more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: snarks on August 06, 2019, 11:24:22 AM
Clearly Fonte is rated so badly by you, you've named him twice!!

LOL, yes I think he is a complete waste of space, must have been subconscious. I've edited it.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 06, 2019, 11:20:13 AM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on August 06, 2019, 11:18:13 AM
Quote from: bencher on August 06, 2019, 10:42:32 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 06, 2019, 10:35:23 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 06, 2019, 09:38:58 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 06, 2019, 09:30:33 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 06, 2019, 09:13:25 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 06, 2019, 08:55:40 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 06, 2019, 07:48:39 AM
Should be noted when signing a free agent now it's likely they would be unfit so wouldn't make an immediate impact

Unfit and no impact, like the majority of the owner sons signings.

False yet again.

I wish I could agree with you, but if I did we would both be wrong.

Shall we list out every TK transfer, and see who was a success and a failure?

Let's us save time and list the ones who were a success. As the failures would take far too long, and many of them are forgotten as they either never ended up playing a game, or very little, as they were shocking signings who we either cannot move on, or were let go, so I don't know which was worse, the financial costs of these failures or the cost on the field of play. His record is atrocious, and unforgivable in the cold light of day.

Some people on this site really do exaggerate. His record is atrocious? So bad that we got promoted in our last Championship season, and reached the playoffs the year before. Here are some (not all) successful transfers, others may yet prove successful (e.g. Bryan, Mawson):

Scott Malone
Sone Aluko
Tomas Kalas
Stefan Johansen
Kevin McDonald
Floyd Ayite
Lucas Piazon
Matt Targett
Aleksander Mitrovic
Calum Chambers

Too early to judge Cavaleiro or Knockaert of course.

I don't have the time to look up all the dates so please forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't Malone, Aluko, Johansen, McDonald and Ayite signed before TK was appointed DoF?  I think they were Rigg's signings? Plus Mitro was obviously happening because of Jokanovic.

Then there's of course the others from the previous 2 seasons:

Djalo
Cisse
Fonte
Soares
Graham
Seri
Fabri
Anguissa
Markovic
Schurrle
Fosu-Mensah
Vietto
Nordtveit
Fonte

All of these were either complete failures or not worth anywhere near what we paid for them IMO.

To be fair there were some decent signings for 2017/18 but most of them were loans. TKs big money signings have all been massive disappointments IMO.

The myth that Mitrovic was all about Slav has been debunked so many times now.....he stated it again on his recent podcast so even me, whose critical of TK give him Mitrovic as a success.

Which podcast are you referring to?

colinwhite

Why are people still having this debate ? Done,dusted and boring .  Odoi was signed byT  Khan at least get your facts right !!

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: colinwhite on August 06, 2019, 11:43:00 AM
Why are people still having this debate ? Done,dusted and boring .  Odoi was signed byT  Khan at least get your facts right !!

Odoi was signed 14 July 2016
TK was appointed DoF on 23 February 2017

MJG

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on August 06, 2019, 11:53:31 AM

Offically, but was running the transfer side of things at the time.
Just the views of a long term fan

Fulham Tup North

That's all very lovely, but are there any transfer rumours to talk about rather than bitching at each other about who signed who! It's getting tedious and quite frankly boring now.
I will be glad when the damn window is shut. 🤪🙏🙏
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

DevonFFC

Carl jenkinson going Forest, RB we could have done with

St. Andrews White

Quote from: DevonFFC on August 06, 2019, 12:04:03 PM

He's done very little over the last few years, and despite that will be on decent wages I expect.
Could prove me wrong but don't see him as much of an upgrade on Christie truthfully
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

FFC1987

Quote from: St. Andrews White on August 06, 2019, 12:11:36 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on August 06, 2019, 12:04:03 PM

He's done very little over the last few years, and despite that will be on decent wages I expect.
Could prove me wrong but don't see him as much of an upgrade on Christie truthfully

Tough one. I have a feeling he could end up like Evertons Luke Garbett. Primed to be the next big thing and just struggle to find his feet. Maybe I'm wrong.

snarks

Quote from: gang on August 06, 2019, 12:11:31 PM

Not up to the English game, unbelievably Jol lied to him to get him to sign, he told him that Fulham would be playing in the Champions League; if only he had told him the truth we wouldn't be lumbered with him.

Thought that was Ruiz, jol wasn't involved with FFC by Fonte's signing

grandad

This Topic page is getting pathetic. If the posters who insist in trading handbags want to carry on I suggest they open a handbag topic all to themselves.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

Quote from: grandad on August 06, 2019, 01:06:54 PM
This Topic page is getting pathetic. If the posters who insist in trading handbags want to carry on I suggest they open a handbag topic all to themselves.
If you create it, they will come...

twang

St. Andrews White

Quote from: twang on August 06, 2019, 01:15:31 PM
Anguissa's purchase option is apparently €25m.
Seri's has previously been stated as €18m.

https://www.elperiodicomediterraneo.com/noticias/deportes/zambo-anguissa-quiero-adaptarme-mas-rapido-posible_1237493.html

If the pound keeps falling, we may even make a profit in that case haha!
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Statto

Quote from: MJG on August 06, 2019, 11:57:22 AM

Agreed, I treat every signing from summer 2016 onwards as TK's, except Mitrovic obviously

Also we were in for McDonald the summer before under Rigg so that one is questionable

MJG

Quote from: Statto on August 06, 2019, 01:52:04 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 06, 2019, 11:57:22 AM

Agreed, I treat every signing from summer 2016 onwards as TK's, except Mitrovic obviously

Also we were in for McDonald the summer before under Rigg so that one is questionable
On Mitro he was a target in jan 17 so I dont think you can pick and choose like that...although I know you will.
Just the views of a long term fan

twang

Fulham just tweeted some training pictures and one player (with his back to the camera) looks suspiciously like Harry Arter. The post is now deleted.

gang

Quote from: snarks on August 06, 2019, 12:44:30 PM
Quote from: gang on August 06, 2019, 12:11:31 PM

Not up to the English game, unbelievably Jol lied to him to get him to sign, he told him that Fulham would be playing in the Champions League; if only he had told him the truth we wouldn't be lumbered with him.

Thought that was Ruiz, jol wasn't involved with FFC by Fonte's signing
[/

Yes you're right, my mistake.

JoelH5

Quote from: twang on August 06, 2019, 02:08:21 PM
Fulham just tweeted some training pictures and one player (with his back to the camera) looks suspiciously like Harry Arter. The post is now deleted.

That's him. I'm almost certain
I was there, standing in the Putney end