watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mawson off injured with a knee injury

Started by JoelH5, July 27, 2019, 04:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

It's always sad for the player that is injured. Knees are never good and they take a long time to repair. Hopefully we can pick up a centre half in the next couple of weeks  but we will be ready to go next week whoever we put out coyw let's hit the ground running

JoelH5

Yeah it's a great shame. Hope it isnt too bad. Must be super frustrating for him. I thought he'd be great for us this year. 
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ALG01

when we got him I said it was an error to sign an injured player... again
then when he was recovering and injured himself tieing up his boots I saud it was error to sign an injured player again
and all through this pre season and from the time last season finished I said do not rely on him he will not play 10 full games because he was injured

and I was told I was a doom and gloom merchant and he had recovered and would be our main man this season

seems I know more than many on here, largely because I have seen it all before and know how to use my eyes and ears properly.

I am sorry for the lad, not his fault our DoF is arrogant, negligent, useless and only and very unfortunately here because of his dad. Our DoF is so useless that if he was in a government department the governement would fall because of keeping an incompetent in place. He does not learn from errors and is strangling the lifeblood from us.

I loved the booklet this morning with my season ticket and the beautiful pacjkaging but I would swap that for a man that knew what he was doing in charge.

Oh and another thing, from the highlits I saw on the westr ham site (they have the decency to put them up quickly) MLM and bryan look way below the required quality...bryan never knows wheether to tackle or back off and MLM is just a poor excuse.

Bottom 8 nailed on

Herbie

There was always going to be an injury during pre-season, or at the least in the first few weeks of the season?  The question is have we got the depth with the youth players to provide the backup

GJB

Quote from: ALG01 on July 27, 2019, 09:54:28 PM
then when he was recovering and injured himself tieing up his boots I saud it was error to sign an injured player again
and all through this pre season and from the time last season finished I said do not rely on him he will not play 10 full games because he was injured

and I was told I was a doom and gloom merchant and he had recovered and would be our main man this season

seems I know more than many on here, largely because I have seen it all before and know how to use my eyes and ears properly.

I am sorry for the lad, not his fault our DoF is arrogant, negligent, useless and only and very unfortunately here because of his dad. Our DoF is so useless that if he was in a government department the governement would fall because of keeping an incompetent in place. He does not learn from errors and is strangling the lifeblood from us.

I loved the booklet this morning with my season ticket and the beautiful pacjkaging but I would swap that for a man that knew what he was doing in charge.

Oh and another thing, from the highlits I saw on the westr ham site (they have the decency to put them up quickly) MLM and bryan look way below the required quality...bryan never knows wheether to tackle or back off and MLM is just a poor excuse.

Bottom 8 nailed on

Which sixteen teams do you think are "nailed on" better than us this season?

I'm unsure how the West Ham highlights portrayed him, but from what I saw at the Cottage today Bryan made crucial tackles, looked comfortable in defence and he made Anderson look very average. He's the least of our worries at the back this season.

"I feel sorry for the lad, not his fault our DOF is arrogant, negligent, useless" - Are you trying to suggest here Tony Khan caused Mawson's injury today, which is why you're sorry? Or that people are blaming Mawson stating it's his fault for Tony Khan's decision-making as DOF, which is why you feel sorry??

Fulham Tup North

Bottom 8 nailed on

Thank you Dr Algo1!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Sting of the North

As expected, there is an almost impressive lack of reason on here tonight.

Even if you dislike TK, and even if you pretend (like some on here) that you know more than the medical team assessing our potential signings, many comments on here are complete childish nonsense, in my opinion. Most likely Mawson was cleared by FFC's doctor's before we signed him, and if so it was not an unreasonable move at the time. His new injury is of course mostly down to bad luck (unless he wasn't cleared at signing), even if there was an increased risk. In my opinion that is, although obviously many on here knows much better (because reasons). 

ALG01

Quote from: GJB on July 27, 2019, 10:27:52 PM

Bottom 8 nailed on

Which sixteen teams do you think are "nailed on" better than us this season?

I'm unsure how the West Ham highlights portrayed him, but from what I saw at the Cottage today Bryan made crucial tackles, looked comfortable in defence and he made Anderson look very average. He's the least of our worries at the back this season.

