watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A very sad day indeed.

Started by Tomo, October 28, 2010, 12:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomo

Hello everyone as I've mentioned previously it was my uncle who took me to my first ever game back in our promotion season. Monday evening he went in to have his lung transplant. Having had to fight to lose the excess weight the steroids had put on and being fit as a fiddle his entire life he sadly passed away this evening after complications in surgery. He took me to my first game, bought me my first pint and has helped me become the person i am today. A true fulham legend. R.I.P Rockie Thompson 
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Lighthouse

Really feel for you tonight. It is a connection lost. But will always be with you because nobody else can fill the space he did. That after all is what we are, space fillers. So Il join you in wishing him a safe journey and his loved ones remembering the the good times. Sounds a brave bloke who made his mark.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I am very sorry to hear of your loss,  but I am sure he enjoyed taking you to your first game more than you did.  

my family had a wonderful person in our lives who died five years ago
Each year  since we have an 'Eileen Day' when we all get together and  chat about her.
For example she loved the Film,  Ben Hur so we went to the 02, had a meal and watched the Ben Hur show. She loved Man U, so another year we had a weekend in Manchester and did the tour.
You could have  a Rockie Day  that way you will keep his memory alive all the way into the future,  to your children.
RIP, Rockie  

GoldCoastWhite

Commiserations Tomo, sorry to hear of your loss but I'm sure Uncle Rockie will be with you in spirit, especially at The Cottage where you'll have to now sing up for two.

finnster01

Sad to hear about your loss Tomo. My father passed when I was young, but he took me to Wembley in 75.

I will always cherish that gorgeous day (except the result), and when he passed my mum found the programme in his drawer and he had scribbled on it "Crap game but I took the little one to it".

It is hanging framed on the wall in my bedroom.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

I am truly sorry for your loss, Tomo. Peace to you and your family, young sir.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Sorry to hear this Tomo. Hang in there buddy. My prayers are with you and your family.
Fulham for life!

White Noise

Very sorry to hear of your loss Tomo.

Rockie obviously left you with some great memories and sounds like he was the perfect Uncle.

People like him stay with you and I am sure he will continue to bring good things to your life.

Rest in peace Rockie.

sipwell

Sorry to hear of your loss. All the best to your family and yourself!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Very Sorry to here that Tommo
it's a very sad time when someone close passes but when the pain has healed it will be replaced with pride,he was YOUR Uncle and special to you.
The beer, the laughter, the football, the Fulham,fantastic times,great lessons in life and the lessons in life and the love of life that has made you who you are and that can never be taken away.

It's coming up to the 10 anniversary of my dad passing and he wasn't a Fulham fan but he gave me my great love of sport,of going down the pub having a few pints before the game and of just loving life and being a good honest bloke...
So chin up mate,you are a result of all the great wonderful people in your life who have passed on to that great pub in the sky, and that's a hell of a lot of reasons to proud of who you are and where you've come from!

TheDaddy

Sorry to here of the passing of your uncle Tomo.What will help you during your time of mourning is how your Uncle made you the person you are and later on in life your look back and smile and say thank you randomly, it sounds weird but i still do it every now and then.Chin up mate.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Tomo

Thank you everyone for your messages of support, its funny while helping my mother clear out an old room i just found the crewe alexandre programme from 1999 when we won 3-0 hopefully its a sign from him saying we'll win 3-0 on saturday!
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Admin

Sorry for your loss Tomo I know exactly how you're feeling. All the best and here's to 3 points on Saturday..

leonffc

Sorry to hear that Tomo. Lets hope he's looking down and the boys make him proud Saturday.

JezamyBates

May God Have Mercy on his Soul