watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It could be worse......

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, July 01, 2019, 11:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

We could have been bought by Mike Ashley.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

That would surely have been pure hell on earth.

Statto

I think my internet must be broken because it's telling me Newcastle are in the division above us

Dr Quinzel

They seem to be doing better than us though?

toshes mate

The point is well made by Statto.

An outcome of benefit to all may encompass Ashley doing a sharp about face and giving Benitez what he wants and needs to nurture success in much the same vein as Charlton's owner did with Lee Bowyer recently.  Ashley could then arguably get the leverage he wants from a sale to new owners instead of the mess they'd inherit and have to sort out at the moment.  Will Ashley's departure alone satisfy United fans?  I rather doubt it.

Dr Quinzel

I know I may not seem easy to please, so this may sound ironic, but I get the feeling that NUFC fans would never be satisfied until they're competing again at the top of the table. Beyond being a one team City with a bigger ground, I don't know why they feel that is their natural place however.

Burt

It depends what you want from your football club.

Most supporters would want:
1. An owner who gives a toss.
2. A club that is well-ran.
3. Long term stability.
4. Community/grassroots engagement.

Newcastle may be in the division above us, but it's an unhappy club...

The Rational Fan

The Venky family purchased Blackburn Rovers in 2010 for £23m and then took it down from the Premier League. I doubt it will recover soon.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 01, 2019, 01:14:24 PM
The Venky family purchased Blackburn Rovers in 2010 for £23m and then took it down from the Premier League. I doubt it will recover soon.

They're fine now. Mid-table championship club, which is their natural level.

Statto

Quote from: Burt on July 01, 2019, 01:12:36 PM

3. Long term stability.

Not sure which they beat us on.

According to some on here our owner only cares about his son and wouldn't finance another DoF that wasn't his son.

We're less well-run than Newcastle, insofar as they've spent roughly the same as us in the last few years (net) and remain in the PL.

Our long-term stability is, again according to some on here, entirely dependent on the owner continuing to support us.

No idea how our community engagement compares to Newcastle's, admittedly.

Tabby

One thing that a lot of people seem to neglect with Ashley is all the advertising for Sports Direct he plasters all over the club while not paying a penny for it.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on July 01, 2019, 01:42:37 PM

That's a fair call! I agree former premier league champions Blackburn Rovers natural level, with a 31,000 seater stadium up north and a mutli-millionaire sugar daddy covering an average of £10 million of losses per season, is a mid-table championship club.

What is our natural level?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on July 01, 2019, 01:46:39 PM

According to some on here our owner .... wouldn't finance another DoF that wasn't his son.

Well, according to Tony Khan, Shahid Khan wouldn't have financed the Mitrovoic loan without his recommendation, even through TK implies everyone at the club including the accountant wanted Mitro. Shahid Khan is the only person that knows if this is true and he has never denied his sons story.

If TK is telling the truth, then he got funding for Mitrovoic where other DoFs couldn't have, so it's not a stretch to say he'll be better able to finance players in the future.

If Tony Khan lying, then his dad is covering for him, so it's not a stretch to say he'll back his son more financial.

Either way, SK is backing his son with "the money for Mitro" or the lie that he wouldn't have financed Mitro without TK. SK is backing his son in the past, surely he'll back him in the future with as much money as required for TK to be a good DoF.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 02, 2019, 05:14:54 AM

According to some on here our owner .... wouldn't finance another DoF that wasn't his son.

Well, according to Tony Khan, Shahid Khan wouldn't have financed the Mitrovoic loan without his recommendation, even through TK implies everyone at the club including the accountant wanted Mitro. Shahid Khan is the only person that knows if this is true and he has never denied his sons story.

And yet TK, in the podcast, confirms a bid had already been made for Mitrovic by FFC prior to Mitro's decision to permanently move to Anderlecht suggesting that the money was already available to fund such a transfer.   So how come it was so important for TK to get it over the line with SK other than being a rubber stamp?  More evidence of TK the showman and promoter with BS the mark of his trade (as with all his fellow show folk and promoters).

SG

Only after 9 years of turmoil, protests etc. Hardly a ringing endorsement of their ownership. No supporters should have to endure that

SG

Quote from: Burt on July 01, 2019, 01:12:36 PM

3. Long term stability.

Not sure which they beat us on.

According to some on here our owner only cares about his son and wouldn't finance another DoF that wasn't his son.

We're less well-run than Newcastle, insofar as they've spent roughly the same as us in the last few years (net) and remain in the PL.

Our long-term stability is, again according to some on here, entirely dependent on the owner continuing to support us.

No idea how our community engagement compares to Newcastle's, admittedly.

I believe it is accepted that there has been a total lack on investment in their support infrastructure. The training facilities it is claimed are well below Premiership standards making it difficult to attract players. Article in the Times today with Benitez

DevonFFC

Where would our natural level be and what is your rational?

KJS

Quote from: DevonFFC on July 02, 2019, 08:08:43 AM

Where would our natural level be and what is your rational?

Good question  :54:

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 02, 2019, 05:14:54 AM

He didn't say that at all.

There's no proof that anyone else couldn't get the same investment from SK. It's a complete misnomer.