"I feel sorry for the lad, not his fault our DOF is arrogant, negligent, useless" - Are you trying to suggest here Tony Khan caused Mawson's injury today, which is why you're sorry? Or that people are blaming Mawson stating it's his fault for Tony Khan's decision-making as DOF, which is why you feel sorry??

we signed mawsom when he was already injured and it was obvious he would remain so especially the boot lace incident confirmed that.

we are poor bottom 8 is most likely as we have no defence.

bryan? he was poor in the highlits displaying all the weakness he showed last season when defending. he gets caught in no mans land endlessly and cannot decided whether to close or back off consequently does neither. If you say he did ok because younwere at the game I have to believe you, the bits I saw were not like that.

ALG01

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 27, 2019, 11:50:43 PM

Bottom 8 nailed on

Thank you Dr Algo1!

thank you but I do stress I am just appying years of experience. when you sign an apparently top player, beating off top opposition, but the player is already crocked, he usually remains so. it is experience. I wuld love for him to be healthy but he is unlikely so to be this season.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 28, 2019, 12:21:39 AM

Even if you dislike TK, and even if you pretend (like some on here) that you know more than the medical team assessing our potential signings, many comments on here are complete childish nonsense, in my opinion. Most likely Mawson was cleared by FFC's doctor's before we signed him, and if so it was not an unreasonable move at the time. His new injury is of course mostly down to bad luck (unless he wasn't cleared at signing), even if there was an increased risk. In my opinion that is, although obviously many on here knows much better (because reasons).

How is it childish to suggest that a player who had a serious injury, in a position we desperately needed upgrading at the time, was the solution when subsequently, we have hindsight to say he wasn't a success last season as when he did play, he looked out of his depth (Watford is a good example), then was injured for large parts of it, and now this season, he might not kick a ball or at best, be back after a lengthy spell? Personally, I like Mawson and had huge hopes for him this year but come on man, we can't currently suggest its in any way shape or form, right now, a decent return on investment or a success. It's turned out to be a poor recruitment, but thats fine, it happens....sadly, our 100m investment has barely transferred into this seasons squad and thats a serious issue for us.   

ALG01

I hate to disagree. there was no bad luck in this. mawsom was clearly injured when we got and yet still pursued the venture. we have repeated this error a numer of times. Our medical team is either 10th rate, and it may be, or TK just overukes them because he believes the player will recover, which he is very unlikely too. maybe it was all a scare and he will make a spectacular recovery but I do not expect him to play 10 full games this season. i wish it were otherwise. And for your information I do happen to know better because I use my eyes and my experience and my knowledge to properly asses the situation. TK has proven himself to be nxt to useless becase he is to arrogant to learn.

whilst a pre season friendly deeat does not bother me, the manner of losing is a concern. unless we get a new defence that is fit, quick and committed quickly we will be bottom 8 for sure. certainly hope we do not get to deadline day and bring in loads more panic dross! I am staggered there are people defending the blantantly obvious

mrmicawbers

Poor fellow hope he's ok soon.poo happens and this could have happened during the season. Don't you think they plan for this?The blessing in disguise is that it has happened early,before the window shuts. I will be totally surprised if we don't get people in to fill positions that need addressing. There are people on here that want us to fail so there TK agenda is valid.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ALG01 on July 28, 2019, 12:33:44 AM

I hate to disagree. there was no bad luck in this. mawsom was clearly injured when we got and yet still pursued the venture. we have repeated this error a numer of times. Our medical team is either 10th rate, and it may be, or TK just overukes them because he believes the player will recover, which he is very unlikely too. maybe it was all a scare and he will make a spectacular recovery but I do not expect him to play 10 full games this season. i wish it were otherwise. And for your information I do happen to know better because I use my eyes and my experience and my knowledge to properly asses the situation. TK has proven himself to be nxt to useless becase he is to arrogant to learn.

whilst a pre season friendly deeat does not bother me, the manner of losing is a concern. unless we get a new defence that is fit, quick and committed quickly we will be bottom 8 for sure. certainly hope we do not get to deadline day and bring in loads more panic dross! I am staggered there are people defending the blantantly obvious

Everyone knows that Mawson was recovering from an injury. What other injured players that stayed injured have we acquired under TK? Nordveit?

