more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan Sessegnon wants Spurs move and tells Fulham he will not renew contract

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 07, 2019, 02:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Ryan Sessegnon wants Spurs move and tells Fulham he will not renew contract

Ryan Sessegnon before Fulham's game against Everton in April.
• 19-year-old winger has one year left on his deal
• PSG and Manchester United also interested in him

Ryan Sessegnon has told Fulham he will not sign a new contract with them – to replace the one that expires next summer – and the 19-year-old winger has set his heart on a move to Tottenham.

Sessegnon, who will be involved for England at the European under-21 Championship in Italy and San Marino this month, has been chased by a host of top clubs, including Paris St-Germain and Manchester United. He comes from an Ivorian family and speaks French, meaning that a move to PSG would hold a certain appeal.

But Sessegnon has made it clear that he wants to join Spurs, who have tracked him for the past few years, as he believes he would thrive under Mauricio Pochettino. The Spurs manager has an excellent track record for developing young English talent. Pochettino would like a deal for Sessegnon to be completed by 8 July, which is when his players will report for pre-season training.

Fulham have mentioned a fee of £45m for a player who, despite his youth, has already made over 100 league appearances for them – including 35 in the Premier League over this past season, when they were relegated. Spurs, though, are not inclined to pay more than £25m and they know that Fulham would face the disastrous prospect of losing Sessegnon for only training costs if they did not do business now.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/07/ryan-sessegnon-not-renew-fulham-wants-tottenham-move

Burt

With this bit in the Guardian (the source is David Hytner, who is generally well informed and reliable) it's only a matter of time. And money.

Rambler

Wish this hadn't come out, moreover wish Ryan had kept this between the club and himself, our positioned is definitely weakened and I fully expect spurs to low ball us. Plus any other teams that want in

Burt

There's also been those whispers about his brother being part of a bundled deal, although it's not mentioned in this particular piece.

f321ffc

Shame if true, we all know he's not going to be here forever but it would be nice if he signed a new contract with an agreed buy out fee so Fulham could get the best price for him.
He is said to love the club and Fulham have invested loads in him during his 10 years development,
Bigger names than him have signed a new contract knowing they would get the move they want.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Camel Club

All very disappointing but not unexpected. I really cannot see Ryan getting much game time with whoever he were to join in the top 6 of the PL next season. Best thing for Fulham would be to make sure we don't sell ourselves short and for Ryan to be loaned back to us for next season.

Mince n Tatties

ALG01

we will have a new stand to look at in two seasons
mr khan and lhan jnr will be able to sit in an empty stadium with a new stand as we plunge down the leagues
i have no faith in our leadership and feel sure sess will go for the wrong price or no money at all next season.... but we still have the serial failures of seri, anguissa and MLM... league one be about thier level.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: ALG01 on June 07, 2019, 04:23:32 PM
mr khan and lhan jnr will be able to sit in an empty stadium with a new stand as we plunge down the leagues
i have no faith in our leadership and feel sure sess will go for the wrong price or no money at all next season.... but we still have the serial failures of seri, anguissa and MLM... league one be about thier level.

Dont really see how the Khans can be held responsible for Ryan keeping his options open.

Deeping_white

So if we don't let him go this season and he gets us promoted but leaves on a free, would you still be a serial doom monger?

Mike the White

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't EVdS sign a short extension to his contract in order for us to get a bit more from Man United?

Statto

Quote from: Ols_S on June 07, 2019, 04:26:04 PM

Dont really see how the Khans can be held responsible for Ryan keeping his options open.

Agree.
Only person I'd "blame" for all this is Sessegnon.
And I'm reluctant to use the word "blame" but the way it's panning out, it will likely leave a bit of a sour taste, chiefly because
(a) he's clearly not ready for a big club, or even for the PL, and
(b) he's moving at a time when the fee we get will be heavily reduced because his contract is almost up.

filham

Spurs would like it all sorted by 8th July, no doubt Sess. does as well and so do we but only at the right price. Let us , for once, make sure Spurs pay the right price for what they are getting.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Statto on June 07, 2019, 04:39:06 PM
Quote from: Ols_S on June 07, 2019, 04:26:04 PM

Agree.
Only person I'd "blame" for all this is Sessegnon.
And I'm reluctant to use the word "blame" but the way it's panning out, it will likely leave a bit of a sour taste, chiefly because
(a) he's clearly not ready for a big club, or even for the PL, and
(b) he's moving at a time when the fee we get will be heavily reduced because his contract is almost up.

I dont know if he is not ready for the PL, but certainly not top 4 squad. I cannot see him getting minutes beyond the odd cup appearance. He's not putting any of the starting 11 at Spurs on the bench.

JoelH5

Whatever happens I hope it happens quickly so we can spend the money this window.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

wheelerdeeler

I don't even fully blame Sessegnon. He's most likely had his agent in his ear since he broke through with us, and said agent probably told him not to sign a new deal last year hoping he'd have an absolutely ridiculous year so he'd end up on 100k+ a week next season either with us or elsewhere this summer. It's why I've always thought he'd be sold this summer, unless we did a Wolves and ended up getting Europa League he was always off.

Same agent/agency who's tried to sell Cairney to West Ham for the last 5 transfer windows, most likely got into Fredericks' ear etc.

bobby01

As I have mentioned many times, most notably when Fredericks was getting blasted, They have reached the end of their contracts and are exercising their right to go elsewhere.
I think it's not a particularly good move for him, but it's his choice, he stands a better chance of developing under Pochettino than the others, but if Pochettino leaves as is possible what then for him.
Good luck to the boy he could have gone on expiry of his junior contract but signed and stayed.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

KJS

By Sess enjoy the veiw of the New White Hart Lane bench and the sooner you go the better funny how he was one of the players calling for Parker to get the managers job full time  :doh: