Anyone who is lambasting Mitrovic here is an absolute disgrace

andyk

Quote from: absenteeism on August 17, 2019, 12:13:00 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on August 17, 2019, 12:02:37 PM
Four words 'there is no excuse'
Enough said.
For getting hit in the eye?

Getting a poke in the eye is annoying.  You can grimace and give the offender an earful.
But I've never seen anyone plunge to the ground, clasp both hands to their head and fall back as if they'v been poleaxed by Mike Tyson.

Well done Mitro, another good goal.

But, seriously, pack that stuff in.

grandad

Ref & Lino at fault. Mitro was bundled over & should have been called a foul on him. Lino just looked on & did nothing. If the officials had been doing their job we would not be having all this nonsense.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Stevieboy

Completely pointless thread, who says he was trying to get a player sent off.
Hysterical reaction from some on here. Unfortunately football is a cynical business we have to accept that.
Nice teams win nothing, I for one am happy to see a dark side existing.
There is more feigning, cheating and general nastiness in almost every Premier League game as we have found to our detriment.
Moaning about our own players in such a self righteous manner breeds even more negativity.
Mitro is a hero, he hasn't stopped running and battling for this club since the day he got here, cut him some slack and appreciate the positives he brings. If not maybe better off watching the ladies game!!!

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Stevieboy on August 17, 2019, 12:31:14 PM
Completely pointless thread, who says he was trying to get a player sent off.
Hysterical reaction from some on here. Unfortunately football is a cynical business we have to accept that.
Nice teams win nothing, I for one am happy to see a dark side existing.
There is more feigning, cheating and general nastiness in almost every Premier League game as we have found to our detriment.
Moaning about our own players in such a self righteous manner breeds even more negativity.
Mitro is a hero, he hasn't stopped running and battling for this club since the day he got here, cut him some slack and appreciate the positives he brings. If not maybe better off watching the ladies game!!!

#
if we tolerate it, then it will become acceptable
do we really want it to be acceptable?

I don't thanks, I hate the way the game has gone and that's why I cant watch football at the top level with as much interest as in days gone by.

pretending you've been hit is just not on

Lighthouse

Why do fans have to overreact? No not the fans who criticise the stupid overacting of our best player. It was stupid and embarrassing. But luckily it didn't lead to anything so I am not sure what punishment could be given out retrospectively.

But why is it we have fans saying that we shouldn't criticise such behaviour? Or try and excuse because of the punishment Mitro himself has to put up with? We don't want to over do and be too silly in our criticism. He is our best player and frankly his decision to stay despite relegation was the highlight of our Summer.

But please let's be honest. He was wrong and it was embarrassing. We now move on and hope he cuts out the bad acting.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sarnian

Quote from: grandad on August 17, 2019, 12:30:55 PM
Ref & Lino at fault. Mitro was bundled over & should have been called a foul on him. Lino just looked on & did nothing. If the officials had been doing their job we would not be having all this nonsense.

Ref was poor, booked Mawson for a tackle from behind but when Mitro got clattered the same way no booking for the  Huddersfield player. Didn't like Mitro's reaction in the corner however please tell me was that any worse than players being tackled and rolling over 4 or 5 times to get their opponent booked which you see week after week.

KJS

Quote from: absenteeism on August 17, 2019, 12:13:00 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on August 17, 2019, 12:02:37 PM
Four words 'there is no excuse'
Enough said.
For getting hit in the eye?

:54:

Twig

Had there been eye contact I could understand it, although it would still have been a bit of an over reaction. Having watched it several times I cannot see any contact. In those circumstances it does seem to have been gamesmanship which I don't like to see.  I just feel some of the criticism on here has been over the top and that some of the stalwart defence of his actions are similarly OTT.  Polarised views as is too often the case on here with some seemingly trying to just score points.
Let's have a bit of balance and common sense.