News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where do you think we’ll finish? Almost ideal team (on paper)

Started by smallfulhamman, July 25, 2019, 02:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

16th? Wow, people have got a massive, massive downer on us.
I'd ideally like a RB and GK, but if we make do with what we have it'd be a poor performance NOT to finish top 6.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Statto on July 25, 2019, 02:33:11 PM
If Anguissa leaves then I'd revise my prediction down to 4th-8th, or worse.

Biggest current concerns are
(1) having to integrate a new CB who'll almost certainly be signed on deadline day and may (given TK's form) be crap and/or injured, and
(2) having hardly any injury cover in central midfield.

If Anguissa goes both those concerns double immediately - an additional player to sign/intergrate and even less cover in midfield.

I knew this window was looking too good to be true for that numpty TK  :doh: :doh:
I agree with Statto (and MJG).
Also we could be going into another campaign without proper cover for Mito.

S.F.Sorrow

If Anguissa leaves I change my prediction from 7th to 11th. We won't have a settled squad for the start of the season (AGAIN!!!) and not enough depth in several positions.

Lyle from Hangeland

We're going to win the whole kit and caboodle. Put it on the board. I have a feeling.

SP

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 25, 2019, 06:26:39 PM
We're going to win the whole kit and caboodle. Put it on board. I have a feeling.

I agree, no need for the playoffs this time hopefully.  I keep seeing we have to chase Leeds but I have absolutely no idea why people are tipping them?  Perhaps they've signed more players than just the guy from Wolves who didn't have a brilliant season last year.

SP

Woolly Mammoth

As it stands at the moment, I cannot see us finishing in top six let alone top two. With my expectations lower, I would not be too disappointed if we don't make it.
However, there is still a couple of weeks to improve the team, you never know what's round the corner, at least a quality powerful centre back who can fit like a glove into our set up. Otherwise I fear we may concede more goals that we can afford.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Old Count

Relegation. Nailed on.

Well! I thought it'd be fun to be even more of a miserable old count than some on here.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

9th with the squad we currently have minus zambo and sess
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Number Six

Think we will know more after the West Ham game.

I'm still wary that the Championship will be a better league than we remember. Don't want us making the same mistakes and assuming we will just walk it.

I do think Knockaert and AK will do very well this season. But can our defence hold out?

So.. on current projections I would say we could well be 2nd or 3rd.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 25, 2019, 05:19:27 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 25, 2019, 02:33:11 PM
If Anguissa leaves then I'd revise my prediction down to 4th-8th, or worse.

Biggest current concerns are
(1) having to integrate a new CB who'll almost certainly be signed on deadline day and may (given TK's form) be crap and/or injured, and
(2) having hardly any injury cover in central midfield.

If Anguissa goes both those concerns double immediately - an additional player to sign/intergrate and even less cover in midfield.

I knew this window was looking too good to be true for that numpty TK  :doh: :doh:
I agree with Statto (and MJG).
Also we could be going into another campaign without proper cover for Mito.

I know people are calling out for a new RB and RCB, but I really don't like the idea of selling Anguissa to get defenders. I think we should just accept the the front four Cairney, Knockaert, Mitro and Calv can score a lot of goals hopefully two per game, while Betts, Chrisite/Odoi, Mawson, Ream/MLM, Bryan, KMac/Stefjo and Anguissa aren't going to be the best defence in the league but they not too bad either and can probably keep the count under 52 goals conceeded per season.

ALG01

I am vastly impressed by the optimism.
No full backs worthy of the name (I think Bryan is massively overated he is just OK but at best that), a potential sick note in Mawsom, MLM is nightmare waiting to happen. For us to do well we need S Sess to become a top RB immediately and maybe he will be, to get rid of anguissa (I know morst of you disagree but I am sure about this) we obtain another 'proper CB' and potentially another center forward but with the squad as it is lower half, possibly bottom 8. This does not appear to me to be a balanced squad. again.
The two new signings were good but it is a job half done.

When M Adams and M MacDionald took over, I knew instantly we were  in good hands but Scott has the same handicap as his predesessor, the squad is not right.

toshes mate

Quote from: ALG01 on July 26, 2019, 10:28:48 AM
No full backs worthy of the name (I think Bryan is massively overated he is just OK but at best that), a potential sick note in Mawsom, MLM is nightmare waiting to happen. For us to do well we need S Sess to become a top RB immediately and maybe he will be, to get rid of anguissa (I know morst of you disagree but I am sure about this) we obtain another 'proper CB' and potentially another center forward but with the squad as it is lower half, possibly bottom 8. This does not appear to me to be a balanced squad. again.

When M Adams and M MacDionald took over, I knew instantly we were  in good hands but Scott has the same handicap as his predesessor, the squad is not right.
I largely agree with this but a part of me acknowledges that SP is the huge unknown in all this and I am keeping faith that he will know how to get players adapting to a regime that lives with the fear of being called not good enough by proving otherwise.  SJ managed to turn us around with some apparently fairly average players on board and I am hoping SP can do much the same.  But I do admit it is a big ask.

ALG01

Quote from: toshes mate on July 26, 2019, 10:48:27 AM

I largely agree with this but a part of me acknowledges that SP is the huge unknown in all this and I am keeping faith that he will know how to get players adapting to a regime that lives with the fear of being called not good enough by proving otherwise.  SJ managed to turn us around with some apparently fairly average players on board and I am hoping SP can do much the same.  But I do admit it is a big ask.

Even if my general analysis is a bit too downbeat for the optimistic ones and mawsom stays fir and anguissa turns into a committed world beater, we do not have the FBs of the quality we had in the two last seasons of the Championship and they were a massive part of those two campaigns.

fulhamfan

agree with this

Number Six

Good post!

We need to strengthen in defence - particularly at RB, is the summary I think!

hovewhite

Facts Not Fiction

You forget how shockingly awful 80% of this league is.

And on what basis is Bryan massively overrated?