https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ivan Cavaleiro Signs

Started by JoelH5, July 13, 2019, 03:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 13, 2019, 07:14:46 PM
That Pig bloke sounds a bit salty..

Twitter is full of Wolves fans saying they are sad to see him go. As said above, if a goal or assist every 135 mins is poor, give me a team of poor players all day long!

Trawled all Wolves social media this evening & the overwhelming verdict is they're sad to see him go & Fulham have got themselves a real player.
Bit like the hotel reviews when the vast majority give a place 5/5 then someone pops up with a 2.
Wolves fan I spoke to tonight said Cavs a top player & hes gutted to see him go, said he was brilliant in their championship winning side. Went on to say he wasn't so effective in the Premier league because Wolves tweaked their formation a bit & he didnt get a run of games.
All in all Cairney, Mitro & Cavaleiro will be amongst the best few players in this league. A couple more, Arter, Hector etc & another right back & I reckon we'll be hard to bet against this season

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Fantastic.
Khans do it again
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Statto

Realistically, as a Championship club we're not going to sign players that will be automatic starters in a top 8 PL side, which is what Wolves are now.

However, he's clearly a top, top player at Championship level and may even serve us well if we get promoted and seek to re-stabilise as a decent bottom half or mid-table PL team.

As for Wolves, they'll have their season or two in the sun but football history tells you it takes several decades to develop a decent top 8 PL side, and it never ends well for those who think throwing money around will get you there quicker. They'll go the way of Leeds and QPR eventually, and pass us on the way down. Just as we did with Villa this year, unfortunately.

toshes mate

Cavaleiro is certainly one of the better risks (all recruitment carries some risk, players or otherwise) TK has taken as a 'not last minute' signing and he is an attacker.  Although, it seems, on reputation, he may lack that familiar recovery ability when he or a team mate loses the ball, he has a better reputation as a more disciplined player in a defensive press formation.  I'll be interested to see how he combines with whoever plays as his partnering fullback and there is still time enough for the first smatterings of such a relationship to begin to build in the next few weeks. 

Parker has a very useful and needed addition to the squad especially if RS decides he wants to stay, recovers from injury and is fit to begin the season on day one.  Now can we have two more additions to key positions (RB, RCB) this week please.

Twig

I like this because we have the option to buy. Too many of our previous loans established themselves then left at season end to return to their clubs, leaving us with gaps in the squad. 

If we can bring in one or two defenders and perhaps a left sided attacker, depending on Sess, then I will be happy. I just hope Mitro doesn't get injured because I don't believe we have adequate cover, but I guess you never have the perfect squad.