You state that either our medical team is 10th rate, or that TK disregards them, but then also states that both are unlikely (or that is how I read it, but not entirely clear). What is your guess, is it the medical team or TK?

I am also sorry to have to disagree with you, but your "eyes" and "experience" adds nothing to your post unless you actually have any actual knowledge or real experience with situations such as this (which I assume you would have been happy to share would you have any). I can also claim to know better than other people, but that doesn't make it true. Plenty of players have recovered from various injuries (even knee injuries) and gone on to play successfully for many years afterwards.

FFC1987

Quote from: mrmicawbers on July 28, 2019, 12:46:23 AM
Poor fellow hope he's ok soon.poo happens and this could have happened during the season. Don't you think they plan for this?The blessing in disguise is that it has happened early,before the window shuts. I will be totally surprised if we don't get people in to fill positions that need addressing. There are people on here that want us to fail so there TK agenda is valid.

Quite the contrary. Most TK haters want him to succeed for the good of Fulham so they don't have something to moan about. (or something else to moan about). No one  wants Fulham to fail.

YankeeJim

Alg01

Opinions are fine and you are certainly entitled to yours.
I have one question, since the team is so poorly run and it makes so many poor decision in personnel and generally is staffed by idiots and incompetents, why do you waste your time with FFC? All this whining and crying has to be painful for you.
Just wondering.
Cheers. 
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Sting of the North

I don't think anyone on here wants TK to fail, since that is bad for FFC.

HillingdonFFC

Read some wierd stuff about Mawson tonight. Admittedly it has turned out to be a disastrous signing for both parties & people are understandably exasperated but blaming the club & TK etc is bloody ludicrous.
Lets get a few things straight, Alfie Mawson had no history of knee problems, he had avoided injuries through his career, he had just come off a season where he was ever present. We're not talking about a Darren Anderton, Jack Wilshere etc, this is/was a player who was rarely in the treatment room.
He had a routine operation & I dont apologize for repeating that because some medical experts on here are talking about him as if he had reconstructive knee surgery or had chronic issues with ligaments, he went in to have his cartilage cleaned up & little bit of fat removed. It was a supposedly very straightforward procedure.
When we were in the process of signing him, there were two other clubs trying to get him, one in particular were very keen & thought they had him tied up. He had trained on his own & was on the road to fitness, obviously a few weeks behind the rest.
He underwent a stringent medical, as you would expect when you're talking about the money involved. He was passed fit, Fulham or any other club would have signed him.
Getting injured while taking his boot off is nonsense too, he felt something go before half time & it popped when he tried to take it off. He wasnt happy with the knee prior to then. Was playing with a bit of discomfort but was told it would pass.
Its obvious something not right, its a shame for him because hes worked very hard to get fit, he was only saying in the week he feels fit & is raring to show Fulham fans what he can do. Hes had no luck whatsoever, its clear he now has an issue with his knee but when we signed him he was a player not sidelined but back in training, No way have Swansea had us over or the clubs hierachy been negligent.
Unfortunately its just one of those things. Hes got a scan in the morning & is walking about. They dont think hes done anything too drastic but will find out tomorrow for sure

Sting of the North

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 28, 2019, 12:49:46 AM
Alg01

Opinions are fine and you are certainly entitled to yours.
I have one question, since the team is so poorly run and it makes so many poor decision in personnel and generally is staffed by idiots and incompetents, why do you waste your time with FFC? All this whining and crying has to be painful for you.
Just wondering.
Cheers.

If you actually think he is entitled to his opinion, then you maybe shouldn't call it "whining and crying" and imply that he shouldn't bother with FFC. Do you really think that a fan should abandon their club just because he is of the opinion that it is poorly run?

70sPimlico

Bottom 8 nailed on

I just cant believe that people would call you a gloom merchant. That's a strange one

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 28, 2019, 12:50:08 AM

I don't think anyone on here wants TK to fail, since that is bad for FFC.
Not how I read some of the posts on here. You would think we all want our team to do well.There are some posters on here would have us fail to back up ther theory our owners don't no what there doing. I will give them until the window shuts before I make my mind up.Until then I will give them the benefit of the doubt.