Quote from: Statto on June 01, 2019, 10:01:47 PM
Quote from: Twig on June 01, 2019, 09:19:54 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on June 01, 2019, 06:34:50 PM
Quote from: Twig on June 01, 2019, 05:58:33 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on June 01, 2019, 05:49:50 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on June 01, 2019, 05:17:27 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on June 01, 2019, 04:52:58 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 01, 2019, 02:09:00 PM
I have no confidence we will make the right kind of signings or in plenty of time to settle in before the season starts.

What do you mean most Fulham fans, I think you are a little presumptuous there. All the ones I know, and I know many, were confused and Could not understand the logic of what TK was doing

With all due respect, and no offense intended, your particular circle of friends and what they thought did not share the same opinion as a majority on this forum did as FFC finalized all of their acquisitions heading into this past season.  I saw, "for the most part", many very excited fans on this forum, optimistic, looking for something mid table or lower table but survival.  Again, just noting what happened only here on this forum.  Sure, some did question some of the moves and money spent, just as you did in this above discussion, but to be fair, I believe a solid majority on this forum were very happy campers.

Matt10

We're getting worked up about nothing...nothing has even happened yet. Goodness. Literally every footballer is on vacation right now, or nursing a hangover. Give it some time, and go watch Sunderland Till I Die to cool down :)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WindyCity on June 02, 2019, 05:20:14 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 02, 2019, 08:10:45 AM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on June 01, 2019, 10:17:50 PM
I have no confidence we will make the right kind of signings or in plenty of time to settle in before the season starts.

What do you mean most Fulham fans, I think you are a little presumptuous there. All the ones I know, and I know many, were confused and Could not understand the logic of what TK was doing

With all due respect, and no offense intended, your particular circle of friends and what they thought did not share the same opinion as a majority on this forum did as FFC finalized all of their acquisitions heading into this past season.  I saw, "for the most part", many very excited fans on this forum, optimistic, looking for something mid table or lower table but survival.  Again, just noting what happened only here on this forum.  Sure, some did question some of the moves and money spent, just as you did in this above discussion, but to be fair, I believe a solid majority on this forum were very happy campers.

You must be living about 3000 miles away to make that statement, how do you know. You should not take too much notice on what is said on this forum including mine it's just opinions, however I know what I know and you don't know what I know.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Matt10 on June 02, 2019, 06:30:52 PM
We're getting worked up about nothing...nothing has even happened yet. Goodness. Literally every footballer is on vacation right now, or nursing a hangover. Give it some time, and go watch Sunderland Till I Die to cool down :)

I am not sure anyone is getting worked up about anything apart from yourself, we are just having a debate. I do not think I need anyone suggesting to me at this stage what I can and cannot do, but you have my permission to take your own advice.
If you came down my local and listened to what many supporters have to say, I am talking about the supporters who actually attend matches, It might just help to give a better insight into Fulham and what the actual general opinion is. I reckon you would soon change your tune. Because going by your opinion I have a feeling you may not live near our manor, or maybe you do.
I guarantee you would learn more about Fulham than sitting on a computer, which is what TK clearly does, and what a pigs ear he has made.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

[/quote

Yes the players are enjoying a holiday right now but will be back for pre season training in about four weeks time, we need next season's team assembled by then. Pre season training is of little use if half the squad is wandering the world looking for new clubs.

Matt10

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 02, 2019, 07:04:35 PM

I am not sure anyone is getting worked up about anything apart from yourself, we are just having a debate. I do not think I need anyone suggesting to me at this stage what I can and cannot do, but you have my permission to take your own advice.
If you came down my local and listened to what many supporters have to say, I am talking about the supporters who actually attend matches, It might just help to give a better insight into Fulham and what the actual general opinion is. I reckon you would soon change your tune. Because going by your opinion I have a feeling you may not live near our manor, or maybe you do.
I guarantee you would learn more about Fulham than sitting on a computer, which is what TK clearly does, and what a pigs ear he has made.

