more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In house fighting

Started by Finnans Right Peg, August 05, 2019, 11:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkCity

Quote from: Russianrob on August 05, 2019, 04:03:41 PM
Personal Advice.Never post on here under the influence of alcohol especially after watching one of our bad performances.There have been too many of them of late but that is no excuse alas!

Thanks, I will try to remember that
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Twig

Quote from: Fulham 442 on August 07, 2019, 10:03:30 AM

Unfortunately, at times, some good threads descend into a few people having a go at each other over different opinions and this is when I stop reading those posters comments. I'm sure they may well be making very interesting points but I really can't be bothered to read them.

I agree. Also people making offensive comments under the guise of having a laugh/wind up etc. The atmosphere on this board has certainly not been as congenial as in the past imo. We are all frustrated by what has/is happening in the transfer window and on the pitch and although healthy debate is good topics either go "off piste" or descend into a slanging match.

There are certainly a small number whose bluntness and use of f*****ing asterisks is pretty depressing. Just being rude or dismissive to other FoFers isn't clever in my opinion.

Logicalman

Personal Advice.Never post on here under the influence of alcohol especially after watching one of our bad performances.There have been too many of them of late but that is no excuse alas!

Should make for many a quiet Saturday night on here then, if the Barnsley match is a picture of what's to come!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

JoelH5

Quote from: Logicalman on August 07, 2019, 12:40:09 PM

Should make for many a quiet Saturday night on here then, if the Barnsley match is a picture of what's to come!

The difficulty is, should he play? He's understandably got a lot of other things on his mind.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

jarv

Good post. I agree entirely. There used to be quite a lot of NFR which were jokes, comments (intelligent and amusing) and occasionally other light topics away from the football when the team is in a bad way. LIving in USA, I loved the posts about pubs etc in Putney/Fulham where I used to live. Makes me smile and brings back memories.

Twig

Quote from: jarv on August 07, 2019, 03:42:21 PM
Good post. I agree entirely. There used to be quite a lot of NFR which were jokes, comments (intelligent and amusing) and occasionally other light topics away from the football when the team is in a bad way. LIving in USA, I loved the posts about pubs etc in Putney/Fulham where I used to live. Makes me smile and brings back memories.

Did you ever go in the Dove? We always used to walk there after a game for a couple of pints. Too goody now, nowhere left to sit and just enjoy a drink (unless you grab a spot on the terrace on warmer evenings).