watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

African Cup of Nations

Started by aaronmcguigan, July 21, 2019, 10:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Does anyone know when Zambo Anguissa ,Ibra Cisse and Marcelo Djalo will be back training? More for team bonding, seeing who's going out on loan and even just to give everyone in and around the team a chance under Scott.
Cisses Guinea got to the round of 16 whereas Djalo played in 2 of Guinea bisseaus matches.
Zambos last game was on 6th July. Not sure if anyone knows rest  period or time off usually given?

The Rational Fan

I thought I heard 3 weeks and a couple of days. Djola, Cisse and Anguissa were all playing in August so it maybe a while yet. I suspect Parker is playing to start the season with McDonald, Johansen and Cairney in the starting XI, so that Anguissa can gradually find his way into the league from the bench. McDonald and Johansen know that a another 23 games unbeaten run is the best way to keep their spots in the starting XI and little else with Anguissa  waiting for a chance.

Woolly Mammoth

I wouldn't bank on Zambo being a regular, unless he shows more Hunger, Desire, Appetite, Application, Work rate, and Commitment, and he is willing to play within the framework of the team, as well as punching his weight. Then maybe he will become a regular first choice, and I hope he does, but it's far from nailed on. Football in reality is not the picture stats paint.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

GJB

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 21, 2019, 11:19:35 AM
I wouldn't bank on Zambo being a regular, unless he shows more Hunger, Desire, Appetite, Application, Work rate, and Commitment, and he is willing to play within the framework of the team, as well as punching his weight. Then maybe he will become a regular first choice, and I hope he does, but it's far from nailed on. Football in reality is not the picture stats paint.

From the Liverpool match in mid-March till the end of the season, Parker started Anguissa and kept him on for almost the full 90 minutes in every game. If, as suggested, Anguissa has had a good Afcon tournament, surely he'd slot straight back into the team under the same manager where he left off from last season?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: GJB on July 21, 2019, 11:35:46 AM

From the Liverpool match in mid-March till the end of the season, Parker started Anguissa and kept him on for almost the full 90 minutes in every game. If, as suggested, Anguissa has had a good Afcon tournament, surely he'd slot straight back into the team under the same manager where he left off from last season?

Zambo may have started many games but did he ever finish them with a full 90 minutes, and that needs to be addressed.

Never forget your Roots.

GJB

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 21, 2019, 11:40:20 AM

Zambo may have started many games but did he ever finish them with a full 90 minutes, and that needs to be addressed.

He did - again, from Liverpool in mid-March till the end of the season, out of the possible 720 minutes in those 8 matches, he played 716 of those minutes.

Skatzoffc

I think Parker likes him.
He fitted well into midfield with Cairney getting more attacking play in front of him in the games later in the season.

It seemed that Parker saw a way to play Anguissa that none of the previous managers could work out.

Go figure....
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

GJB

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 21, 2019, 11:50:33 AM
I think Parker likes him.
He fitted well into midfield with Cairney getting more attacking play in front of him in the games later in the season.

It seemed that Parker saw a way to play Anguissa that none of the previous managers could work out.

Go figure....

I agree that Parker appears to like him - i imagine, once Anguissa has had his break from the Afcon, we'll either see a 4-2-3-1 with Anguissa and Kmac in the two, and Cairney, Cavaleiro and Knockaert in the three, or a 4-3-3 with Cairney moving back into the three alongside Kmac and Anguissa.

AnOldBrownie

Agree to disagree with all your critiques of Zambo except for one.  Work rate. If you fix that no one complains about desire, application and commitment because...well, you don't have a player looking like he's tired on the pitch (both mentally and physically)

As stated...Parker rates him.   And I think his problems of last year can be addressed by the coaching staff.

1. Conditioning.    He played decent up until the first 50 minutes of the games he started...then he fell off a cliff making poor passes, not tracking back..holding onto the ball too long.  A box to box midfielder can't get tired, and Andre got tired a lot.   Which leads to #2...

2. Playing out of position.   He's not a holding mid.    He's a box to box.  Chambers was much better at the role than Anguissa.   

Zambo's injury also slowed his development.   

We'll see I guess.    Personally I think he's better than both MacDonald and Stefjo, so it's a guarantee he starts.   

The Rational Fan

My bet is we are playing 4-3-3 this season with KMac, Anguissa, Johasen and Cairney being our four main central midfielders. Combined our central midfielders must play an enormous 12,420 minutes, even if Cairney plays 4,000 minutes the other three still need to average 2,806 minutes each (32 games each). It makes sense for the trio (KMac, Stefjo and Cairney) play the first few games with Anguissa on the bench, and if they are suceeding Anguissa will have to wait for his opportunity (the longer the better).

JoelH5

I actually think Anguissa will be immense in the league and think he's way too good for the Championship. It can take a while for players to get used to English football for the first time. I genuinely think he will be in the Champ Team of the Season.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Rational Fan

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 21, 2019, 12:24:05 PM
I actually think Anguissa will be immense in the league and think he's way too good for the Championship. It can take a while for players to get used to English football for the first time. I genuinely think he will be in the Champ Team of the Season.

Anguissa should be aiming to finish his championship with nothing less than a promotion and player of the season.

I still hope we play KMac and Stefjo until the transfer window is closed, because we need four in-form central midfielders for a marathon season.

70sPimlico

My thoughts exactly. I hope we can hold onto him

70sPimlico

Just a load of old nonsense platitudes.

Come to the conclusion you dont go to watch games.

Was nice to see the following posts from people with facts and really thought out views. I think you're more suited to your regular slagging off of the Khans (I see you got your regular stats dig in) and comedic posts on garden structures.

I'll keep an eye on Zambo and (hopefully playing for us) see how his playing pans out.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: 70sPimlico on July 21, 2019, 01:07:30 PM
Just a load of old nonsense platitudes.

Come to the conclusion you dont go to watch games.

Was nice to see the following posts from people with facts and really thought out views. I think you're more suited to your regular slagging off of the Khans (I see you got your regular stats dig in) and comedic posts on garden structures.

I'll keep an eye on Zambo and (hopefully playing for us) see how his playing pans out.

Nurse nurse Billy no mates is out of bed again. Does this rag smell of chloroform to you.

Never forget your Roots.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 21, 2019, 12:48:02 PM

Anguissa should be aiming to finish his championship with nothing less than a promotion and player of the season.

I still hope we play KMac and Stefjo until the transfer window is closed, because we need four in-form central midfielders for a marathon season.

I would even say that we need 5, in addition to the youngsters. Feeling convinced that Cisse will leave and that another CM will join in the next couple of weeks.

filham

Anguissa was perhaps the biggest disappointment of all the big money buys we made last summer but at the tail end of the season he had a few games under Parker and his talents began to show. Hope he stays for this season, continues to improve and provides the midfield options we need.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: mlangstrom on July 21, 2019, 02:30:10 PM

I would even say that we need 5, in addition to the youngsters. Feeling convinced that Cisse will leave and that another CM will join in the next couple of weeks.

We have had enough players leave this season, besides Cisse is using less than 1% of the wage bill, he is very good value at that price. Keep Him!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 21, 2019, 03:25:31 PM
Quote from: mlangstrom on July 21, 2019, 02:30:10 PM

We have had enough players leave this season, besides Cisse is using less than 1% of the wage bill, he is very good value at that price. Keep Him!

I have to agree about Cisse, he is good value, and he can do a job, so I hope he stays.

Never forget your Roots.

SP

Someone on Fulham Web claiming Zambo wants to stay. Good news if true & straight into the starting 11 for me.