Errr, I just read a couple pages where guys had to calm down or reiterate to not make it personal. So, just judging by that, Wooly. It also is just a reminder that things don't get done as quick as we want each time, and perhaps there is some rhyme reason to it because of what the footballers have going on.

No, there's no need to play the "You don't live in my country" card. I think that's pretty low, so congrats on being that guy :) - only took a couple years till someone said it. Well done, mate. Or rather, "buddy", so I sound more American and non-Fulham living for your benefit.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Matt10 on June 02, 2019, 08:00:15 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 02, 2019, 07:04:35 PM

Errr, I just read a couple pages where guys had to calm down or reiterate to not make it personal. So, just judging by that, Wooly. It also is just a reminder that things don't get done as quick as we want each time, and perhaps there is some rhyme reason to it because of what the footballers have going on.

No, there's no need to play the "You don't live in my country" card. I think that's pretty low, so congrats on being that guy :) - only took a couple years till someone said it. Well done, mate. Or rather, "buddy", so I sound more American and non-Fulham living for your benefit.

OOPS I have touched a nerve, but don't concern yourself over it, it's just not worth it, I won't take offence.
Remember you brought up that card not me, I never mentioned it, let alone thought about it, but don't worry about it, I don't hold grudges.
But now you have mentioned it, you have to admit its a good point, and fairly accurate.
I can't believe it's been two years, you have been very lucky. 
Fulham could do with your luck, but they won't get very much of it whilst TK is sticking his oar in.
But I don't need to tell you that as you should already know. Have a nice day ya all.

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

Matt - if you look back you will see how much I have valued your posts particularly regarding tactics etc. The problem here is that we are talking about ' feelings ' about how we (supporters) are ~dealing with our current mental state in particular in relation to the building of our team for the coming campaign . Personally , I feel very down  - with not a great deal of optimism. This is truly opposite to my normal mental state. I am concerned on several fronts -
First of all , whilst I agree with many posters that our squad on paper is better than the last time we came down - I see little indication of a real team - or for that matter team spirit.
Secondly, whilst I want Parker to succeed, there obviously no track record or any real coherent style to our play as yet . Whilst he has all the obvious characteristics for being a top class coach this is still unproven - so , in such a difficult league , it is hard to just have ' blind faith '
Thirdly - the TK situation and his ability to make the right call on transfers is obviously questionable.

It is hardly surprising therefore that some of us are worried. The fact that 'nothing has happened yet' doesn't help . Fans greatest motivation is always 'hope' which as of this minute , and based on recent history , is something we can only pray for and hardy expect.

toshes mate

Quote from: HV71 on June 02, 2019, 09:20:28 PM
Matt - if you look back you will see how much I have valued your posts particularly regarding tactics etc. The problem here is that we are talking about ' feelings ' about how we (supporters) are ~dealing with our current mental state in particular in relation to the building of our team for the coming campaign . Personally , I feel very down  - with not a great deal of optimism. This is truly opposite to my normal mental state. I am concerned on several fronts -
First of all , whilst I agree with many posters that our squad on paper is better than the last time we came down - I see little indication of a real team - or for that matter team spirit.
Secondly, whilst I want Parker to succeed, there obviously no track record or any real coherent style to our play as yet . Whilst he has all the obvious characteristics for being a top class coach this is still unproven - so , in such a difficult league , it is hard to just have ' blind faith '
Thirdly - the TK situation and his ability to make the right call on transfers is obviously questionable.

It is hardly surprising therefore that some of us are worried. The fact that 'nothing has happened yet' doesn't help . Fans greatest motivation is always 'hope' which as of this minute , and based on recent history , is something we can only pray for and hardy expect.
Good summary and one which encapsulates the area existing between total optimism and total pessimism.  Last season it was about the unknown heights of the PL with a very professional but untried coach.  This season it is about the unknown (this isn't the same league of before) depths of the Championship with a very professional but untried coach.  Most of us have learned a lesson in the past twelve months and for many FFC supporters it feels like familiar territory of repetitive mistakes.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 01, 2019, 11:29:08 PM
Quote from: filham on June 01, 2019, 10:23:24 PM
Right then, not much doubt that Sess will be moving on but say that Parker managed to persuade others, including Mitro,to stay for another season , how would we feel about starting the season with this line up:-

Betts
                                        Odoi          Ream           Mawson       Bryan

Anguissi           MacDonald
                                   Kamara                    Cairney                  Sess. Replacement

Mitrovic

The Sess replacement being a top player signed within the next month and therefore the team enjoys a full pre season together.

