watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham stats and stuff 2019-20

Started by MJG, July 21, 2019, 01:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Ronic

No MJG, the one you did for managers who might be in the frame if SP jumps or is pushed. Can only remember Houghton being on there. Thank for this one though. 

MJG

Quote from: I Ronic on December 17, 2019, 05:16:45 PM
No MJG, the one you did for managers who might be in the frame if SP jumps or is pushed. Can only remember Houghton being on there. Thank for this one though.
I did one earlier to show Hughton in second place, but that's based on minnimum of 50 championship games which Parker is well short of.
Just the views of a long term fan

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Jim© on December 17, 2019, 05:02:45 PM
Put simply, when you see a chart like that, it does make you wonder if SP is getting an unfairly harsh time from many?

I think he is... at least if we only look at the points collected. But on the other hand I think both the fans and the owners expected automatic promotion this season and we're already too far behind. And we haven't looked very convincing even when we have won. We can't keep relying on luck and good performances from Rodak. Unless we considerably improve the way we play I think we will drop down the table and not even make top6.

The thing that worries me the most is that there are no signs of improvement. In fact, we look worse now than a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully things will improve when we get some midfielders back from injury.

And as always: Thanks to MJG for doing these threads!!!  :54:

The Rational Fan

I think a case could be made that Parker has done ok making us the 6th best defense in the league and he has done well getting Mitro as the top goal scorer. But FFC are 19th for goal scored by the back ten, which is hopeless given the players we have.

Our attacking midfielder and wingers should be at least top 3, which is 27 goals scored by the back ten and we have scored 15 goals. And 12 goals would have got us a 7-10 more points, which is acceptable given our defence isn't top 3.

Jim©

I'm not sure the "back ten" goals stat means anything at all. It doesn't win you points if other players score it's a slightly nonsensical measure I think (sorry that sounds rude, not meant to at all)?
If we're talking about threat from those around him, then i'd agree that there's not enough production from the wide players.

MJG

MATCH 23

Projected final table shows 92 points for 2nd and 75 for 6th.

Form every 6 games need to be 10 points to finish in playoffs.
Form every 6 games for 2nd needs to be 14pts.

Leeds were top last year. Form wise 2nd half of season they were 10th.....never know

Jim©

Thanks for this. Interesting about last years stats being 100% identical to the ones we now see.
I also read that Leeds have used few players this season (quote was from Bielsa) though I think they, us and West Brom have all used 23. So little hope of burnout (perhaps it's all the falling over that injured them last season)>

The Rock

I went back and looked, during our 2017-18 promotion season we were on 32 points after 23 games. Granted it is highly unlikely we will go on a 23 game unbeaten run, if we sign some defenders we can potentially get to those automatic promotion spots when Leeds hit their rough patch. Usually starts by now though.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rock on December 23, 2019, 08:21:06 PM
I went back and looked, during our 2017-18 promotion season we were on 32 points after 23 games. Granted it is highly unlikely we will go on a 23 game unbeaten run, if we sign some defenders we can potentially get to those automatic promotion spots when Leeds hit their rough patch. Usually starts by now though.

and that is the key, if we can sign some defenders.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Top 5 players who have staerted 8 or more games and their points per game stat. Missing 4 from yesterday

MJG

This season:

Games 1-8: 12 Points
Games 9-16: 14 Points
Games 17-24: 13 Points

Borderline 6th or 7th form for a championship team.

MJG

Possession averages:

Wins: 60%
Draws: 64%
Losses: 66%

Average number of passes per game

Wins: 582
Draws: 528
Losses: 598

Average number of Long Balls in a game

Wins: 61
Draws: 61
Losses: 61

Average number of Crosses in a game

Wins: 15
Draws: 23
Losses: 32

MJG

9 points behind at 25 games not impossible, but not been done at this stage over last ten years.

5 teams in last 10 years have made a top 2 place when outside them at 25 games. Gaps have been 1,2,6,7, and 8 pts.

Only 1 team in last 10 years has been 2nd and had more than 51 points at 25 games.
Next best was 50 points.

Will need WBA/Leeds and Fulham to do special things to either miss out or make top 2

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2019, 10:23:51 AM
9 points behind at 25 games not impossible, but not been done at this stage over last ten years.

5 teams in last 10 years have made a top 2 place when outside them at 25 games. Gaps have been 1,2,6,7, and 8 pts.

Only 1 team in last 10 years has been 2nd and had more than 51 points at 25 games.
Next best was 50 points.

Will need WBA/Leeds and Fulham to do special things to either miss out or make top 2
that said we should have done it two seasons ago but bottled it at Birmingham, how many points were we behind in Cardiff at the 25 game mark
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on December 30, 2019, 02:29:27 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2019, 10:23:51 AM

Next best was 50 points.

that said we should have done it two seasons ago but bottled it at Birmingham, how many points were we behind in Cardiff at the 25 game mark
11 points behind

MJG

Game 27 update

2nd place now at 89 Points
6th at 73 points

Top with 53 Points at 27 games, only 2 teams in last 10 years have been lower and one had 53
2nd with 52 Points at 27 games is bang on average over last 10 years
3rd with 46 Points joint lowest in last 10 years

MJG

Had a look at table at 27 games over last 10 years and these are the number of points on average those top 6 postions increase by.

Also had a look at Slavs 3 good seasons in championship plus Norwich last year....what we need to do to be 2nd.

MJG

The Rational Fan

Quote from: MJG on December 27, 2019, 08:21:17 AM
Possession averages:
Losses: 66%

Wins: 582
Losses: 598

Wins: 61
Draws: 61
Losses: 61

Average number of Crosses in a game
Wins: 15
Draws: 23
Losses: 32

Wow, your statistics show Fulham get better results when having less possession and it also indirectly shows a possession game results in the final ball more likely to be a cross. Whoscored also indicates that one in every 67 crosses are ending up as goals and 1 in every 81 corners are ending up as goals, so other methods of attack work better for us. Makes sense that if we don't transition quickly from "winning the ball' to "attacking in their third" we will face a low block double bus when we get there and have to lob in it over the top.

MJG

UPDATED

Possession averages:

Losses: 67%

Wins: 567
Losses: 597

Wins: 64