more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 30, 2019, 08:19:53 PM
Why is Sheffield Wednesday player of the year, someone most championship observers said was arguably the best centre half in the division, Michael Hector, not already a Fulham player??

Ask Chelsea!

sarnian

Because Lampard is still assessing his squad as are many managers who are only getting players back from summer tournaments this week. How many have Utd, Spurs etc signed.

Expect a domino effect in the next week or so when a lot of clubs do their business.

junior white

Why is Sheffield Wednesday player of the year, someone most championship observers said was arguably the best centre half in the division, Michael Hector, not already a Fulham player??
I tend to agree, although i do bails at times when they have been their clubs player of the year, memories of Pringle and Stearman come flooding back

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: junior white on July 30, 2019, 08:45:54 PM
I tend to agree, although i do bails at times when they have been their clubs player of the year, memories of Pringle and Stearman come flooding back

Yep there is that but Stears was a Wolves fan made good so probably blinded a few. I've heard Leeds, Wednesday, Bristol City fans etc all say Hector was the nuts last season.
Take on board Lampard assessing the squad but with all the will in the world I cant see him figuring. Tomori another player if the year at Derby would be another one. Think hes Premier league bound though

David I

Quote from: KJS on July 30, 2019, 06:56:38 PM
Quote from: absenteeism on July 30, 2019, 06:16:14 PM
This is a disaster of a window.

Boy genius Tony Khan strikes again
You're happy with the window?

Why don't you run along and support QPHA because you are obviously not a Fulham fan

BernieBoy

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 30, 2019, 05:44:28 PM
Bristol City centreback Adam Webster about to join Brighton.... Someone I'd have liked us to go for,always thought he were good even when at Ipswich.

They are talking £20m+ though, which is madness! Got to think they are lining up Dunk replacement if he goes to Leicester.

Nero

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 30, 2019, 08:53:25 PM
Quote from: junior white on July 30, 2019, 08:45:54 PM

Yep there is that but Stears was a Wolves fan made good so probably blinded a few. I've heard Leeds, Wednesday, Bristol City fans etc all say Hector was the nuts last season.
Take on board Lampard assessing the squad but with all the will in the world I cant see him figuring. Tomori another player if the year at Derby would be another one. Think hes Premier league bound though

So 2 defenders up for grabs, whats everyone playing at all clubs must be crap at transfers if they havent been signed them, sack all Dof, Mangers, chairpersons and tea ladies

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Tabby on July 30, 2019, 07:43:09 PM
Quote from: junior white on July 30, 2019, 07:21:55 PM
Bristol City centreback Adam Webster about to join Brighton.... Someone I'd have liked us to go for,always thought he were good even when at Ipswich.
Rumoured fee 20-25 million, maybe replacing Dunk who could be Leicester bound i guess

United starting a transfer chain that doubled each players worth. Kind of impressive.

You are so right. The possible domino effect is about to kick in!
Rumoured transfers about to happen:-

Webster - Bristol City to Brighton
Dunk - Brighton to Leicester
Maguire - Leicester to Man. Utd.

It happens every transfer window, in all divisions, in last 7-10 days of the window. So all you of dis-believers out there, have faith, FFC will do the business required. COYW.

Tooting legend

Can we use this site for FFC transfers and possible moves Im not interested in other clubs news. It gets so boring coming on here and someone is posting another clubs news this is FFC keep it that way. On that note goodnight.

Arthur

Quote from: Tooting legend on July 30, 2019, 11:14:42 PM
Can we use this site for FFC transfers and possible moves Im not interested in other clubs news. It gets so boring coming on here and someone is posting another clubs news this is FFC keep it that way. On that note goodnight.

This same sentiment arose here a couple of days ago. As was noted then, there is a thread for you; it has only Fulham-related transfer rumours and news and no additional comments. At the time of my writing, however, it's dropped as far back as page 5 of the discussion listings: https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=71152.0

At least it won't take long to catch up with all our reported activity this summer: in spite of that it's been going for the past three months, there's only four pages to it.

The Rational Fan

FFP

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: BernieBoy on July 30, 2019, 09:08:39 PM

They are talking £20m+ though, which is madness! Got to think they are lining up Dunk replacement if he goes to Leicester.

