Tony Khan interview

Started by Fernhurst, August 12, 2019, 08:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: ALG01 on August 12, 2019, 06:54:40 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on August 12, 2019, 06:33:05 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on August 12, 2019, 05:38:19 PM
having pieced together what TK said.
levy stiched us up with a late agreement. we all know what levy is like so that should not have been an unforeseen issue
we got a few really good signings this window, but somehow did not manage to get a defender becuase of Spurs... do me a favour that is delusional of a serial failure as DoF.
In business you are judged purely on results and in that capacity TK should have been removed from post a long time ago. I repeat wh\t I have said over and over and will continue to say, the man would not get a job at any proper profesional football club. That much remains the case today and we would be well rid of him despite a better transfer window this time because we are still playing russian roulette because of his failed methods and thinking.
that is not being negative it is merely stating cold hard facts.

My absolutely beautiful, special one granddaughter turned 21 last month. I remember some 15 years ago at a family gathering I was a bit cross over nothing of consequence. She climbed up in my lap, kissed me on the cheek and said "Poppy, please don't be a grumpy old man".  092.gif

my kids and grandkids do that too (more or less). But I am not here being grumpy, honest. This is wrong and I wamnt it to be right.

Fair enough.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Statto

I'm generally one of TK's biggest critics but most of the criticism on this thread seems to involve making far too much of little things like semantics, or just to be totally unrelated to the video. If you've got a criticism based on new information in the video, fine, but otherwise you're just giving ammunition to all the posters who'd rather dismiss challenging comments (with posts like "oh TK can't win with some people") than debate or think deeply about them.

One thing no one has mentioned is TK appears at times to have a mild speech impediment. I generally don't agree with comments like "a DOF doesn't have to do interviews" (the senior management of any well-run organisation will engage regularly with its shareholders, customers and other stakeholders) but I think TK would be entitled to shy away from video pieces to camera. IMO it adds to the credit he deserves for doing the video, and the fact they've not edited out the odd stutter adds to the sincerity of it.

hovewhite

Quote from: Statto on August 12, 2019, 07:26:09 PM
I'm generally one of TK's biggest critics but most of the criticism on this thread seems to involve making far too much of little things like semantics, or just to be totally unrelated to the video. If you've got a criticism based on new information in the video, fine, but otherwise you're just giving ammunition to all the posters who'd rather dismiss challenging comments (with posts like "oh TK can't win with some people") than debate or think deeply about them.

One thing no one has mentioned is TK appears at times to have a mild speech impediment. I generally don't agree with comments like "a DOF doesn't have to do interviews" (the senior management of any well-run organisation will engage regularly with its shareholders, customers and other stakeholders) but I think TK would be entitled to shy away from video pieces to camera. IMO it adds to the credit he deserves for doing the video, and the fact they've not edited out the odd stutter adds to the sincerity of it.

if that's your argument then the club offer it free,not try to screw the rest of us!!

Lighthouse

The reason why football fans get ripped off is because of some of the comments on here. We shouldn't complain about the paywall? We should just invest even more to make the club communications better? It costs no more than a pint in a kite factory during the War of Recycling in 1725/

Well as  a fan who had a season ticket for blimmin years from the early 70s until priced out in the late 90s. I intend to keep on complaining while also supporting the club in the only way I can. But for goodness sake don't criticise others who decide that a rich billionaire running a club in a rich industry that pays millions to faceless bureaucrats who run the league and only want to make money out of those poorer than themselves. By all means pay but I shall continue to moan about it while the sheep keep complaining about the complainers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bod

I've been a faithful for 45 years and I now live in the north and spend time in Texas with family. So I don't get to see many matches but I do pay for ffctv to listen to Jim/Jamie. However, I do understand that for match regulars and sth's paying to listen to TK is unnecessary.
As for the TK interview, I appreciated that he wanted to explain to us how he and the team approached the transfer window and how he valued the squad. He wants to be valued by the supporters and this was part of his attempt at achieving that. He is learning and improving so cut him some slack.
Yes he did ramble a bit, but this was typically American in my experience. But he did cover most pressing matters. I, for one, am excited about this season and lock-in forward to some success with a good squad.
Let's be 'supporters' and get behind the management- we are in the same team! YOYW

absenteeism

Is Brookes officially back with the club?

