watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Betts A Wanted Man.

Started by Mince n Tatties, July 23, 2019, 01:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

According to reports Villa and Bournemouth interested.
If it happens do Rodak or Fabri step in,or do we
go after someone else?

hovewhite

grandad

Not seen these "reports". Can you direct me to them please.
Where there's a will there's a wife

twang

Would be daft to sell Betts, unless we get a crazy offer. Solid Championship keeper at a good age who knows and has played with every defender at the club.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: grandad on July 23, 2019, 02:11:29 PM
Not seen these "reports". Can you direct me to them please.

Read White JC Fulham Stuff.
Also on net and recent radio.

Peabody

Saying that he wants Premiership. Football

OldBrownShoe

Preferably a dominating keeper with experience and positioning and who can catch the ball, rather than punch it in the continental manner.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Twig

Betts is a shoe in as a top three Championship keeper and has the potential to settle in at Premiership level.  I hope he stays with us as I am not sure Rodak is quite ready and as for Fabri........no way.

sarnian

Quote from: Peabody on July 23, 2019, 02:52:14 PM

He wasn't playing premiership last season even before his injury. Not good on crosses and his distribution is pretty dire at times.

Looks like just a rumour started on another board saying he has not travelled to Oxford.

Only time will tell

FFC1987

Quote from: sarnian on July 23, 2019, 03:06:53 PM
Quote from: Peabody on July 23, 2019, 02:52:14 PM

He wasn't playing premiership last season even before his injury. Not good on crosses and his distribution is pretty dire at times.

Looks like just a rumour started on another board saying he has not travelled to Oxford.

Only time will tell

Good luck to him. I don't buy it but he certainly replaceable. 

junior white

If that's what he thinks, i say if, then perhaps he thinks he needs to to get back in the England set up. Personally was surprised he got called up in the first place. He is an adequate championship keeper, easily ok for any team looking for a top 6 positions, only reason to sell is if we have a good replacement lined up and we get a good price.

Not many keepers come and command their box these days, most of the top keepers these days seem to stay inside the 6 yard box and react than come for crosses (only seem to come out for 1 on 1's even then maybe not to the edge of the area so to speak). Betts isn't built to do what a keeper like De Gea does, he is slightly bigger than those keepers, he has the size to dominate the area but doesn't sadly. It will be a cas elf how you want to play dictates the keeper you have.

For me keep him this season he will help us up and then review the situation

JimmyConway

I have always though Bettenelli was decent but no more. His close reactions were his strength but crosses into the area i always thought he was very poor for someone with good height.
Only ever came for a cross if unopposed.
Good luck to him if he moves on and retains England call ups but personally think there are better out there we could sign.

Statto

Quote from: Twig on July 23, 2019, 03:02:48 PM
Betts is a shoe in as a top three Championship keeper and has the potential to settle in at Premiership level.  I hope he stays with us as I am not sure Rodak is quite ready and as for Fabri........no way.

Can't agree with that, sorry. Championship top 6 but only just.

Riversider

Villa don't want him , Jack Butland is their main target but stoke won't lower their price, and Tom Heaton is their second choice.

Facts Not Fiction

Respect what he's done for the club, but he wouldn't be a major loss.

Rodak would comfortably step in IMO.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on July 23, 2019, 04:08:21 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 23, 2019, 03:02:48 PM

Can't agree with that, sorry. Championship top 6 but only just.

I'm not convinced by that statement either to be honest. With form and adding consistency to his game, maybe but I feel he can swing from top 6 to mid table during the course of a season. I like him though and think he's got more to give.

filham

Don't really believe it. I like Betts and think he will do a reasonable job in the championship for us this season but would have thought a premier league side would have been looking for someone a shade better.

Talk of anyone leaving at this late stage in the window is always a concern as it leaves little time to find a good replacement.

Two Ton Ted

IMO Betts is a good shot stopper but his distribution is poor and he's not commanding around the six yard box.

I've not seen Rodak or Fabri play, but there are a lot of better keepers out there available - Begovic at AFCB or McCarthy at Saints to name but two.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

SuffolkWhite

Did we have a trialist GK in one of the friendlies?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Nero

If he foes to Bournemouth we'll take Bergovic, but I dont see him as a 1st teamer for either side