https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sessegnon

Started by Art Vandelay, May 17, 2019, 06:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Vandelay

Let the bidding begin....

BREAKING NEWS

Manchester United have made initial contact with Fulham about signing Ryan Sessegnon, Sky Sports News understands.

Tottenham and Juventus are also understood to be interested in the youngster, who will turn 19 on Saturday, but United are the only team to have approached Fulham so far.

Sessegnon is understood to be reluctant to play another season in the Championship following Fulham's relegation after just one term in the top flight, and United want to add young home-grown talent to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's squad.

And there is understood to be an acceptance at Fulham that the time maybe right to let Sessegnon move on, especially given he has just one year remaining on his contract.

DanVerSar

Hopefully this will encourage a bidding war and drive the price up. I assume he has no interest in signing a new deal as he would have already signed if so. Hopefully United make the first firm offer as I think he prefers a move to Spurs. Levy is shrewd and I feared we would be losing him on the cheap. I would accept nothing less than £35m plus clauses based on appearances and international call ups and a large sell on fee percentage. Let's not have our pants pulled down on this one please TK

Statto

Quote from: DanVerSar on May 17, 2019, 07:03:08 PM
I would accept nothing less than £35m plus clauses based on appearances and international call ups and a large sell on fee percentage. Let's not have our pants pulled down on this one please TK

What would you do if the best offer you got was £15m, and the alternative was less than half that if he leaves on a tribunal 12 months from now? 

Art Vandelay

I think he wants to go and we have to get the best deal possible which is hopefully more than £15mil, and that should achievable if several teams are bidding. Also I wouldn't be surprised if his brother is involved in any transfer as it would help the transitioning process.

Texas White

Quote from: Art Vandelay on May 17, 2019, 08:15:33 PM
I think he wants to go and we have to get the best deal possible which is hopefully more than £15mil, and that should achievable if several teams are bidding. Also I wouldn't be surprised if his brother is involved in any transfer as it would help the transitioning process.

Sad but probably true. Hopefully not involving his brother.

Fernhurst

It is very true and mightily sad. Would love Levy to miss out on this one.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SG

Quote from: Statto on May 17, 2019, 07:58:29 PM
Quote from: DanVerSar on May 17, 2019, 07:03:08 PM
I would accept nothing less than £35m plus clauses based on appearances and international call ups and a large sell on fee percentage. Let's not have our pants pulled down on this one please TK

What would you do if the best offer you got was £15m, and the alternative was less than half that if he leaves on a tribunal 12 months from now? 

I'd keep him and hope he helps to get us promoted. Worth risking a few million if he gets us up

KJS

Judging by his recent performances he was gone 3 months ago!

Steeeeeeeeeed

If United are involved already the money could be big, silly big.

Texas White

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on May 17, 2019, 08:55:05 PM
If United are involved already the money could be big, silly big.

Let's hope so. 💥

HobGoblin

Hasn't set division alight, seems not interested in staying, cash in, multiple clubs after him, fee will be a good bidding war. use that to improve the team imo.

junior white

What happens if he wants to stay in London? Which I believe he does from media reports. If that's the case and Levy knows that he won't go into a bidding war he will bid what he thinks he can, we can accept any offer but Sess doesn't have to agree terms.

Bidding wars only work if a player doesn't have a preferred club or city to go too

HobGoblin

Manure for all their faults have the cash to if they want to challenge, spuds don't, the club isn't to a level of Man City, Liverpool, Manure, if he wants to go for sucess, then it'll be one of them 3 + chelsea maybe too, Spurs aren't at that level, they fae each time, hence the Bottleham tag. I hope he stays and repays the faith Fulham have placed in him, if e goes, Liverpool is where i think he;d do best in long run.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

It seems that Moussa 2 is valued at 35-40 Million pounds by Lyon
I wish we either
a/. Had a 2nd team sell-on clause (after Celtic/Lyon)
b/. We could afford and attract him.

Moussa 2, Mitro and (contoversially) AK on the RW would make mincemeat of the CS next year and we could
afford to let in 2 goals per game and still win  :0)
Perhaps we could re-sign Ross  :0)

It might need to be "kick and rush" football though
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

hovewhite

Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on May 17, 2019, 11:11:04 PM
I wish we either

Moussa 2, Mitro and (contoversially) AK on the RW would make mincemeat of the CS next year and we could

Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on May 17, 2019, 11:11:04 PM
I wish we either

think football like life you can't turn back the clock all you can do is learn your lessons and be wiser and smarter!

Mince n Tatties

The one club whose jersey I'd hate to see him wear.
If he goes there I'll never forgive the lad......

The Rational Fan

Quote from: junior white on May 17, 2019, 10:34:55 PM
What happens if he wants to stay in London? Which I believe he does from media reports. If that's the case and Levy knows that he won't go into a bidding war he will bid what he thinks he can, we can accept any offer but Sess doesn't have to agree terms.

Bidding wars only work if a player doesn't have a preferred club or city to go too

Not True, Sessegnon would be desperate to sign a five year contract, he'll move to Manchester to guarantee his financial future. Ryan Sessegnon is not  rich yet (he probably can buy a house in Fulham no more), but the moment he signs a five-year contract he will richer than he ever imagined 10m-20m+ and will never have to work again. Alternatively, if Ryan Sessegnon stays and gets injured, then he will not have a lucrative career in football and will be training for some job like a P.E. school teacher on 40,000 per year to 90,000 per year. Markovoic probably taught Sessegnon about the advantages of cashing in to get a long-term contract when everyone thinks your full of potential and your little more than a speculative gamble.

If Manchester United offer Fulham big money, then Ryan Sessegnon's options will be i) move to Manchester United collect 10m+, ii) sign with Fulham for five years collect 10m+ or iii) stay with Fulham for one year collect 500k and hope to an injury free premier league player, then later is an insane risk for Sessegnon. It would be more sensible for Sessegnon to pay for his family and friends to move to Manchester than reject the deal, which is why a double deal for the twins is likely (even if they just put Steven on loan up North say at Oldham).

sunburywhite

Quote from: KJS on May 17, 2019, 08:53:37 PM
Judging by his recent performances he was gone 3 months ago!

I think you are right
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fulhamight

I can understand why Man U and Spurs are keen to add Ryan to their squads. They are planning for the future like us but are in a slightly advantageous position!
My concern is for Ryan. If you look at the squads for both teams, his playing time is highly unlikely to be anywhere near 100%, as it would be, if he remained with us. Yes, the prospect of a physical, Championship slog for another 12 months, might at first seem unappealing but there is no reason why we can't bounce back.
I, for one, am optimistic about the year ahead and Scott's ability to drive a change in standards on the field and off. If the amazing happens and Ryan was still with us , then I know he would then be available free or able to choose to stay. It could benefit him and us. After all, which are the benefits to player and club? The money we get from the sale of Ryan, his progress as a player, or the season ahead for the club?
Loan back could be another possibility but if Ryan feel's he must get away to develop, then I guess that won't be an option.
We need to thank Ryan for his amazing contributions to this club whatever happens next and hope that he will become, in due time, the regular England player that his talents deserve. He will always be one of our own. The future's bright. The future's black and white.

grandad

I want to know how much these "big" clubs are paying certain media sources to tap up players by coming up with certain statements. We have seen them all.
Sess wants to go to Spurs
Sess wants to stay in London
Spurs, Manure & PSV have tabled bids
Etc.
None of this has direct links to the Club or Sess.
Perhaps he will be sold but until I read it on the Offal I will ignore it as I do with all gossip.
What will be will be.
Where there's a will there's a wife