grandad

The £5 a month the basic FFCTV is only a part cost of running the service. It was the FA,EPL or whoever insisted that clubs make a charge. The service is still heavily subsidized by the Club. I for one would happily pay double. Living abroad and not being able to attend matches any more means I am grateful for anything that means I can still feel part of the Fulham experience
Where there's a will there's a wife

bobby01

I think the main point being made about the firewall is not the cost.
      Many on here do not attend matches for various reasons, ie, cost, live to far away as in another continent, age, etc. Many of them are happy to pay the subscription as a means of seeing the team and keeping up to date with the things going on in the club.
      However an equally valid view and hence the complaints is that if you are paying the high prices demanded by all football clubs nowadays to watch your team live, home away or both, to have to pay again to listen to the managers views on the game or how he is trying to get the team to play, in my opinion is wrong.
      To have access to watch the match again as I understand it has to be paid for according to FA rules. Access to basic information though should be free on the website. A small fee for the tv channel after paying a lot of money for a ticket is a bit unfair.
      Just an opinion, when I go now not only does it cost but with travelling even to home games it works out as a 6 hour trip on a good home day and some travel even further.
      I do think certain things should be available without the firewall, I am ok with the highlights and matches having to be paid for.
      It just seems nowadays that the attitude of clubs is they don't really care about matchday support or they know we will just keep paying.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

70sPimlico

I know it shouldnt bother me but a very small number of posters. 3, as far as I can judge have spent the last few years putting copious posts slamming Tony Khan. I think we know who we are talking about. Day after day of either TK threads or hijacking other threads. Yet, here we are two and a half days after our new signings have had an impact (positivly or negatively depending on your view) and the man himself has come out and made his position and decisions clear in public and the posters are silent, both about the game, the result, impact of new players and TK's interview.

Yet, a quick scroll back to last week after the bad performance and result against Barnsley and there were the usual barrage of slating.

I dont really know what point I am trying to make.

hovewhite

Don't be shy I'm anti Khan's, because there greedy and taken traditional Fulham fans who have not been well off like a lot of us ordinary people,to the rest of you stick it in your fat Rich pipes and stuff it!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 12, 2019, 07:32:37 PM
The reason why football fans get ripped off is because of some of the comments on here. We shouldn't complain about the paywall? We should just invest even more to make the club communications better? It costs no more than a pint in a kite factory during the War of Recycling in 1725/

Well as  a fan who had a season ticket for blimmin years from the early 70s until priced out in the late 90s. I intend to keep on complaining while also supporting the club in the only way I can. But for goodness sake don't criticise others who decide that a rich billionaire running a club in a rich industry that pays millions to faceless bureaucrats who run the league and only want to make money out of those poorer than themselves. By all means pay but I shall continue to moan about it while the sheep keep complaining about the complainers.

And you should.   I retract my statement if it came across as if I felt anyone didn't have the right to complain.  You absolutely do.

Quote from: bobby01 on August 12, 2019, 08:30:41 PM
      I think the main point being made about the firewall is not the cost.
      Many on here do not attend matches for various reasons, ie, cost, live to far away as in another continent, age, etc. Many of them are happy to pay the subscription as a means of seeing the team and keeping up to date with the things going on in the club.
      However an equally valid view and hence the complaints is that if you are paying the high prices demanded by all football clubs nowadays to watch your team live, home away or both, to have to pay again to listen to the managers views on the game or how he is trying to get the team to play, in my opinion is wrong.
      To have access to watch the match again as I understand it has to be paid for according to FA rules. Access to basic information though should be free on the website. A small fee for the tv channel after paying a lot of money for a ticket is a bit unfair.
      Just an opinion, when I go now not only does it cost but with travelling even to home games it works out as a 6 hour trip on a good home day and some travel even further.
      I do think certain things should be available without the firewall, I am ok with the highlights and matches having to be paid for.
      It just seems nowadays that the attitude of clubs is they don't really care about matchday support or they know we will just keep paying.

Well put.   

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with season ticket holders getting a lot more things free that I personally have to pay for.   

Yeah...I guess I apologize for not viewing it from the local fan's perspective. 

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 12, 2019, 06:34:53 PM
Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 12, 2019, 01:11:33 PM
Quote from: Robbie on August 12, 2019, 12:48:10 PM
Funny that people are saying TK out !    Basically that would mean the money goes away and we would probably go bust...

1. I don't believe Shahid Khan would do that.
2. If he did, then frankly we would be better off.

PS Haven't seen a TK out in this thread?
You sure you should be called doctor?
More like you should be calling a doctor!
Cor, top banter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dr Quinzel

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but putting the interview behind a paywall is counter intuitive as it is. It's PR that will be viewed by less than if it was free to air. Doesn't seem rocket science?

