more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The meaning behind your Username?

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 17, 2019, 01:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Jims Dentist on June 18, 2019, 05:28:12 PM
Before games I used to drink in The Chancellors.
The bar manager there was (and I think still is) a self important guy called Jim with disgusting teeth.
Bloody hell I remember Jim. Also used to drink in The Chancellor's. Thought he was a nice bloke - I didn't get any self importance from him. Right about the teeth though [emoji16]

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Peabody

Dodger53

Friends started calling me dodger after a fancy dress party many moons ago, born in 53. Friends still call me dodger but I have come to realise its one of the most used nicknames.

thebumponleroyshead

Leroy was my first word spoken and he always had a bump on his head.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Vinnieffc on June 19, 2019, 04:51:49 PM
Quote from: CorkCity on June 19, 2019, 01:38:21 PM
Because I live in Cork City, even though I am from Fulham. Not sure I ever mentioned I'm from Fulham, anybody else from Fulham ? 049:gif
Am Irish but born in Hammersmith (which I didn't know until I applied for a passport). My cousin's lived on Lysia Street off Fulham Palace Rd and they got me into Fulham when we moved to England.

sorry to nit pick Vinnie but after reading your post I make you English.

Milo

Quote from: Dodger53 on June 19, 2019, 05:20:32 PM
Friends started calling me dodger after a fancy dress party many moons ago, born in 53. Friends still call me dodger but I have come to realise its one of the most used nicknames.

What did you go as?

A Jammy Dodger..? Er..

kiwian

An interesting read. I live in NZ and my first name is...
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

fulhamcookie

Simply my nickname plus of course Fulham, as Cookie on its own is used on pretty much every site on the internet.

fulhamdk

My username is because i live in Denmark.
I lived in Chiswick for a couple of seasons that is why i started going to Craven Cottage.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: fulhamdk on June 20, 2019, 08:21:06 AM
I lived in Chiswick for a couple of seasons that is why i started going to Craven Cottage.

Where do you live in Denmark?My wife's Danish.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 19, 2019, 09:48:31 PM
Quote from: Vinnieffc on June 19, 2019, 04:51:49 PM
Quote from: CorkCity on June 19, 2019, 01:38:21 PM
Because I live in Cork City, even though I am from Fulham. Not sure I ever mentioned I'm from Fulham, anybody else from Fulham ? 049:gif
Am Irish but born in Hammersmith (which I didn't know until I applied for a passport). My cousin's lived on Lysia Street off Fulham Palace Rd and they got me into Fulham when we moved to England.

sorry to nit pick Vinnie but after reading your post I make you English.
Mrs Vinnie was born in Dunfirmline but she's not Scott. Cliff Richard in India, BoJo in NYC, I could go on .

toshes mate

Quote from: Vinnieffc on June 20, 2019, 10:57:24 AM
Mrs Vinnie was born in Dunfirmline but she's not Scott. Cliff Richard in India, BoJo in NYC, I could go on .
You are as you claim since legally the following applies depending on the particular country's nationality laws:

Countries operate the nationality laws in one, two or all three main ways:—

1.   Place of birth confers nationality
2.  Parental nationality confers nationality
3.   Both of the above — e.g. USA, UK

There are additional ways, such as naturalisation, registration and contractual military service (e.g. France: French Foreign Legion) and so on.

GloucesterWhite

Three guesses! Wrong, cos I've since moved to Shropshire between Telford and Ironbridge (great place). Used to be Teabag because I drink a lot of tea, but apparently that has a sexual meaning and I got pi**ed off with the jokes.

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Vinnieffc

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on June 20, 2019, 11:43:36 AM
Three guesses! Wrong, cos I've since moved to Shropshire between Telford and Ironbridge (great place). Used to be Teabag because I drink a lot of tea, but apparently that has a sexual meaning and I got pi**ed off with the jokes.
I lived in Telford when my family moved to England in 74 and regularly used to walk to Ironbridge. Was a lovely place back then. Had a bit of bad press recently but I have fond memories of that year of my childhood.

Dixie

"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Dixie

Quote from: kiwian on June 20, 2019, 05:31:43 AM
An interesting read. I live in NZ and my first name is...
An?
Interesting name!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

jarv

Living in USA, I ran "soccer" camps for years. All the Brits who came over every summer ( to coach the kids) shortened my last name to Jarv.
It just stuck.

F(f)CUK

Chose FfCUK when I used to post on the  old Fulham forum. Just a rehash of the FCUK slogan. Approximately 2 years after I first used it French Connection UK (another official forum poster) questioned me on my right to use the tag. I explained that I had used it first and we agreed to carry on posting unaffected.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 20, 2019, 08:38:10 AM
Quote from: fulhamdk on June 20, 2019, 08:21:06 AM

Where do you live in Denmark?My wife's Danish.
I have replied to your email,but when I read it after it says I shouldn't have answered it.Anyway in case you don't get it my Wife's is from Skive.