watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Homegrown players

Started by We Are Premier League, July 22, 2019, 09:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

I think we need two homegrown signings, hopefully a CB and CM...

I understand that we need at least 7 homegrown or U21 players in every squad.

This is the qualifying players I have ben able to source from various websites. The list isn't very long so it looks to be quite a constrain on the matchdays quad if we can get a couple of more in.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/844127

Cairney
Bryan
Mawson
Betts
Rodak
Fonte
+ all the young, most prominent S. Sess

aaronmcguigan

Betts, Rodak,
Cyrus, Bryan, Mawson, S Sess
Cairney

Would expect most other signings if any, to include players on loan  from big teams academies to help that quota rather than the foreign leagues, or buys like Taylor Crossdale , , but I'd expect the above 7 to be in 90% of the matchday squads, and if not, replaced by one of the academy crew.

Probably why it makes sense to get rid of Fabri as well. Also the player who we want as a makeweight in the spurs Sess deal will surely be an academy graduate who meets the quota given our coaching teams experience

Statto

The CBs we've been linked with (Tomori and Hector) would be HG as will all our youth players as the OP says. Have to say that seems fine to me.

RP24

Kmac is scottish so surely he counts as home grown as well.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on July 22, 2019, 10:28:38 AM

They have to have been developed in England. McDonald's youth career was in Scotland.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on July 22, 2019, 10:28:38 AM

Has to be at an EFL or EPL club.  Doesn't matter the nationality, for example Fonte will count, as will De La Torre. Their youth careers under the age of 19 have been with English clubs

RP24

Never knew that, thanks for clearing it up. I always thought home grown included anywhere in the uk.

fulhamben

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on July 22, 2019, 11:20:07 AM
Never knew that, thanks for clearing it up. I always thought home grown included anywhere in the uk.
England and Wales I believe
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Regulations from the EFL site as posted on the other thread...

33.8 Home Grown Players.

Each Club shall be required to nominate a minimum of seven Home Grown Players on their Team Sheet of Players for all League Competition Matches (including Play Off Matches).

Guidance

Home Grown – Carabao Cup, EFL Trophy and FA Cup matches are exempt from the Home Grown quota.

33.9 'Home Grown Player' shall mean a Player who irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with:-

33.9.1 his current Club; and/or

33.9.2 a Club and/or any other football club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales,

for a period, continuous or not of three Seasons or 36 months prior to his 21 birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21).  For the purposes of this definition of Home Grown Player only, a Season will be deemed to commence for all Clubs on the same date as the date on which the Summer Transfer Window in that Season closes for Clubs in Leagues One and Two, and expire on the date of the final League Match of the Season.

The Rational Fan

I think it would very wise to raid some of the lower Championship Teams for a few of their homegrown regulars as bench players for us (particularly a LB, AM and LW) maybe £1.5m each, we need to be able rest Bryan, Cairney and our wingers especially at the end of midweek games. As for RB and RCB, I would wait until we can afford a major long-term upgrade on Cyrus Christie and Denis Odoi, which will be expensive at least £6m each.

We Are Premier League

CB, CM, RB and in that order of priority for me.

With 3 CM, we need a total of >12000minutes to be played by our combined CMs (and that does not include any cup games).

In our promotion season:
Johansen played in 45 of the 46 games, 3600 minutes
Mcdonald played in 42 out of 46 gmaes, 3700 minutes
Cairney made 34 games and 2800 minutes.
It is a big ask to think that they will be able to replicate that achievement. If they do, it still leaves 2800minutes for Anguissa.

I dont think anyone would be happy to start the season with 4 forwards (for 3 positions), so i really think we need to add one more to CM.