Those who have FFCTV are typically the online fans already, and in the main, those are TK's biggest advocates.

Hatch007

My absolutely beautiful, special one granddaughter turned 21 last month. I remember some 15 years ago at a family gathering I was a bit cross over nothing of consequence. She climbed up in my lap, kissed me on the cheek and said "Poppy, please don't be a grumpy old man".  092.gif
[/quote]

BRILLIANT 🤣🤣🤣

Lighthouse

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 12, 2019, 09:05:52 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 12, 2019, 07:32:37 PM

And you should.   I retract my statement if it came across as if I felt anyone didn't have the right to complain.  You absolutely do.

I won't.  And I disagree that it should be provided for free based on "principle".   I'm not saying anyone is wrong for feeling it should be.    Just that I don't agree.   Unless I misunderstand the definition of "principle".

Although I wasn't the one who talked about the 'principle' of charging. I will just finish with this. Like many of us I am born and bred a Fulham fan. My late Dad would bore me with tales of long hikes to home matches because he couldn't afford bus fares and he would wait until the gates opened to let the crowd out at the end so he could sneak in to see the last five minutes.

I lived in Manchester and travelled to many away matches and then a few home matches. When my family moved to Brighton I had a season ticket for years and went to many away games Like others I can talk of times when I travelled miles to see Fulham. Once travelling down from Scotland to Brighton to pick up a fellow fan and then back to the Cottage.

But life changes and so does the money. I accept that fares go up and ticket prices go up. I accept that the Football authorities are now so 'unprincipled'  they care nothing for the average fan. They never did. But as a life long fan I find it incredible that fans are asked to pay high prices to go in and if they want to a program. Then for the privilege of listening to what is nothing more than advertising for the club with interviews etc are asked to pay again.

I loved the club and lost many relationships over the stupid obsession. Now that love has gone and while I still support the club the best way I can. I have no 'love' anymore. They are just screwing us for our addiction. It is sad but while fans accept it then good luck to them. Ironically it is the small thing that make the difference. For this life long fan it was the straw that broke the camels back.

Fernhurst

2.If he did, then frankly we would be better off.

Oh dear, wish I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Cor top banter eh Doc?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Lighthouse

Fulham chief Tony Khan has lifted the lid on just how hard it was to negotiate with Daniel Levy and Tottenham over Ryan Sessegnon, as per Fulham's official website.

Khan has said that he was prepared for Sessegnon to remain at the club going into deadline day and Levy's refusal to make a serious offer until late on hampered his own side's business.

He said: "We heard from them for the first time two weeks before the close of the window. It turned out we were not able to buy any players because this transaction had been held up. And when I finally got an offer it was so ridiculously low that I had to make it super clear that we were not going to take a penny less our asking price.

"We were so far apart that 24 hours before the deadline I was prepared for Ryan to stay at Fulham this year. There were multiple breakdown in the closing days."

TBR's View – Tough to see what Levy gained
Sessegnon's move to Spurs was on the cards for the entire transfer window and if Levy had done the deal sooner, Mauricio Pochettino could have worked with him during pre-season and got him used to his expectations.

But as it turned out, Levy delayed the deal and didn't get a cheaper deal – according to Khan – so it's tough to see what was gained from being such awkward customers over a player who plainly wanted a move all summer long.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 12, 2019, 09:34:37 PM
2.If he did, then frankly we would be better off.

Oh dear, wish I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Cor top banter eh Doc?

Are you telling me that an owner of any club, whom would remove all funding for the club, if he/she was forced to critical analyse the work of his son, which could result in needing to remove him, would not be a bad owner? Of course they'd be a terrible owner. That said, I don't believe you actually think that, you just want an argument. Is everything OK at home?

Thankfully, as I said at the time (and of which you omitted to quote) it is a nonsense old trope peddled by those who for some reason fear discussion and critical analysis, and nothing more.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Dodgin on August 12, 2019, 09:28:42 AM
Very informative, seems to be a very positive guy. Not to be underestimated. Really good interview. Should stop some of the groaning for awhile.

Unfortunately No chance of that, I'm afraid!
064.gif

Hatch007

Fernhurst, I'm with you on this 100% but some posters are just beyond reasoning with.

If the 'quack' really thinks we'd be better off without TK then he must have forgotten to take his meds.

Such a sweeping statement without qualification fails to acknowledge that it would firstly depend on whom he's replaced by. And then there are other considerations to factor in to such a debate but we ain't winning this argument so I give up.

Good luck if you want to pick up the baton 🤣