watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Told you all Levy will get Sess for buttons.
Probably about £10m.

We are a joke club to all.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Tabby

So, do either Skatz or Statto have any source on that we're giving away Sess for free, or is it just general doom mongering?

Statto

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 05, 2019, 07:53:03 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 05, 2019, 05:16:09 PM
Quote from: Riversider on August 05, 2019, 05:01:53 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 05, 2019, 04:39:22 PM
They turned down 6 mill in Jan from Villa.

The only offers this summer have been for £3 million,  and the player wants to go, hence my £3.5

Whilst on the subject of tips, whoever gets Ryan Kent has made one of the signings of the summer, great player and a great age, Liverpool rumoured to be wanting £7 million which is a steal, Leeds name has been mentioned,  bad news for Fulham if they get him.

We can't afford either player until we get the money for Sessegnon.
As it stands, Spurs are offering £13m sor Sess but they'll probably go up to £13.2m if we wait another week.
It would be stupid not to wait considering we stand to gain a whopping £200k extra. 
Of course at that point, our rivals will have already signed McKenna and Kent, but we can buy Chema from Spain for £8m instead.
He's injured but will be fit in December and has *fantastic* stats.

Fulham approach to transfer business in a nutshell.

If that's all their offering we should keep him. If he leaves on a free we'll get compensation and should be a good fee.

But if some on here are to be believed, keeping Sessegnon will mean no more signings this window

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Skatzoffc on August 05, 2019, 08:18:10 PM
Probably about £10m.

We would get circa 10 million via tribunal in a year if we kept him this year. Today's reports seem to range between 20 and 30 mil with Onomah chucked in.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Skatzoffc on August 05, 2019, 08:18:10 PM
Probably about £10m.

That is just fiction.

Facts Not Fiction

The only offers this summer have been for £3 million,  and the player wants to go, hence my £3.5

Whilst on the subject of tips, whoever gets Ryan Kent has made one of the signings of the summer, great player and a great age, Liverpool rumoured to be wanting £7 million which is a steal, Leeds name has been mentioned,  bad news for Fulham if they get him.

As it stands, Spurs are offering £13m sor Sess but they'll probably go up to £13.2m if we wait another week.
It would be stupid not to wait considering we stand to gain a whopping £200k extra. 
Of course at that point, our rivals will have already signed McKenna and Kent, but we can buy Chema from Spain for £8m instead.

Been reported absolutely nowhere that fee.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 05, 2019, 08:40:16 PM

Exactly

JoelH5

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on August 05, 2019, 08:50:27 PM

Exactly

I hate it when people try and say things with conviction to make it a fact.

On another note. Shame Arter wasnt announced today. It would be good to have him start on Saturday.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Statto

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 05, 2019, 09:09:43 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on August 05, 2019, 08:50:27 PM

Exactly

I hate it when people try and say things with conviction to make it a fact.

Just a few CFRs:

1. I didn't intend to assert that Spurs have offered £13m for Sessegnon, or for that matter that we're in for Chema, that he'll cost £8m, that our rivals will sign McKenna or Kent, or that either of those players are any good anyway. I was just using a hypothetical fact pattern (plus a bit of hyperbole and sarcasm) to make the point that if it's true that we can't/won't buy a CB until the Sessegnon sale completes, that probably means we're letting a protracted haggle over a relatively small amount of money (again, I should clarify that I don't know the exact amount is indeed £200k) delay up the CB signing. Apologies if that wasn't clear.

2. FWIW something being "reported" doesn't make it true anyway.

3. Even if it is true, as reported, that Spurs are paying £20m or £30m for Sessegnon, it doesn't mean that sum is payable immediately or unconditionally. Since most of Sessegnon's value is derived from his potential, rather than current ability, it seems highly likely to me that a large component of his fee will be payable in the relatively distant future if/when he achieves certain career milestones.