Could we be in the top six at Christmas and then in a position to make a couple of signings that would ensure a big push in the second half of the season.

No to Kamara, Odoi and Ream. And Zambo won't be ready at the start of the season because of AFCON.

I've personally always had a belief that the players we have (and that are likely to stay) are perfect for a 3 at the back. Especially with the defenders, Mawson's the ideal central Centre-Back, Le Marchand LCB, pushes Bryan further up the pitch so him getting caught out at the back post is less of a worry etc.

We don't really know what Parker wants out of the summer window, but my hope is we're starting the season with something like;

3-4-1-2
Bettinelli; New RCB, Mawson, Le Marchand; New RWB, McDonald, New DM, Bryan; Cairney; New Target Man/Mitrovic, New Pressing Forward

With a bench of Rodak, Ream, Odoi, S. Sessegnon, O'Riley, New Winger/Quick Striker, Ayite and players like Rui Fonte, Kebano, Elliott, de la Torre and a back-up "4th" defensive midfielder (someone new or Cisse) in the reserves.

And then we'd work Zambo back into the mix over the first stretch of 6-7 games before the September Internationals so he's ready to start coming off the back of them.

I don't think that's too unrealistic either. Let's say we're bringing in 55-60m which then rises to 90m with a Mitrovic sale. I'd look at signing;
Fikayo Tomori (RCB) (Loan)
Nazim Sangare (RWB) (3m)
Taras Romanczuk (CM) (2-2.5m)
Fredrik Gulbrandsen (Pressing Striker) (Free)
Andreas Geipl (Back-Up DM) (500k-1m)

Spending roughly 6m (and paying Gulbrandsen's inflated wages for being on a free) compared to bringing in 55-60m. And then if we sell Mitrovic in addition we'd have money to play with for another Striker.

I agree with you, but can you break down where you think the 55-60m is coming from in sales just so i understand.

I have to be honest and say i havent hear of the players you suggest signing but will look into them!

OldBrownShoe

Is my memory at fault but did not our owner, reputedly much richer than MAF, not promise to invest as may be necessary in the squad? In which case why do we need to sell before we can buy? I only ask.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

N_O_W_S

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on June 03, 2019, 10:11:04 AM
Is my memory at fault but did not our owner, reputedly much richer than MAF, not promise to invest as may be necessary in the squad? In which case why do we need to sell before we can buy? I only ask.

FFP! Still applies no matter how much we want to spend. The £100m last year fit within the TV revenue we received.

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 02, 2019, 06:43:01 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on June 02, 2019, 05:20:14 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 02, 2019, 08:10:45 AM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on June 01, 2019, 10:17:50 PM

You must be living about 3000 miles away to make that statement, how do you know. You should not take too much notice on what is said on this forum including mine it's just opinions, however I know what I know and you don't know what I know.

Wow, Wooly, that's pretty snarky.  My post was respectful and with no offense intended.  Point being, all I have is this forum to gain knowledge and understand what FFC fans might be thinking and talking about.  And there was no question about it, this fan forum was extremely happy with the acquisitions made heading into this past season, the lateness notwithstanding.  Excuuuuuse Me!

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Ols_S on June 03, 2019, 10:07:54 AM
Right then, not much doubt that Sess will be moving on but say that Parker managed to persuade others, including Mitro,to stay for another season , how would we feel about starting the season with this line up:-

Betts

Mitrovic

The Sess replacement being a top player signed within the next month and therefore the team enjoys a full pre season together.

Could we be in the top six at Christmas and then in a position to make a couple of signings that would ensure a big push in the second half of the season.

