more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: LVBPT on July 31, 2019, 03:02:33 PM
so the same mate that told me when i broke Knockart on here has told me that Brede has recommended Kristoffer Ajer to us from Celtic...

Didn't Brede recommend a donkey to us in January?😋

Statto

Quote from: ealex40 on July 31, 2019, 03:18:16 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 31, 2019, 11:25:21 AM
Quote from: jayffc on July 31, 2019, 10:31:22 AM
Tony also mentioned there have been times where previously we could have spent out early on Man utds Pereira, and he was getting stick for not doing that...but then because we held out till later, for the same money, he was able to bring in Piazon and one more ( I think it was stefjo but may be wrong) ... ultimately both contributed to our promotion massively.

Hmmm, that doesn't make any sense at all. That was the window we blew £12m on Jozabed, Sigurdsson and Kebano in the last couple of weeks of the window, signings which at worst demonstrated terrible judgment, or if you're being generous, players who may have been talented but weren't given time to adjust to English football due to the late timing of their transfers.

We also signed Chris Martin on a last-minute loan after other striker deals fell through.

We were poor until November and ultimately didn't get promoted.

I'm not sure there's ever been a better impression in the history of football of a headless chicken with a beak full of money, cluelessly scrambling to sign some more players before the window shuts.

I seem to remember that we sold Jozabed for 5 million pounds and made a profit over what he cost.

Fees are undisclosed so who knows.

According to transfermarkt we bought him for £3.6m and sold him for £3.15m so lost £450k plus his wages for a year (£1.5m?)

Not terrible I suppose but the point is, it doesn't seem to make sense to refuse to pay an expensive loan fee for Pereira (surely not more than £2m?) early in the window when we were throwing £12m around later on some absolutely shocking signings

Hoppus

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 31, 2019, 03:44:24 PM
so the same mate that told me when i broke Knockart on here has told me that Brede has recommended Kristoffer Ajer to us from Celtic...

Didn't Brede recommend a donkey to us in January?😋

No. He was not involved.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on July 31, 2019, 03:56:10 PM
Tony also mentioned there have been times where previously we could have spent out early on Man utds Pereira, and he was getting stick for not doing that...but then because we held out till later, for the same money, he was able to bring in Piazon and one more ( I think it was stefjo but may be wrong) ... ultimately both contributed to our promotion massively.

Hmmm, that doesn't make any sense at all. That was the window we blew £12m on Jozabed, Sigurdsson and Kebano in the last couple of weeks of the window, signings which at worst demonstrated terrible judgment, or if you're being generous, players who may have been talented but weren't given time to adjust to English football due to the late timing of their transfers.

We also signed Chris Martin on a last-minute loan after other striker deals fell through.

I'm not sure there's ever been a better impression in the history of football of a headless chicken with a beak full of money, cluelessly scrambling to sign some more players before the window shuts.

I seem to remember that we sold Jozabed for 5 million pounds and made a profit over what he cost.

According to transfermarkt we bought him for £3.6m and sold him for £3.15m so lost £450k plus his wages for a year (£1.5m?)

Not terrible I suppose but the point is, it doesn't seem to make sense to refuse to pay an expensive loan fee for Pereira (surely not more than £2m?) early in the window when we were throwing £12m around later on some absolutely shocking signings

We both know that 12m came from selling McCormack in early August and that funded Jozabed, Sigurdsson, Kebano and Johansen in the later part of the window. It's not like we had it in the bank in June.

f321ffc

Do we know if he wants to drop down to championship? Not to be too harsh on Scottish football but he is getting CL football etc.
[/quote]
I know they have champions league, for a short time anyway but the championship a step down from Scottish football? You're having a laugh😂
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Statto

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 31, 2019, 04:05:35 PM

We both know that 12m came from selling McCormack in early August and that funded Jozabed, Sigurdsson, Kebano and Johansen in the later part of the window. It's not like we had it in the bank in June.

