more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Appoint Scott Parker

Started by valdeingruo, May 10, 2019, 02:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

Fulham Appoints Scott Parker As Head Coach

Shahid Khan, Chairman of Fulham Football Club, today promoted Scott Parker from Caretaker Manager to the full-time post of Head Coach, effective immediately.

"Scott was brave to accept a very difficult challenge in February when appointed as our Caretaker Manager," Khan said. "Since that time, day by day, whether in training or on matchday, we've undeniably become a better football club.

"Scott will now have another challenge to face, and that is to return Fulham to the Premier League. I fully believe Scott is more than up to the task. I appreciate that he's been clear for many years that his ultimate goal is to excel as a manager, and he will be given every opportunity to succeed at Fulham. I also have no doubt that he knows and loves this Club every bit as much as our supporters, and that's an intangible that everyone can welcome."

Scott Parker added: "I'm delighted to be appointed Head Coach of Fulham Football Club and I thank the Chairman for entrusting me with this responsibility, as well as the support and encouragement that both he and Tony Khan have provided me.

"The players, staff and fans have all been fantastic with me since I took temporary charge. We are now all focused on ending this campaign with a positive result on Sunday against Newcastle and look forward to preparations for the new season, which have already begun."

Parker, 38, arrived at Fulham from Tottenham Hotspur in summer of 2013 as one of the Khans' first signings. In his first season with the Club, Parker made 32 appearances and scored two goals, including a strike from outside of the box, late in the game, to win at 2-1 Norwich City on Boxing Day.

The following season he was appointed Club Captain and would later help Fulham reach the Championship Play-Off Semi-Finals in 2016/17, departing that summer after having made 128 appearances for the Whites while notching six goals.

Parker then returned to Fulham as First Team Coach in the summer of 2018 before being installed as Caretaker Manager following Claudio Ranieri's departure on February 28th. Under Parker's guidance, Fulham narrowly lost to Chelsea and Liverpool before producing our only three-match winning streak of the season, recording clean sheets in all three games.

Parker earned 18 caps for England, for whom he played all four of the Three Lions' matches at Euro 2012, while also serving as captain earlier the same year versus the Netherlands at Wembley Stadium. Parker was voted Player of the Year in 2011 by the Football Writers' Association and, overall, has made 590 career appearances for club and country, pocketing 36 goals.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/10/scott-parker-fulham-head-coach
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

colinwhite

good luck to him. he deserves the job although not sure he would have been my choice.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: colinwhite on May 10, 2019, 02:04:06 PM
good luck to him. he deserves the job although not sure he would have been my choice.

Who was your realistic choice?

Milo

I think on balance good appointment.

Naming Parker and Cairney extension shows we have stability and "good vibes" and gives the squad a good chance of staying together.

Conversely, if squad does largely break up I fear we would need a manager with a clear playing style to build a squad.

Holders

He's a young coach with PL experience. I'm happy, particularly as he seems to have  good team around him. He now has the opportunity to get to work with TK immediately.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bobby01

Good luck Scott, bit underwhelming really, but I hope for all of us it works out.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

davew

I wish him luck, hope he gets the necessary back up from the Khans in the Summer window?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Ians

I am very pleased that SP is now confirmed. He has brought the squad and fans together and. Mitro seemed a bit off key of late but the rest of the lads have really putting a shift in.  Now looking forward to next season. COYW  FTID.

..FOF..

His first job should be to fully fill up all those missing backroom staff posts.

bog

Good luck Scott.  :54: Will you be able to sack that T Khan?  :022:

092.gif

The Enclosurite

Still a bit of a gamble but I'm ok with it (I'm sure he'll be pleased to know that, lol)

As we all know, the deciding factor in success or failure probably doesn't even fall on Parker, it most likely falls on a certain Khan Snr. and his tick box transfer policy.
¡COYW!

Maidstone Lee

I'm happy for Scott that he gets the opportunity to manage at a club he's familiar with. He has earned this position by right.

I do however have mixed feelings about this because Tony Khan will probably still remain in his current role. Who knows if anything will change in terms of transfers??

Apologies if this comes across negative!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

ALG01

There never certainties about this but I think he has as good a chance as anyone. If it does not work out then so be it but I suspect I would have chosen him if I was in charge... I really think since taking over he has done everything in a top class manner..so well done and good luck and let us hope the board back him properly. If they do I think we may have a good chance of making progress (whatever that means)

jarv

Much rather see SP in than another dinosaur manager. (We all know the names on that list). No matter who comes in, it is always a gamble. They should be able to clear out the expensive flops and bring in the right players to challenge and play good football again. 049:gif

Frackleheath

Now let's get on with the rebuild job - sooner rather than later!! Sooner than we usually do, so the SP has a chance to get the team together BEFORE the season is upon us!!

toshes mate

Of course there is a risk, that is true about any appointment but, for me, Shahid Khan has made the most appropriate decision for the circumstances the Club has found itself in and I also like the style of his announcement.

I wish Scott every success in his role as Head Coach and would even go so far as to say next season will now be just what all FFC supporters would have wished and hoped for after the tortures endured this time around.

Take Me Home MAF

Not looking to argue - but can you give me reasoning why he deserves the job? Just curious

Twig

Very pleased for SP and I think he deserves this opportunity. I just pray he can exert some influence on TK to target the right transfers and on AM to do the deals earlier.

One small point; how can he have been Caretaker Manger but permanent Head Coach? Shouldn't he have been either Caretaker Head Coach or now be permanent Manager?

simplyfulham

Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on May 10, 2019, 02:44:16 PM

Not looking to argue - but can you give me reasoning why he deserves the job? Just curious

Best win percentage in the Premier League of any Fulham manager in the last 5 years.

Twig

Quote from: simplyfulham on May 10, 2019, 02:50:15 PM
Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on May 10, 2019, 02:44:16 PM

Best win percentage in the Premier League of any Fulham manager in the last 5 years.

And even some of the defeats were encouraging. We ran Chelscum very close indeed.