No to Kamara, Odoi and Ream. And Zambo won't be ready at the start of the season because of AFCON.

I've personally always had a belief that the players we have (and that are likely to stay) are perfect for a 3 at the back. Especially with the defenders, Mawson's the ideal central Centre-Back, Le Marchand LCB, pushes Bryan further up the pitch so him getting caught out at the back post is less of a worry etc.

We don't really know what Parker wants out of the summer window, but my hope is we're starting the season with something like;

3-4-1-2
Bettinelli; New RCB, Mawson, Le Marchand; New RWB, McDonald, New DM, Bryan; Cairney; New Target Man/Mitrovic, New Pressing Forward

With a bench of Rodak, Ream, Odoi, S. Sessegnon, O'Riley, New Winger/Quick Striker, Ayite and players like Rui Fonte, Kebano, Elliott, de la Torre and a back-up "4th" defensive midfielder (someone new or Cisse) in the reserves.

And then we'd work Zambo back into the mix over the first stretch of 6-7 games before the September Internationals so he's ready to start coming off the back of them.

I don't think that's too unrealistic either. Let's say we're bringing in 55-60m which then rises to 90m with a Mitrovic sale. I'd look at signing;
Nazim Sangare (RWB) (3m)

Spending roughly 6m (and paying Gulbrandsen's inflated wages for being on a free) compared to bringing in 55-60m. And then if we sell Mitrovic in addition we'd have money to play with for another Striker.

I agree with you, but can you break down where you think the 55-60m is coming from in sales just so i understand.

I have to be honest and say i havent hear of the players you suggest signing but will look into them!

Seri (20m)
Sessegnon (30m)
Christie (2m)
Fabri (2-3m)
Johansen (3-4m)
Kamara (2m)
Cisse (500k-1m)

I talked about the players in my Transfer Window Preview that I posted in the Summer Transfer Gossip thread, but I think that's off the first page now.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 03, 2019, 06:00:41 PM

Betts

Mitrovic

3-4-1-2

Nazim Sangare (RWB) (3m)

Seri (20m)
Sessegnon (30m)
Christie (2m)
Fabri (2-3m)
Johansen (3-4m)
Kamara (2m)
Cisse (500k-1m)

I talked about the players in my Transfer Window Preview that I posted in the Summer Transfer Gossip thread, but I think that's off the first page now.

Thanks. All sensible figures. Only one i struggle with is Sess, but apparently we have already rejected £20m (as the club should!).

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Ols_S on June 03, 2019, 06:07:18 PM

Betts

Mitrovic

3-4-1-2

Nazim Sangare (RWB) (3m)

Seri (20m)
Sessegnon (30m)
Christie (2m)
Fabri (2-3m)
Johansen (3-4m)
Kamara (2m)
Cisse (500k-1m)

Thanks. All sensible figures. Only one i struggle with is Sess, but apparently we have already rejected £20m (as the club should!).

I think it'll end up as 30m, or maybe 25m + someone on loan like Nkoudou or Foyth.

Statto

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 03, 2019, 06:11:22 PM
Quote from: Ols_S on June 03, 2019, 06:07:18 PM

Betts

Mitrovic

3-4-1-2

Nazim Sangare (RWB) (3m)

Seri (20m)
Sessegnon (30m)
Christie (2m)
Fabri (2-3m)
Johansen (3-4m)
Kamara (2m)
Cisse (500k-1m)

I think it'll end up as 30m, or maybe 25m + someone on loan like Nkoudou or Foyth.

Except for Sessegnon, those fees will be around the players' book value so not a profit that we can spend.

And the only way we'll get £30m for Sessegnon is if it's something like £10m now, £10m after 50 senior league appearances and £10m after 10 England caps.

Of course by the same token, acquiring £60m worth of players doesn't require a budget of £60m. It would be accounted for as £12m-£15m per season over the next 4-5 years. As it stands we're probably already committed to £20m per season for the next few years for the players we signed last summer.

