you for real?! The key part of this utterly ridiculous sentence is "IMO". Other clubs in this league would cut their arms off for just one of Mitro, Caviliero, Cairney, Knockhaert, Sessignon, Bryan let alone all of them.

Was with you till you said Bryan. As a fan of his, he doesn't deserve to be in that list!

Statto

Quote from: spikey norman on July 29, 2019, 11:51:51 AM
Parker predicts more signings

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/parker-predicts-more-fulham-signings#.XT7KVFn0DWg.twitter

"[Cavaleiro and Knockaert] are very, very good players. I still think they're a little bit short of where we need them to be, in terms of minutes and training days. They've come in late to the football club."

Hate to break it to you Scott but mid-July ain't called "late" around here. This time last year 8 more players were still to come in!

Riversider

Quote from: spikey norman on July 29, 2019, 11:51:51 AM
Parker predicts more signings

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/parker-predicts-more-fulham-signings#.XT7KVFn0DWg.twitter

What depresses me with an interview like this , is the fact that it goes against everything Parker told us when he was recruited,
When he joined us he told us that his early appointment and the club's early relegation would give us the extra time needed to prepare for the new season, and yet here we are , 5 days before the new season starts with no defence to speak of and no cover for a wafer thin midfield,
So who do we blame ? Is it Parker or is it Tony Khan ? For me Parker has to take a lot of the blame, why hasn't more been done since March ? Why are we In this position ? Is Parker managing the club or is he just another glove puppet like Kit Symons with Tony Khans hand stuck up his a**e ?
I did a post on this forum last July warning that we needed a right back better than Fredericks, a left back better than Targett and a centre back better than Odoi, one year on and were still waiting,
Chelsea have got proven Championship centre backs like Hector and Tomori available, so why do we stand idly by and do nothing,
I reckon we are in for another slow start and our season starting round about the time our skies are filled with fireworks and the glow of bonfires.

river phoenix

Quote from: Atomhead on July 29, 2019, 10:52:42 AM

This.

Hey, Leeds who are the faves (by the bookies) to go up have 2 senior centre-backs (Cooper and Brighton loanee Ben White) in the whole team.

We need defensive reinforcements surely sooner rather than later so I believe we will sign two of them. Hector and Oxford would be fine.

twang

Johansen's agent and the club are in talks over a new deal and Stefan says he really enjoys his time here now, compared to when he left on loan.

https://www.an.no/fotball/jobb/mediebransjen/nar-ny-avtale-jeg-skal-satses-pa/s/5-4-1050461

Matt10

Quote from: twang on July 29, 2019, 01:33:32 PM
Johansen's agent and the club are in talks over a new deal and Stefan says he really enjoys his time here now, compared to when he left on loan.

https://www.an.no/fotball/jobb/mediebransjen/nar-ny-avtale-jeg-skal-satses-pa/s/5-4-1050461

Great to hear. Think he'll have a fantastic season for us.

Mince n Tatties

I've heard that Scottie and TK are having words over Sess, Scottie wants him to stay and Sess wants to as well,but Khan jnr wants him sold.
It came from my friend where I live,his lad works for the Express,and he gets hear a few whispers what's going on.
Hard to make out,I'd have thought our owners would want Ryan to stay.....Just what I heard.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 29, 2019, 02:23:46 PM
I've heard that Scottie and TK are having words over Sess, Scottie wants him to stay and Sess wants to as well,but Khan jnr wants him sold.
It came from my friend where I live,his lad works for the Express,and he gets hear a few whispers what's going on.
Hard to make out,I'd have thought our owners would want Ryan to stay.....Just what I heard.

I could see some sense to this. From the business standpoint, unless Ryan wants to protect us financially, and sign a new contract, the business side would want him out and not end up with no money. From a footballing perspective, having Ryan in your squad will always enrich us that this level BUT where does he start? Tough one as I rate Knockaert and Cavaleiro in front of him currently.

Moltobueno

Is Drinkwater linked with anyone?

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on July 29, 2019, 03:09:52 PM
Quote from: Moltobueno on July 29, 2019, 03:05:31 PM
Is Drinkwater linked with anyone?
Only his wallet

I'd take him on if he was willing to not only jump down but take a pay cut to save his career.

jayffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 29, 2019, 02:26:36 PM

I could see some sense to this. From the business standpoint, unless Ryan wants to protect us financially, and sign a new contract, the business side would want him out and not end up with no money. From a footballing perspective, having Ryan in your squad will always enrich us that this level BUT where does he start? Tough one as I rate Knockaert and Cavaleiro in front of him currently.

Agreed, assuming this isn't just hearsay for a moment, of course from a managers perspective it'd be nice to keep Sess if possible. But from a finance and squad assembly perspective, it's going to all relate to FFP and what we can/need to do. I'd bet if Scott was given the choice of, look you've got 2 good wingers already, do you want good defensive and midfield reinforcements or do you want to keep Sess... he'd go for the improvements elsewhere. I'm sure the board would rather keep Sess too IF we were in a position to do that AND sign who we need elsewhere in the team. But that's seemingly not the scenario we're faced with, so unsurprising if he's not committing they'll look to make money from the asset.

If the fee is north of 20million. That's money that could do with being spent elsewhere at this point.

Jim©

We conceded more goals in the EPL than any club in history last season.
We have needed a CB pairing for five seasons now and still haven't sorted it.

This club is the laughing stock of th league imo.
I actually feel sorry for Parker. He  will do well to end up mid table.

What a load of overly dramatic and factually incorrect rubbish.
I think most aspire to have a squad like ours, despite our self imposed misery after last season.

Mince n Tatties

But time is running out to spend the so called money.
Spuds if they still want him will wait to last day.

Mullers OG

Priority for the season should be to sort out the RB and CB positions and to get a back up striker for Mitro.  If to do that cash needs to be raised then I can understand the ownership's view about Sess.

RB has been a problem position ever since Fredericks left.  Christie is a hard working full back but in the opinion of many supporters not quite up to the job.   One of the best full backs in the world is without a club at the moment; what about Alves?  What a coup that would be!   CB looks a bit thin although personally I have great respect for Odoi.  If all the team last year had shown his level of passion and commitment they would probably still be in the premiership.

Mitro might survive all season without being injured or suspended; on the other hand he might not and at the moment there is no adequate back up.  Kamara is being given a second chance by the club.  That's fine; let's see how it goes.  He is better in my view as an impact sub out wide.

filham

I can't quit see where there is a place for Sess. in Parker's team but I would like him to stay but then only if he wants to and is prepared to sign a contract. No way is he worth £25m for a season which is what it amounts to if we allow him to walk away on a free next summer.

FFC1987

Quote from: filham on July 29, 2019, 03:27:32 PM

I can't quit see where there is a place for Sess. in Parker's team but I would like him to stay but then only if he wants to and is prepared to sign a contract. No way is he worth £25m for a season which is what it amounts to if we allow him to walk away on a free next summer.

I think Ryan is a very different player to both Cavaleiro and Knockaert and all 3 have different strengths. That's quite a luxury to have with Ayite, Kebano, Kamara and Mitrovic around too so theres 100% a spot in the squad for him, but like you, I'm sceptical of the startign 11/no.1 on the team sheet in front of players already mentioned.