Main Menu

Football Focus BBC 1

Started by Westlondonffc, May 18, 2019, 01:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: Twig on May 20, 2019, 07:24:17 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 20, 2019, 05:45:07 AM
Quote from: FulhamKC on May 20, 2019, 01:51:36 AM
Wow. Amazed at most of the comments on this thread. Would have expected (and certainly hoped for) better from the FFC community.

I agree. The level of naked racism and sexism on this thread leaves me gobsmacked. It seems like anytime a woman or ethnic minority get a promotion then some on here thinks it's due to political correctness. Er hello - but people from all sections of society are capable and competent.
Alex is one of the best pundits out there at the moment - she speaks with clarity and has an excellent reading of the game.

Plus one

Plus two

bog

Quote from: HobGoblin on May 18, 2019, 10:27:47 PM
I echo the Chris Waddle comment, is a good pundit, commentator. Enjoyable to listen too and knows his stuff far more than the bbc crew

+1

Mitch

Just popping in to quickly say that Alex Scott is the best pundit the BBC have and it's not even close.

BBC coverage is fairly terrible, but Alex is a shining light in that.

Mince n Tatties

About 3 years ago the BBC advertised 10 jobs in Salford (only ethnic people apply).
Why were they never taken to court?
If you had a business and advertised for White Brits only you'd be put in jail..

colinwhite

Tongue in cheek or not, racist or sexists comments never sit well lets face it. Some really poor posts on here.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Statto on May 20, 2019, 09:03:25 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 20, 2019, 05:45:07 AM
The level of naked racism and sexism on this thread leaves me gobsmacked.

Oh do calm down.

Is it sexist not to like women's football? Is it racist to notice that Alex Scott is black? Is it sexist or racist not to be a fan of hers, or to observe that the BBC is actively trying to increase its proportion of female and minority group staff, particularly in prominent or well-paid roles?

There are perhaps two posts on this entire thread that are genuinely sexist and that's only if they're taken at face value, when they're patently written with tongue in cheek, albeit not funny and in somewhat poor taste.

This thread, like any debate about this sort of thing these days, is on the cusp of descending into abuse and being shut down, and as usual it's because of a few precious posters, most of whom I suspect are merely virtue-signalling and getting vicariously offended on behalf of other people rather than genuinely upset.

Maybe, just maybe, they're trying to get women's football on the map a bit more. Believe it or not, the two best footballers I know personally are women. They love the game as much, if not more than, men. Weirdly, they're both gay so before anyone say "it's probably cos they like the men in shorts", that couldn't be further from the truth. 
The level of women's football is very, very good. In some cases, better than some we've played this season.
Also, I find it ironic that Fulham fans out of everyone have an issue with women and football, when Fulham has the first professional ladies team 🤷🏼‍♂️

And yes, black women do like football as much as white women. Quite in the same wayblack men like football as much as white men.

Even, shock horror, some homosexuals have been known to enjoy the sport too. What is world coming too, I ask you?!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fulham1959 on May 19, 2019, 05:37:41 PM
Quote from: MikeW on May 18, 2019, 08:20:10 PM
Fulham 1959: I'd like to know when you watched 'top class' women's football on the TV?.  It is being forced on the viewer by PC TV companies who are also aware it's cheap.  Last weekend some sort of Women's Premier League play off or final was reported all over the media.  Just over 2000 people bothered to turn up.

England's Women International matches.  Open your eyes.  They are as skilful as the men, with the possible exception of the goalkeeping.

Are you on smarties.
If the men's team met the Girlies it would be 15-0 by half time...Without breaking sweat.😋

70sPimlico

Some right dinosaurs on here

john dempsey

sexism /racism. now you go and introduce ageism
just need to bring disability into it and we have a full house.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham1959 on May 19, 2019, 05:37:41 PM
Quote from: MikeW on May 18, 2019, 08:20:10 PM
Fulham 1959: I'd like to know when you watched 'top class' women's football on the TV?.  It is being forced on the viewer by PC TV companies who are also aware it's cheap.  Last weekend some sort of Women's Premier League play off or final was reported all over the media.  Just over 2000 people bothered to turn up.

England's Women International matches.  Open your eyes.  They are as skilful as the men, with the possible exception of the goalkeeping.

I always watch the England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Football, Rugby and Cricket International matches, there is a lot of skill and effort in those matches, and it is actually very refreshing not to see hardly and dissent or diving and feigning injuries in the football like blokes do.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: john dempsey on May 20, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Nice one, You are most definitely right about ageism which is the worst and most extreme of them all. I have had to put up with all my life through the Stone Age, the Iron Age, the Bronze Age and right up to the Cleav Age.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: john dempsey on May 20, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Trouble with you Del boy you got an "Ism"
I ain't got an Ism have I Rodney...lol

PokerMatt

Wow so this thread reminds me nicely why I barely come on here any more.

Keep it up, you dinosaurs  :54:
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: PokerMatt on May 21, 2019, 09:33:33 AM

And there was I thinking you were thrown off because of your constant remarks about how everyone who doesn't have your extreme left wing views and idolises the ground that the racist  Dianne Abbott walks on. :022:

PokerMatt

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 21, 2019, 09:48:22 AM
Quote from: PokerMatt on May 21, 2019, 09:33:33 AM

And there was I thinking you were thrown off because of your constant remarks about how everyone who doesn't have your extreme left wing views and idolises the ground that the racist  Dianne Abbott walks on. :022:
I'm glad you've been corrected then. Happy to help.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

FFC1987

I'll bite to the Alex Scott fandom's claiming shes the best pundit going and is a beacon of light. I personally think its great she's there but blimey she add's very little to in depth analysis but then again shes not alone. I'm glad you like her, but like some of here, I wouldn't say she's quite the bastion of knowledge and insight that some of yo think. I hope my very basic criticism of her work isn't construed as racism or sexism though. One can criticise someones work whilst not being bigoted.....sadly that aspect has been lost by some here. To the actual bigoted people on here, keep it clean people. Promoting a sport that isn't popular in the hope it can become popular and boost our national game isn't a bad thing. I also think the plug to promote womans sport is also down to the fact the BBC rarely get the mens sports anymore and constantly get's priced out by competition so to offer any sport now, they go for the womans which they can afford. Maybe that's the cynic in me though.