more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 08, 2019, 10:58:45 PM
I'm sorry but... what? Lol You've spent an hour discussing the complexities of buying a house on a football forum.

No, we've spent a few minutes within an hour to discuss the complexities (or lack thereof) of getting a football transfer over the line (with the house buying as sort of a point of reference).

grandad

I say bring back the Handbags topic. Sorely missed.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

Whoever said 'no signing Hector will give moaners something to moan about' blimey, you'd of thought we had at least a par defence last season.....I can't believe people will try and spin not addressing the no.1/2 position for a third window in a row as something to be a bit critical about. For those who say 'we did identify it and were unlucky not to get Hector', thats not how this game works. You plan alternatives and if money was a sticking point, you get the loan alternative in and have another signing in a less valuable position ready for a last minute cash deal, where, if iy fell through, we wouldn't be utterly exposed again. Sorry for rant, but blimey, some people will just hunker down with this bs.

VamosFFC

Not sure how concrete this is, but it looks like Hector will be joining us in January

Arthur

Quote from: VamosFFC on August 08, 2019, 11:33:39 PM
Not sure how concrete this is, but it looks like Hector will be joining us in January

A lot can happen between now and January. For instance, what if Wednesday are still in for him and are better placed in the league?

Statto

If the Hector issue was purely cash, why didn't we loan him with an option to buy that we could exercise in January. If Chelsea didn't want him loaned out all season, they could have also had a recall clause such that if we don't exercise the option to buy on January 1st, they can recall him and sell him to another club.

I can only think of two explanations: either (1) the Simon Peach story is BS, or (2) I am cleverer than TK and AM and they didn't have this idea.

I think (1) and (2) are equally plausible.

b+w geezer

Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2019, 12:29:52 AM
If the Hector issue was purely cash, why didn't we loan him with an option to buy that we could exercise in January.
The FFP position for this season is assessed after the Jan window has closed, so your suggestion would make no difference one way or the other.
Given that fact, plus the inconceivability that we had a cashflow problem, explanation has to lie elsewhere.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Arthur on August 09, 2019, 12:20:34 AM
Quote from: VamosFFC on August 08, 2019, 11:33:39 PM

A lot can happen between now and January. For instance, what if Wednesday are still in for him and are better placed in the league?

And, thanks to Ryan Sessegnons late transfer we may find that Steven Sessegnon establishes himself ahead of Odoi and after 20 games maybe even proves better than Michael Hector.

Steven Sessegnon was the real winner from Ryan Sessegnons transfer not happening to deadline day, because late negotiations Michael Hector and Florent Hadergjonaj fell through (it seems at least the Hector offer was in the ball park that Chelsea would consider). At least David Levy paid near market value, good on Ryan for helping his brother, one day we might thank him too, S.Sess maybe what we need.

Statto

Quote from: b+w geezer on August 09, 2019, 12:45:02 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2019, 12:29:52 AM
If the Hector issue was purely cash, why didn't we loan him with an option to buy that we could exercise in January.
The FFP position for this season is assessed after the Jan window has closed, so your suggestion would make no difference one way or the other.

I know, that was my point.
When I say "cash" problem, I mean FFP problem, ie we didn't know whether we would have the Sessegnon funds to spend.
So we could have done the Hector deal as a loan at 10am yesterday morning before we completed the Sessegnon sale, then bought Hector in January, once we had the Sessegnon money in our budget.

Danitar

Does anyone know if we got a sell on for sess or was onomah the 'sell on', if anyone knows that would be good to know?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Danitar on August 09, 2019, 08:18:06 AM
Does anyone know if we got a sell on for sess or was onomah the 'sell on', if anyone knows that would be good to know?

I read Fulham can get an extra £5m in bonuses (e.g. play 20 games, represent England, sell on and/or win Ballon D'Or etc).

bobby01

Tbh I accept we had to wait for sess money, but surely to god hector  could have been told we are waiting for money to sign you, there is a remote chance we won't get it. But if you have your medical and agree terms as soon as sess goes we can push this through. 3:30 till 5:00, or an extra period of time. Why could that not have been done, or were they so tied up in the reed/Reid deals they gave it little thought.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Danitar

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 09, 2019, 08:39:22 AM
Quote from: Danitar on August 09, 2019, 08:18:06 AM

I read Fulham can get an extra £5m in bonuses (e.g. play 20 games, represent England, sell on and/or win Ballon D'Or etc).

Sounds like a fixed sell on of £5mill then

sarnian

Quote from: bobby01 on August 09, 2019, 09:35:20 AM
Tbh I accept we had to wait for sess money, but surely to god hector  could have been told we are waiting for money to sign you, there is a remote chance we won't get it. But if you have your medical and agree terms as soon as sess goes we can push this through. 3:30 till 5:00, or an extra period of time. Why could that not have been done, or were they so tied up in the reed/Reid deals they gave it little thought.

What has happened to Chelsea in the above. They have to be satisfied that the cash is available before they sanction the deal. There are Hector, Chelsea, Fulham and agents who all have to be satisfied before a deal can be completed. Could be many reason that the paperwork was not completed.

spikey norman

We may still be able to strengthen the defence by signing players out of contract/released.
Are there any decent ones out there though?
Is Danny Simpson still available?

rvFFC

Quote from: spikey norman on August 09, 2019, 11:52:42 AM
We may still be able to strengthen the defence by signing players out of contract/released.
Are there any decent ones out there though?
These are meant to be the defenders without a club at the moment
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Abwehr&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Roberty

Quote from: sarnian on August 09, 2019, 11:26:11 AM
Quote from: bobby01 on August 09, 2019, 09:35:20 AM

What has happened to Chelsea in the above. They have to be satisfied that the cash is available before they sanction the deal. There are Hector, Chelsea, Fulham and agents who all have to be satisfied before a deal can be completed. Could be many reason that the paperwork was not completed.

I would be sure it has nothing to do with the actual cash - since they could quite easily nail a writ of control to the mast of SK's yacht if he didn't pay up

The point to the whole thing is that if Levy found out that TK was in FFP trouble - he would certainly want to squeeze a better deal out of us
As it was TK was not under any FFP pressure at that point and was reportedly prepared go to the wire and accept the financial cost of letting Ryan's contract run down
This left Levy in a poor negotiating position and we appear to have got a better deal than many people expected
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Two Ton Ted

Ashley Williams, Danny Simpson and Martin Olsson are all free agents, and IMO would fir what we're looking for at the back. Williams especially.

Never ever bloody anything ever.

JoelH5

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on August 09, 2019, 12:27:01 PM
Ashley Williams, Danny Simpson and Martin Olsson are all free agents, and IMO would fir what we're looking for at the back. Williams especially.

Plus now if the Sess money rumour is true, it is now cleared.. So we could use it.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

twang

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on August 09, 2019, 12:27:01 PM

Daniel Schwaab, 30 year-old central defender who was a nailed-on starter at PSV last season as they won the Eredivisie, is also available.