MrFFC

If we reached Thursday & our business was

In

Harry Arter
Josh Onomah
Cameron Carter-Vickers

Out

Ryan Sessegnon
Fabri

Would fans look at that as a success?
Come on you Whites!! :)

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 05, 2019, 05:17:40 PM
I still want Tuanzebe on loan with an option to buy if promoted.

He's not getting minutes at United outside of the odd Caraboa Cup.

Maguire
Lindeloff
Smalling
Jones

All four on good/new deals.

United may prefer loaning him out to an EPL squad (Newcastle), but if I were TK I'd be on the phone yesterday inquiring about bring him to London.

He can play both CB and RB.

Would be cool to bring Smalling back to the club. Not possible, I guess, but would be cool.

Riversider

Quote from: MrFFC on August 06, 2019, 12:02:49 AM

In

Harry Arter
Josh Onomah
Cameron Carter-Vickers

Out

Ryan Sessegnon
Fabri

No, because it would still mean Christie at right back.

St Eve

In

Harry Arter
Josh Onomah
Cameron Carter-Vickers

Out

Ryan Sessegnon
Fabri

No. not even close

wheelerdeeler

In

Harry Arter
Josh Onomah
Cameron Carter-Vickers

Out

Ryan Sessegnon
Fabri

No. Arter will be good competition for Johansen, but Onomah is at best back-up for Cairney (when we already have O'Riley unless we've given up on him and his agent and I personally see Fonte as a #10) and Carter-Vickers is pretty inconsistent (which isn't an indictment on him as he's only 21) so I'm not sure he'd even be an upgrade for us. Haven't replaced McDonald who was probably the worst player on the pitch on Saturday. Needs to be some clarity over Steven Sessegnon and whether or not he's going to have a significant role this season before I ask for a Right-Back.

Based on the links I'd hope we end up with;
Michael Hector for Centre-Back
Harry Arter for the Johansen competition/replacement

I'd be looking abroad for the McDonald replacement and potential Right-Back signing. My personal choices would be Falaye Sacko for Right-Back (if we want one) and Uros Racic for defensive-mid. Can't see them costing anything more than 6-7m combined and at 24 and 21 respectively they'd offer us some long-term value and have room to grow and increase in value. Everything is looking very short-term at the moment, and we looked like an old team on Saturday.

Twig

In

Harry Arter
Josh Onomah
Cameron Carter-Vickers

Out

Ryan Sessegnon
Fabri

No. Wrong choice of personnel in some wrong positions.  Our transfer business needs to be planned around a defined footballing strategy and suited specifically to where we need to strengthen.  Our failure to take such a planned approach is a lot of what has gone wrong.

Mince n Tatties

Daniel Schwaab agent in talks.
Never heard of him,think radio has made it up...lol

Roberty

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 06, 2019, 06:13:32 AM
Daniel Schwaab leaves PSV at the end of the season
ARTICLE
date: 14-05-2019 16:30
Daniel Schwaab leaves PSV at the end of the season
30-year-old Daniel Schwaab has decided not to renew his contract with PSV as it expires next month. The experienced German centre back has chosen for his family and will return to his native country this summer.

Three seasons, one Eredivisie title
Schwaab will wear a red-and white striped PSV shirt for the last time on Wednesday evening. when PSV play host to Heracles Almelo The German defender joined PSV three seasons ago and soon established himself as a first-team regular in the Philips Stadion. He made over 100 appearances for PSV and won the league title for the first time in his career at the end of the 2017/18 season.

PSV respect choice
"PSV can confirm they respect Daniel Schwaab's choice not to renew his contract. He has chosen to be with his family", said PSV head coach Mark Van Bommel. "Daniel has always been a reliable defender and a good team player. We would have liked to offer him a contract extension but when a player chooses for his family, we should not try and persuade him to stay."
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Hoppus

Source? Would be great if we got him.

@jolslover

Should be noted when signing a free agent now it's likely they would be unfit so wouldn't make an immediate impact
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Hoppus on August 06, 2019, 07:39:38 AM

Source? Would be great if we got him.

Guess.....Talkshi** so I suppose its doodle.
Just looked him up,would be good signing I think.