watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Is the window over then, does tony come out and say something like Sarah used to

jayffc

I wouldn't go as far as to say a backup striker was a luxury, we seriously lacked someone who can play through the middle with a little more speed than Mitro does for days when it's not working for him. Means Fonte is nowhere near the team which is a good thing.

It's so odd... We've made some fantastic signings on paper. Bobby Reid, Knockhaert, Cav....top top signings. Reed has good reports in the DM role from Blackburn...Odomah, we'll see, mixed feelings, if he makes good on his potential and stays injury free then could be a useful addition in a squad rotation.

But then F all in defence? So now we're really ,massively, hoping for Sess or Fossey to come good, one of which has had a serious injury for some time. The other with next to no experience at this level. But a chance to step out from his brothers wake and step up. But that's a big risk. Then to not get a commanding CB in is frankly criminal considering how poor we've been at the back. We needed a leader back there. Mawson better stay fit and our Midfield better be a hell of a lot more combative (it should be now with Artur and Reed) in order to shield our defence.

Well.....Let's see how this one plays out

Tabby

Incredibly lopsided window. If we had gotten in Hector I'd be happy, but as is the defense is incredibly thin. Ahead of defense the team is stacked though.

Have to pray that Mawson is past all his injury troubles.

Andyb

Heard reed plays rb sometimes

Mince n Tatties

We're playing 1-7-3 system.
No defence and 7 in midfield stopping them
getting through.😵

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 08, 2019, 08:39:34 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 08, 2019, 08:38:13 PM
Quote from: BernieBoy on August 08, 2019, 08:35:21 PM
Literally had one key area to strengthen this summer and couldn't sign one player. Very disappointed! Even with FFP looming, we've still signed 5 other players, surely one space could have been reserved for a centre back!

Bobby Reid is a luxury signing!

They were waiting for Hector.    Six signings, all of whom will probably be starters...plus Hector coming in January.

imo this was a good window.

How do you figure that they will all be starters?
Sorry...not Bobby or Josh.

Harry and Harrison in the midfield with Cairney though...with Anthony and Ivan on the outside.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

junior white

I there a loan window? If so can we loan hector if not why not

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: junior white on August 08, 2019, 08:54:16 PM

Nope, and we've used our quota anyway

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 08, 2019, 08:46:43 PM
We're playing 1-7-3 system.
No defence and 7 in midfield stopping them
getting through.😵

Wow!
This is unheard of & it will take our rivals until January to work our how to play us by which time we can sign Hector, Achilles et al

OMalleyCat

Graeme Bailey

Michael Hector deal to Fulham collapsed last minute - whilst he was at training ground.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: DevonFFC on August 08, 2019, 08:23:05 PM
Sounds like #CFC defender Michael Hector will be joining #FFC in January. Would have signed today but told #THFC only accepted demands & released funds for Ryan Sessegnon at 3.30pm, leaving precious little time to get the deal over the line. FFP was an issue without £

Not doubting...but is there a link for this?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: OMalleyCat on August 08, 2019, 09:19:03 PM
Graeme Bailey

Michael Hector deal to Fulham collapsed last minute - whilst he was at training ground.

Wait...then NO Sessegnon deal then, right?

junior white

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 08, 2019, 08:56:24 PM
Quote from: junior white on August 08, 2019, 08:54:16 PM

Nope, and we've used our quota anyway
We had 6 the year we went up, Ojo never got picked after we signed Targett and Mitro

Didn't think there was a loan window these days after the full transfer window closed, but wasn't sure

OMalleyCat

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 08, 2019, 09:21:11 PM
Graeme Bailey

I'd say the deal was ready but hinged on the sess money coming through?

JoelH5

Quote from: OMalleyCat on August 08, 2019, 09:25:13 PM
Graeme Bailey

I cant see how that makes sense. If the deal was agreed, we could spend the money knowing it was coming. Not like SK doesnt have the capital.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

junior white

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 08, 2019, 09:29:16 PM
Quote from: OMalleyCat on August 08, 2019, 09:25:13 PM
Graeme Bailey

I cant see how that makes sense. If the deal was agreed, we could spend the money knowing it was coming. Not like SK doesnt have the capital.
Do t hunk he can just pump the cash in then take it back under FFP. Has to be rules around that, as stupid as FFP is

LVBPTS

SESSEGNON DELAY DENIED HECTOR MOVE

Reporter Dharmesh Sheth has been speaking on Sky Sports News about how Chelsea defender Michael Hector missed out on a move to Fulham because Tottenham's move for Ryan Sessegnon went too late in the day.

"Financial Fair Play restrictions meant signing Hector would have required Fulham to have sold Sessegnon, but there was a period in the afternoon where there was a stalemate in discussions with Fulham and Tottenham and at one point it looked like the deal might not go through.

"Tony Khan, the Fulham vice chairman, was even willing to let Sessegnon see out the rest of his contract and lose him for free next summer.

"Hector was wanted but that required Spurs' deal to be concluded so the funds would be received. We were told this deal didn't get finalised until after 3.30pm on Deadline Day, forcing the deal with Chelsea for Hector to be delayed, so Hector missed out on a move to Fulham.

"We understand that Hector might still join Fulham, but they will have to wait until January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Supporter since 2000

BernieBoy

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 08, 2019, 09:20:08 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on August 08, 2019, 08:23:05 PM
Sounds like #CFC defender Michael Hector will be joining #FFC in January. Would have signed today but told #THFC only accepted demands & released funds for Ryan Sessegnon at 3.30pm, leaving precious little time to get the deal over the line. FFP was an issue without £

Not doubting...but is there a link for this?

Just heard them say it on Sky Sports News. Levy is such a cock!!

David I

With one and a half hours to hit the transfer funds button it just doesn't make sense. Clear balls up by the finance team

Mince n Tatties

Still don't get it,money released 3-30
How long does it take to go from us to Chelsea.
Papers in and we then had till 7pm.
Think its bulls***....IMO.