watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer buisiness

Started by ALG01, August 08, 2019, 09:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Seems like we may have got some goodish players.

Unfortunately TK, the cluless one, didn't spot we more desparately need a bunch of defenders, we will not outscre teams and we  are very unbalanced, that is very bad.

I do not know these new players so cannot make a proper value judgement but i am guessing my previous prediction of bottom 8 is more likely than less as a result of not getting a proper defence. I still think scott will be blamed and replaced in  november if things do not go well. I had really hoped we might just get a proper right back and a way better left back.

Facts Not Fiction

The issue with Parker has not been his control of the defence, but the lack of goals.

If he can't find a system that works with Mitro, Reid, Cavaleiro, Knockaert, Kamara, Ayite and more, he'll deserve the sack.

Lighthouse

But we haven't had decent defenders even in our promotion year. TK can't buy a decent defender. However by all means continue to point out the obvious all the time but also remember to enjoy the game once in a while. It is frustrating but we need to start enjoying following the club again. Good or bad.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ALG01

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 08, 2019, 10:08:45 PM
The issue with Parker has not been his control of the defence, but the lack of goals.

If he can't find a system that works with Mitro, Reid, Cavaleiro, Knockaert, Kamara, Ayite and more, he'll deserve the sack.

there are two issues. one as you say we are not looking potent and one has to wonder if it is the system not suiting.
But we have such a poor defence and so far the supply line to the front men is poor too so we shall see. In the end the squad once again IMO is far from right and that is not scott's fault the man that needs replacing is TK he is shooting us in the foot.

Lyle from Hangeland

There aren't really any great defenders out there.  We're fortunate just to have Mawson.

The Rational Fan

Only six teams (Leeds, Middlesbrough, WBA, Huddersfield, Stoke and Fulham) have three or more £3m+ defenders, the rest of the teams didn't acquire a defence on the transfer market and relying on passion to keep clean sheets. And, we have five £3m+ defenders which is one more than Huddersfield and Stoke; two more than Leeds, Middlesbough and WBA; plus three more than everyone else.

colinwhite

Interesting that you pin it all on Tk . He gets blamed for the signings that we dont bring in ,but never any credit for the ones we actually do sign. They are either down to someone else or just good fortune !!

KJS

Quote from: colinwhite on August 09, 2019, 05:39:06 AM
Interesting that you pin it all on Tk . He gets blamed for the signings that we dont bring in ,but never any credit for the ones we actually do sign. They are either down to someone else or just good fortune !!

Spot on unfortunately thr TK haters wear blinkers

SG

Let's be clear I don't hate TK. I have never met him and am unlikely to. This does not stop me or others being objective and critical of his performance. His transfer record is patchy at best. Of course he has brought in some good signings although the jury is out until we see this latest batch perform in our team. But surely nobody can deny that there are a high number of glaringly obvious expensive failures, particularly in the most recent few windows. Currently in the squad, being paid are Fabri, Fonte, Cisse and Djalo. Some £20m of fees for players that don't appear to be in this Manager's or previous managers plans. A handful of first team appearances between them. We have got until the end of the month to move them on overseas. To those four can be added the string of expensive failures from last season that we are still paying for in some instances. Totalling up the cost of his failures is eyewateringly painful and without doubt in my view most other people in his role would have been sacked. There is only one reason why he retains his position and that in my view is the biggest stain on SKs tenureship of our club.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: KJS on August 09, 2019, 05:41:45 AM

Spot on unfortunately thr TK haters wear blinkers

I think this team is better than the 2nd half of 17/18, because we have Knockaert at RW and Bobby Reid is backup AM (instead of Norwood) and backup CF (instead of Fonte), plus we have Mawson at CB for some of the season. Fredricks is a loss but he he only delivered seven assists and Christie will probably give four assists.

colinwhite

Rational criticism is fine with me ,its the constant blaming and superior attitude of some posters who think they know it all,  that gets on my wick !!

SG

Quote from: colinwhite on August 09, 2019, 06:14:22 AM
Rational criticism is fine with me ,its the constant blaming and superior attitude of some posters who think they know it all,  that gets on my wick !!

I would agree with you on that. There are a number who appear to know it all. I just skip over their comments

KJS

Quote from: SG on August 09, 2019, 06:04:13 AM
Let's be clear I don't hate TK. I have never met him and am unlikely to. This does not stop me or others being objective and critical of his performance. His transfer record is patchy at best. Of course he has brought in some good signings although the jury is out until we see this latest batch perform in our team. But surely nobody can deny that there are a high number of glaringly obvious expensive failures, particularly in the most recent few windows. Currently in the squad, being paid are Fabri, Fonte, Cisse and Djalo. Some £20m of fees for players that don't appear to be in this Manager's or previous managers plans. A handful of first team appearances between them. We have got until the end of the month to move them on overseas. To those four can be added the string of expensive failures from last season that we are still paying for in some instances. Totalling up the cost of his failures is eyewateringly painful and without doubt in my view most other people in his role would have been sacked. There is only one reason why he retains his position and that in my view is the biggest stain on SKs tenureship of our club.

The trouble is the TK haters only criticize him and don't give him credit for the work he and his team did in our promotion season

Facts Not Fiction

Adding another point, all our signings have come from the PL or the Championship, and all have at least 50 games experience at this level.

Add that to the fact that all our loans have options, Tony Khan has learnt his lesson from precious windows.

SG

Quote from: KJS on August 09, 2019, 06:31:11 AM

The trouble is the TK haters only criticize him and don't give him credit for the work he and his team did in our promotion season

Any good work in that season was undone the following season with our spectacularly awful relegation. Let's hope that these new signings click and we see a repeat of the promotion season

The Rational Fan

Quote from: SG on August 09, 2019, 06:41:30 AM
Quote from: KJS on August 09, 2019, 06:31:11 AM

Any good work in that season was undone the following season with our spectacularly awful relegation. Let's hope that these new signings click and we see a repeat of the promotion season

The good work of the promotion season even after relegation has allowed us to extended contracts, buy new players and justifiy upgrading our stadium. Norwich have got promoted and will get relegated but they will be better off even after relegation.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 09, 2019, 05:05:57 AM
Only six teams (Leeds, Middlesbrough, WBA, Huddersfield, Stoke and Fulham) have three or more £3m+ defenders, the rest of the teams didn't acquire a defence on the transfer market and relying on passion to keep clean sheets. And, we have five £3m+ defenders which is one more than Huddersfield and Stoke; two more than Leeds, Middlesbough and WBA; plus three more than everyone else.

and we still cannot keep a clean sheet, or pass to our own players in defensive areas.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

KingofCheese

This!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Statto

Quote from: colinwhite on August 09, 2019, 06:14:22 AM

I don't think I know it all but I do think I, and for that matter you, and most on this forum, could do a much better job than TK and possibly even AM (in relation to transfers)

hovewhite

TK is in the job,he's not going to go anywhere else anytime soon so we have to accept it!