Is this the worst photoshop ever??

Started by os5889, October 31, 2010, 07:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

os5889

Clint looks like Sid from Ice Age  :005:

sipwell

Moussa looks sexy though :004: :004: :004:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

finnster01

That is quite possibly the nastiest kit I have seen since the fluorescent green one.

And somebody please explain to me why they have to change the badge with every one of them? That silly faded one of this year also has the badge changed.

I am obviously far too old and all that, and I never liked the new badge in the first place when it replaced the old one, but you do not mess with the badge. That is sacred.

I guess I have to go and stick my head into the closet and drag out my old Toffs Johnny Haynes 1950'ies and kiss that badge. If anyone wants to buy one, here is the link. It is smashing and very good quality cotton on top ...http://www.toffs.com/invt/1089/&source=ofs?source=ofs

All this new stuff just to squeeze a few extra bob out of the punter is just not right in my book.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on November 01, 2010, 09:19:51 AM
That is quite possibly the nastiest kit I have seen since the fluorescent green one.

And somebody please explain to me why they have to change the badge with every one of them? That silly faded one of this year also has the badge changed.

I am obviously far too old and all that, and I never liked the new badge in the first place when it replaced the old one, but you do not mess with the badge. That is sacred.

I guess I have to go and stick my head into the closet and drag out my old Toffs Johnny Haynes 1950'ies and kiss that badge. If anyone wants to buy one, here is the link. It is smashing and very good quality cotton on top ...http://www.toffs.com/invt/1089/&source=ofs?source=ofs

All this new stuff just to squeeze a few extra bob out of the punter is just not right in my book.

you cynic Finnster. I like the green shirt and will be buying it, makes a change from our usual black/white/red kits.

I dont see it as the club trying to rip me off, no-one HAS to buy all three shirts, I think they just give people more choice on what to wear...

finnster01

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 01, 2010, 10:30:53 AM

you cynic Finnster. I like the green shirt and will be buying it, makes a change from our usual black/white/red kits.

I dont see it as the club trying to rip me off, no-one HAS to buy all three shirts, I think they just give people more choice on what to wear...
As I said Mr MAF,
I am old and getting older. This shirt buying race I can't keep up with anymore. Seems to be a new one coming out every week.The beauty of my old Johnny Haynes cotton one, is that it has no sponsor on the front, looks dashing, and has done me good for years including the final at Hamburg last season. Always loads of compliments. I will be wearing it again next week (and next season) with a smile :wine:

fulhamwannabe

the shirts are defenitely great,i'd buy one anytime,but why the stupid photo?why not take a proper photograph with 3 or 4 of the good looking ones?take riise,AJ,kamara and greening for example  :045: cos danny,demps and dembele,they look awful  :020:

finnster01

I know we were a tad conservative under Roy, but having 11 men in goalies uniforms is a bit much even for me to stomach :red:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on November 01, 2010, 10:43:12 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 01, 2010, 10:30:53 AM

As I said Mr MAF,
I am old and getting older. This shirt buying race I can't keep up with anymore. Seems to be a new one coming out every week.The beauty of my old Johnny Haynes cotton one, is that it has no sponsor on the front, looks dashing, and has done me good for years including the final at Hamburg last season. Always loads of compliments. I will be wearing it again next week (and next season) with a smile :wine:

My friends  bought me a Toffs Fulham shirt for my birthday (1975 FA Cup Final shirt) which is not only really comfortable but doesn't make me look like a chav if I wear it.

My only problem with it, is that I feel like a bit of a fraud since I was not born until 12 years after the aforementioned cup final

finnster01

I never saw Johnny Haynes play either (but was pretty close). I have no shame in wearing his jersey though. In fact, I like to think he actually approves sitting next to the great man upstairs watching our matches every weekend. Part of why I try to light the Fulham candle every week too, as I think it works (because we hardly ever lose when I do it) :clap_hands:

Burt

Mr Finn sir, I won't hear a word said against the flourescent green number from the 80s. Absolutely loved it...  :dft011:

LordNelson

Amen, brother Finn, as to the bile coloured "kits."  And we performed horribly in them--cursed I tell ya.