In any case, irrespective of our budget, I don't want another 5 new faces in the starting XI next season. A high player turnover has been our undoing lately.

wheelerdeeler

I didn't say we could spend their value, hence only wanting to spend 6-7m on the players I suggested and not suggesting we go out and spend 12m on Cavaleiro etc. I actually think I was very realistic in-terms of what I think we can spend in that I'm looking for good value players in the last year of their contracts or on a free for the most part with the players I suggested for permanent deals.

EDIT: Just noticed Romanczuk signed a new deal with Jagiellonia, so I'd look at Oscar Lewicki or maybe Ryan Woods for that starting DM role.

You may not want a high turnover of players, but given we've already lost Rico, Chambers and Babel there's going to be new faces in the Starting XI next season. If/When Mitrovic goes, I'd be all behind a "two year plan" similar to the two full seasons under Jokanovic where we put the building blocks in place in the first season and integrate the new faces and maybe push Top 6- and then in the second season tweak a few things and go for automatics. If Mitrovic stays, the need to go up in the first season increases- but our chances also increase drastically.

Statto

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 03, 2019, 07:24:36 PM
I didn't say we could spend their value, hence only wanting to spend 6-7m on the players I suggested and not suggesting we go out and spend 12m on Cavaleiro etc. I actually think I was very realistic in-terms of what I think we can spend in that I'm looking for good value players in the last year of their contracts or on a free for the most part with the players I suggested for permanent deals.

Fair enough, I didn't read the whole chain properly, sorry.

I'd be astounded if Tony Khan can bring in half a team for £6-7m given his record on permanent signings. He spent £40m in our last two years and only 2-3 of those players became first choice in their position.

I do however agree, unlike some on here, that we can rely on the loan market to a significant extent.

You may not want a high turnover of players, but given we've already lost Rico, Chambers and Babel there's going to be new faces in the Starting XI next season.

I'd hope and expect those three are replaced in the starting XI by three from Bettinelli, McDonald, Johansen, Seri, Ayite and Kamara.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on June 03, 2019, 08:30:32 PM

Fair enough, I didn't read the whole chain properly, sorry.

I'd be astounded if Tony Khan can bring in half a team for £6-7m given his record on permanent signings. He spent £40m in our last two years and only 2-3 of those players became first choice in their position.

I do however agree, unlike some on here, that we can rely on the loan market to a significant extent.

You may not want a high turnover of players, but given we've already lost Rico, Chambers and Babel there's going to be new faces in the Starting XI next season.

I'd hope and expect those three are replaced in the starting XI by three from Bettinelli, McDonald, Johansen, Seri, Ayite and Kamara.

I'm fully expecting Johansen and Seri to be gone, and I want Kamara gone (especially if Mitrovic stays). And even in Ayite and Kamara's case, they were rotation options at best for us last time around. I personally want us to phase Ream, Odoi and McDonald out over the next season (going back to the two year plan thing) because they've shown this season that they're nowhere near Prem standard- so I'd rather try and build a settled core Starting XI that could get us up and at least give us a chance of staying up.

Similar to Wolves in that sense that they had what? 8 of their Starting XI from the Championship starting in the Prem and only lost Ruddy, Douglas and Cavaleiro/Costa from it, but obviously not as good as finishing 7th because we don't have Mendes on speed dial.

If we ended up with a Starting XI of Bettinelli; Tomori, Mawson, Le Marchand; Sangare, Anguissa, Lewicki, Bryan; Cairney; Mitrovic, Gulbrandsen. That's 1 loan (Tomori) and spending at most 10m total and (in my opinion) gives us a fighting chance if we did get promoted with that team in that we'd only have to sign 3 or 4 starters for the following Prem season.

The thing with Tony Khan is when he spends serious money they usually flop (Jozabed, Sigurdsson, Fonte etc.) but he can play the loan market (Targett) and get some bargains as well (Malone, Aluko) so in the situation we're in where we can't spend much but on the same notion don't need to sign 10-12 players I'm hoping we get some good cheap ones like Sangare and Gulbrandsen.