https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ivan Cavaleiro Signs

Started by JoelH5, July 13, 2019, 03:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Ivan Cavaleiro Signs

Saturday 13 July 2019 15:54
The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Ivan Cavaleiro on loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The 25-year-old has agreed a season-long deal with the Whites, and the Club holds the option to make the transfer permanent next summer.

An exciting winger who is comfortable on either flank – and can also play centrally – Cavaleiro was an integral part of the Wolves side that won the Sky Bet Championship in 2017/18.

In his 42 matches that season, Cavaleiro scored nine times and laid on a further 12 assists for his teammates as Wolves claimed the title in style.

That was his second season at Molineux, and he also managed to reach double figures for goals and assists in his maiden campaign as well.

A change in formation lessened Cavaleiro's opportunities last season in the Premier League, but he still managed to find the back of the net three times. In total, he scored 19 goals and claimed 20 assists in his 106 games for Wolves.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Cavaleiro said:

"I'm really happy to be here and sign for Fulham. This is a big and respected club in England and through the rest of the world. Fulham has been involved in a European final, so it holds great pedigree. This is a good opportunity for me to grow as a player as well so I'm very happy to be here and I'm excited to be meeting everyone today."

Tony Khan added:

"Ivan Cavaleiro is a great and important addition to Fulham Football Club. Ivan's been a top target for Fulham for several years. He's an excellent attacking player who, like so many of our experienced squad, has made a great contribution to a Championship side that achieved promotion to the Premier League. I'm thrilled that we have been able to work with Wolves and Ivan and his representatives to negotiate this deal to bring Ivan Cavaleiro to Craven Cottage. Come on Fulham!"

After coming through the Benfica academy and starring for their B team, Cavaleiro made his debut for the senior team in a cup tie in October 2013, and impressed his manager so much that he was involved again in their Champions League tie against Olympiakos a few days later.

Benfica ended up dropping out of the Champions League but excelled in the Europa League, with Cavaleiro part of the team that reached the 2014 Final where they lost on penalties to Sevilla.

The following campaign he enjoyed a season in La Liga, playing 34 times while on loan at Deportivo de La Coruna.

His performances in Spain caught the attentions of AS Monaco, who brought him to Ligue 1 on a permanent deal for a sizeable transfer fee. He made his debut in a Champions League qualifier against BSC Young Boys, and netted his first goal for the club in the reverse leg a week later.

Cavaleiro only spent one year in France before Wolves came calling, with the West Midlanders parting with a reported club record fee for his services.

A regular for Portugal throughout the age groups, Cavaleiro is now a full international having made his debut for the senior side in February 2014.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/july/13/ivan-cavaleiro-signs
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Buffalo76

AnOldBrownie

Great job Tony!

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Sgt Fulham

I'm excited! Great signing, well done all involved.

Art Vandelay

Fantastic news, just what we needed  076.gif

bog

This could be a very good signing!  049:gif

092.gif

sent from my ibrow

love4ffc

This is really great and I look forward to watching him.  I will say I hope we do not go down the route of having a ton of subs again like our last promotion season.  Would rather have solid permanent signings. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Ordar

This is an excellent signing. Great start to the summer. The loan plus option makes sense.

FFC1987

Its a great signing but would of liked it announced a week earlier.

/s

Black, White and Fred

Hopefully the new Dead Snake
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Tabby

Quote from: love4ffc on July 13, 2019, 04:19:17 PM
This is really great and I look forward to watching him.  I will say I hope we do not go down the route of having a ton of subs again like our last promotion season.  Would rather have solid permanent signings.

This at least has a confirmed option to buy, so it isn't like last time around.

Cavailero also is way higher quality than any of the wingers we loaned last time around. I still have no idea why we got Jordan Graham in.

Statto

Quote from: Tabby on July 13, 2019, 04:28:15 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on July 13, 2019, 04:19:17 PM

This at least has a confirmed option to buy, so it isn't like last time around.

Exactly.
Loan with option to buy is the best of both worlds.
Great business

bobby01

Great news, this boy is a good player
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Texas White

Great bit of business from TK.  Top banana

RaySmith

Brilliant.

Well done Tony K and his team.

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

grandad

Great signing, especially with the option to buy. Well done TK & the recruitment team.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Camel Club

This stands alone as a really good signing. When you read the responses from Wolves fans on social media to losing Ivan you realise they believe we've just pulled off a promotion winning deal. Let's hope so.

Well done Tony. Thank You.

I Ronic

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 13, 2019, 04:27:06 PM
Its a great signing but would of liked it announced a week earlier.

/s

Wolves got rid of their MD a few days ago and have loaned or sold several players over the last week or so. The hold up could have very well been there end.