"Hey, teacha,.........leave that badge alone!"

The lads look like bobble-head dolls in the photo.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

deecee

What I can't understand is why you wouldn't take photos of the lads in their home kits and photoshop them into the green monstrosities, rather than glueing lollipop heads onto the green shirts from a Kappa catalogue.  :doh:

K33NY

Hello lads, my second post here, Ill try get to post more, just steping in carefully  :54:

I must say I dont like the third  kit :S

I have been Fulham fan since I was a kid, but living in Norway didnt help much for info for the club, so I never got to understand the badge thing, I know there was an older badge years ago, and It actually looked beautiful in my eyes, why did they change it?

As said just slowly steppin in the forums here lads trying to get to know the site, since theire aint not much of Fulham supporters in Norway it would be fun taking part here ;D

ImperialWhite

Quote from: K33NY on November 02, 2010, 03:06:10 PM
Hello lads, my second post here, Ill try get to post more, just steping in carefully  :54:

I must say I dont like the third  kit :S

I have been Fulham fan since I was a kid, but living in Norway didnt help much for info for the club, so I never got to understand the badge thing, I know there was an older badge years ago, and It actually looked beautiful in my eyes, why did they change it?

As said just slowly steppin in the forums here lads trying to get to know the site, since theire aint not much of Fulham supporters in Norway it would be fun taking part here ;D

Welcome to the forum!

With regards to your question, I believe merchandising had much to do with it; they wanted a new badge which they could protect by trademark (and obviously, they wouldn't be allowed to trademark the Hammersmith and Fulham borough coat of arms). I believe this is the case for a number of football clubs.

I also think the H&F badge is much better than our current one.

K33NY

Thanks for the answer :)

Yeah I must say that our new one doesnt have the same glow to it, but still its our badge and I honor it and are always proud of wearing my Fulham shirt! :D

haha I still can remember the day I got my first Fulham shirt, on a summer warm day so I wanted to wear it :) and at the grocerie store, the first thing I met in the door, there was an chelsea fan with shirt....

HatterDon

Welcome to the site, sir. You're one of several Norwegians who posts here, and I believe there's even an official Norway Fulham Supporters Club, so ... for better or worse ... you are not alone!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

K33NY

Yeah there is, but in the days I visited the site there werent much activity there, maybe i will try look at it again ;) I dont how many FFC supporters there are in Norway though, I think its very spread, because i dont know one person of my friends or people I have met that is Fulham supporter, they are all manu, chelsea, arsenal or liverpool fans, my uncle said to me just the other day, why cheer for Fulham? they have never won the PL, never achieved anything, and will be a looong time until they get a 09-10 seaon again. He always says stuff like that, I sent, i dont care about that Fulham never have won PL, the reason I love Fulham is because its a club with passion, history, charm, I will never turn my back on Fulham IF they would have a bad season falling out of premiership, I will always support Fulham, one day I will get a tattoo on my chest with both new and old Fulham badge, and the day I get buried I wont be in a nice black suit, i will be buried with a Fulham shirt, because I am Fulham til I die, and even beyond that ;) thats what I told him, then I gave him the link to the video of Fulham FC a proper footbal club thats on youtube ;) after that he didnt say a thing. And they know how much I love Fulham, many of my friends and some uncles said even they respect me for cheering on a smaller footbal club and not like many others do, go cheer for the winning teams and the biggest teams.

LBNo11

...K33NY, if you are on facebook join the Norwegian fansite - they are pretty busy on there.

Re the old green and blue away kit from 1998(?) I still had a reasonable enough physique back then to wear it, and people could see you for miles!

In the winter, many who know me will recognise my battered old green and blue hat with the real badge on it...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

K33NY

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 02, 2010, 05:51:03 PM
...K33NY, if you are on facebook join the Norwegian fansite - they are pretty busy on there.

Re the old green and blue away kit from 1998(?) I still had a reasonable enough physique back then to wear it, and people could see you for miles!

In the winter, many who know me will recognise my battered old green and blue hat with the real badge on it...

I will! thank you :D yeah I remember that kit xD