We knew there was big interest in McCormack in May, probably earlier
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-news-digest-reported-11399896

Tabby

Quote from: f321ffc on July 31, 2019, 04:12:25 PM

I know they have champions league, for a short time anyway but the championship a step down from Scottish football? You're having a laugh😂

Moussa Dembele saw it as a step up. What we think isn't really relevant to what a footballer would think. Malcolm (who we were trying to sign last year) is currently moving to Zenit St Petersburg rather than Everton as they have Champion's League football.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on July 31, 2019, 04:16:48 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 31, 2019, 04:05:35 PM

We knew there was big interest in McCormack in May, probably earlier
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-news-digest-reported-11399896

Jokanovic was talking about building the team around him in May as well. You can't think it's a coincidence that we happened to spend the exact amount we got for McCormack after we sold him. 

FFC1987

Quote from: Tabby on July 31, 2019, 04:18:50 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on July 31, 2019, 04:12:25 PM

Moussa Dembele saw it as a step up. What we think isn't really relevant to what a footballer would think. Malcolm (who we were trying to sign last year) is currently moving to Zenit St Petersburg rather than Everton as they have Champion's League football.

Cheers, I thought my comment made it clear I thought the Scottish league was a step down but CL is enticing. Also, some just want trophies and success on their CV plus CL experience so Celtic are an obvious stepping stone.

f321ffc

Breed Hangerland has just denied this on Twitter.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 31, 2019, 03:26:37 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on July 31, 2019, 03:22:25 PM

Ajer would be great! Tall and strong (197 cm). He played and scored in their first CL game this season.
He is a regular in the Norwegian national team.

He remind me of Brede!

Do you know if the Kahns want him?

Do we know if he wants to drop down to championship? Not to be too harsh on Scottish football but he is getting CL football etc.

Hangeland has just said on twitter that its not true

f321ffc

Quote from: f321ffc on July 31, 2019, 04:28:32 PM
Det stemmer ikke. Translation it's not true.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

sunburywhite

Quote from: f321ffc on July 31, 2019, 04:28:32 PM

So does that mean Hangerland reads these pages?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Roberty

Can anyone remember the last page that contained genuine transfer gossip?

I would bet there are more column inches on this thread slagging off TK that actual transfer rumours
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

70sPimlico

Quote from: colinwhite on July 31, 2019, 02:05:14 PM
Agreed. Venting frustration at TK at every turn is very tedious !
After the 25000th post saying the same thing, it gets a bit mindnumbing.

FFC1987

After his tweet, we can discredit that ITK agent then can't we.

Statto

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 31, 2019, 04:27:08 PM
Jokanovic was talking about building the team around him in May as well. You can't think it's a coincidence that we happened to spend the exact amount we got for McCormack after we sold him. 

So what are you suggesting the chronology might have been?
Aston Villa et al offer £10m for McCormack in May and we say no.
We enquire about Pereira in June but can't afford the £2m loan fee.
Then Villa increase their offer to £12m in August so we accept it.
Suddenly we have £12m and spunk it on Jozabed, Kebano and Sigurdsson in the last week of the window.

Sorry but if so, that just sounds like, as usual, we suffered because no one at FFC attached any time-sensitivity to transfers.
Haggling over an extra couple of million for McCormack or a million less for Pereira, where did it get us?
A bunch of overpriced foreigners brought in too late to adapt to English football, and an embarrassing 11th hour loan deal for Chris Martin.

We would have been better off accepting a lower offer for McCormack and getting all the business (outward and inward) done in June/July.

jelmo

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 31, 2019, 04:40:01 PM

Can you post the tweet?

LVBPTS

yup if you like - not going to bite
Supporter since 2000

FFC1987

Quote from: LVBPT on July 31, 2019, 05:02:27 PM

yup if you like - not going to bite

Only kidding  :003: as always, appreciate passing on what you heard. Slow work day