watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in for tonight / Matchday thread Porto

Started by sunburywhite, July 16, 2019, 07:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Yes Bryan came off.  Also looks like MLM is getting ready. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 16, 2019, 10:14:23 PM
MLM and O'Riley in.
Good for O'Riley.  Hope to see more of him this season in the first team. 

Sting of the North

One more I think, maybe Tyrese Francois?

Mawson, Cairney and McDonald off.

Only Odoi, Betts and Christie left. Our superstars. Odoi Captain.

Fulhamerica

Man some are you guys are miserable. You'd think we just lost to Barnet 6-2 like palace

Mince n Tatties

Tonight's results
Boreham Wood 2 QPR 1...lol
Barnet 6 Palace 2.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Fulhamerica on July 16, 2019, 10:16:08 PM
Man some are you guys are miserable. You'd think we just lost to Barnet 6-2 like palace

I agree that some comments are ridiculous (always are some) but most seem to be just reporting on how they think various players are doing in this particular game. Feels fairly appropriate for a match day thread. Even though it is a pre season game against a good team it is surely ok to have an opinion on how the players are doing within that given context?

For example, I think we played poorly for most of the first half. That doesn't mean that I think the players are crap, or that they should never play again. It is just observations from the game that I am watching.

I think the first 15 minutes, as well as the start of the second half we looked ok.

love4ffc

That could have easily been a Penality by Christy.  Very lucky it's a friendly I think. 

Mince n Tatties

Betts is like Rico,great shot stoppers,but hairy scary on some crosses.

love4ffc

Not a bad build up out of the back there.  Really thought FFC might get something there. 

Sting of the North

Quote from: love4ffc on July 16, 2019, 10:24:58 PM
That could have easily been a Penality by Christy.  Very lucky it's a friendly I think.

It was a bit of a clumsy move, but he got ball side first, and I don't think that would be a penalty.

Ayite had a golden opportunity, good by the keeper.

Facts Not Fiction

Better 2nd half. Clearly wanted to try and slowly build up attacks.

love4ffc

Not going to read to much into this Porto friendly.  Thought it was a good run out for FFC.  Saw some moments of excitement that show some real creativity.  Also saw some nervy moments in the back defense so nothing has changed there, as of yet. 

Great to see the likes of Steven Sess, O'Riley Luca in the second half.  Overall, I'm happy and looking forward to the new season. 

junior white

Personally thought overall wasn't too bad. Yes you can criticise a moment from every one that started but overall not too bad

Milo

Betts looked fine to me.

Defence a bit shaky still. Christie had one of his better games.

Midfield got on the ball more second half and strung some passes together.

Up front Kebano had a lot of fancy footwork but no end product. Kamara looked our biggest threat. Cav looked a little loose in possession but showed glimpses of promise. I like how both he and AK hug the touchline.

All in all, enjoyed the game. Plaudits to Parker for organising a game which actually contributed to our prep for the upcoming season rather than Jokanovic's training ground exercises of old.

RaySmith

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 16, 2019, 10:28:48 PM

It was a bit of a clumsy move, but he got ball side first, and I don't think that would be a penalty.

Ayite had a golden opportunity, good by the keeper.

I thought Christie showed good strength in holding the bloke off without fouling him, and did ok  generally.

Parker obviously wants to emulate Joka in playing out from the back, which did provide some hairy moments, but generally worked ok imo.
I thought Betts had a good game - decisive off his line, like a sweeper, and generally  solid compared to how Rico became.

Overall a decent performance in what seemed tough conditions I thought.

EricB

2nd half much better.  They put in more effort collectively and looked like they had some idea of what they were trying to do.  Few clear cut chances created, but dictated play for long periods.  Ivan looked good.

AnOldBrownie

He had a penalty in the last game that led to the winning goal.   He needs to clean that up.

I thought he looked much better in the second half except for the near penalty though.

O'Riley looks slow.    Ivan looks like a good pickup if he can learn to play with Mitro and whomever else is up top.

Sess looks comfortable on the ball, and he can apparently play either left or right side.

Good exhibition.

Mince n Tatties

Yes better second half(but that was their under 14's on then by the look of them).😁

Facts Not Fiction

If we're going to play possession football, there is a strong case for Rodak over Bettinelli.