Yes its madness,but I'd rather we spent 20 mill on
a towering centre back like him than throw away over 50 mill on two useless midfielders from France.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 31, 2019, 07:40:33 AM

FFP

People with a far greater knowledge of FFP than I have reckon we've got money to spend, although not sure if that was factoring in expected  funds from Sess transfer ?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 31, 2019, 07:56:58 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 31, 2019, 07:40:33 AM

FFP

People with a far greater knowledge of FFP than I have reckon we've got money to spend, although not sure if that was factoring in expected  funds from Sess transfer ?

TK has always spent the maximium allowed by FFP, i'm sure he will this year too.

MikeW

I remember watching Hector as a teenager on loan at Cheltenham.  He was head and shoulders above everyone else on the field even then so I guess is is pretty good and physically robust now,  Go for him TK!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Arthur

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 31, 2019, 07:49:12 AM
Yes its madness,but I'd rather we spent 20 mill on a towering centre back like him than throw away over 50 mill on two useless midfielders from France.

Put like that, who wouldn't?

But that was then and this is now.

Roberty

Another person who has no football experience and doesn't know what he's talking about !

"If you asked any manager in the Championship which squad he'd like, it'd certainly be our one." - Galey 💬 #WednesdayWisdom

Woops - didn't Tony Gale play 277 matches for us - maybe we all need some of what he's taking
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

jayffc

I think in regards to FFP  ultimately we have a set space to move within so the quality/amount we are able to spend on the next batch of players is to be split between what's left. What's left is massively effected by sales. It may well be that were waiting to know on Sess before going for Plan A, B or C etc. As we could spend say 5million on a RB/CB target now thinking we need to spread the budget around 4/5 positions... only to find out if wed waited till sess went we could have afforded a £12 million pound player instead. (These are just example figures)

Tony also mentioned there have been times where previously we could have spent out early on Man utds Pereira, and he was getting stick for not doing that...but then because we held out till later, for the same money, he was able to bring in Piazon and one more ( I think it was stefjo but may be wrong) ... ultimately both contributed to our promotion massively.

Another one he mentioned was that we opted early for Bryan because Southampton wanted an extortion for Targett...only to turn around on the last day of the window and then offer him out for half as much.

Its not straight forward basically, there are lots of gambles made by every team, lots of cat and mouse games and there are tons of factors at play, in and out of our control and in this instance one of the major ones has been Sess. Will he stay, will he go, what fee will we get, Tony said as much in that podcast. Its a major factor.

(P.s statto this was my reference to ffp mentioned in another thread thought I'd just reply here in one go)

Statto

Quote from: jayffc on July 31, 2019, 10:31:22 AM
Tony also mentioned there have been times where previously we could have spent out early on Man utds Pereira, and he was getting stick for not doing that...but then because we held out till later, for the same money, he was able to bring in Piazon and one more ( I think it was stefjo but may be wrong) ... ultimately both contributed to our promotion massively.

Hmmm, that doesn't make any sense at all. That was the window we blew £12m on Jozabed, Sigurdsson and Kebano in the last couple of weeks of the window, signings which at worst demonstrated terrible judgment, or if you're being generous, players who may have been talented but weren't given time to adjust to English football due to the late timing of their transfers.

We also signed Chris Martin on a last-minute loan after other striker deals fell through.

We were poor until November and ultimately didn't get promoted.

I'm not sure there's ever been a better impression in the history of football of a headless chicken with a beak full of money, cluelessly scrambling to sign some more players before the window shuts.   

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Statto on July 31, 2019, 11:25:21 AM
Quote from: jayffc on July 31, 2019, 10:31:22 AM

Hmmm, that doesn't make any sense at all. That was the window we blew £12m on Jozabed, Sigurdsson and Kebano in the last couple of weeks of the window, signings which at worst demonstrated terrible judgment, or if you're being generous, players who may have been talented but weren't given time to adjust to English football due to the late timing of their transfers.

We also signed Chris Martin on a last-minute loan after other striker deals fell through.

We were poor until November and ultimately didn't get promoted.

I'm not sure there's ever been a better impression in the history of football of a headless chicken with a beak full of money, cluelessly scrambling to sign some more players before the window shuts.   

The last paragraph should be framed and hung up in his office.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.