watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Millwall?

Started by Facts Not Fiction, August 20, 2019, 08:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

If Steven Sessegnon is dropped that would be a shocking decision. Much better RB than Odoi & should keep his place
Come on you Whites!! :)

Statto

Regarding Steven Sessegnon -

For context, Ryan made his first start at exactly the same time (match #3) in the 16/17 season. He played well and after the game, Jokanovic said, "[Ryan Sessegnon] is a very good project of the football club, he needs to continue to keep working hard, in this way we have to be careful about him. For his debut he offered many, many, many quality things during the game." Then four days later (home to Cardiff) Jokanovic put him back on the bench. 

Anyway let's see what Parker does rather than arguing about it.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 20, 2019, 11:27:30 AM
Quote from: filham on August 20, 2019, 10:23:46 AM
Same again surely. Yes it would be nice to rest Mawson, Cairney and Mitro for Saturday but that would risk dropping 3 points.
Start with the best team then consider resting players by substitutions at half time if we have a two goal lead.

Well, if we play Mawson every game he'll be injured for several weeks before we play WBA. MLM and Ream are available they can be our CBs, if MLM doesn't play now he'll be playing when Mawson is injuried anyway.

Rational Fan, the next game is the most important, and that is Millwall, we concentrate on dealing with them first and foremost, then we turn our attention to Forest. One game at a time, it is a mistake to chop and change, like you would like to do, they can rest when the season ends and they are polishing their trophies. I know these are new times where they have bred a generation of milky snowflake individuals. But there are plenty of others who are not afraid to go out after dark.
If you have ever played at any level of Football, you will understand that players when the tank is getting empty, they run on adrenaline, that's what gets them over the line, plus some fire in their belly's. Can you remember when there were no subs, just the bare 11, although they were not exactly bare, they wore a kit.
If you broke your leg you had to stay on, otherwise you were down to ten. Plus the pitches were like vegetable patches and the tackle from behind was still legal.
These days you can choose three from 7 to come on. So up to 6 of 14 never play a full game each week, so why do they need resting and mollycoddling, that's is why we are breading a generation of wimps, and why I keep winning the Annual Yard of Ale Contest, while they are all on Pink Gins, Get a grip man.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2019, 03:58:27 PM
I know these are new times where they have bred a generation of milky snowflake individuals. But there are plenty of others who are not afraid to go out after dark.
If you have ever played at any level of Football, you will understand that players when the tank is getting empty, they run on adrenaline, that's what gets them over the line, plus some fire in their belly's. Can you remember when there were no subs, just the bare 11, although they were not exactly bare, they wore a kit.
If you broke your leg you had to stay on, otherwise you were down to ten. Plus the pitches were like vegetable patches and the tackle from behind was still legal.

Call me Mystic Meg, but £500 says Woolly voted for Brexit? And stands by that decision, even now, adamant that 'if we just believe enough' etc. Am I right, Woolly?

Stevieboy

Bit disparaging......are those that voted for Brexit somehow disadvantaged.
I suspect a comment from a remainer ...... ???
How do remainders work Brexit into every topic no matter how far removed  064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Stevieboy on August 20, 2019, 04:12:19 PM
How do remainders work Brexit into every topic no matter how far removed  064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

Not at all. Just the comments about vegetable patches for pitches and running on empty, a complete dismissal of modern science in favour of general 'puff your chest out' nonsense. Lots of things were different back in the day, diets, jobs, science, understanding and stuff moves on hence people live far longer. But, you know, lets  romanticize the past, dismiss simple common facts, and hope for the best. Sound familiar? ;)

(the use of the term 'snowflake' was the real giveaway)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ByTheRiver on August 20, 2019, 04:06:58 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2019, 03:58:27 PM
I know these are new times where they have bred a generation of milky snowflake individuals. But there are plenty of others who are not afraid to go out after dark.

Call me Mystic Meg, but £500 says Woolly voted for Brexit? And stands by that decision, even now, adamant that 'if we just believe enough' etc. Am I right, Woolly?

I shall call you Mystic Meg, and we split the Monkey £250 each, and Remoaner shall be silenced at last. 

Never forget your Roots.

ByTheRiver

I should point out, I actually agree, in essence with the reply - posted saying to keep the same team myself - it was just the tone I was lightly poking fun at.

We are all a bit uptight for a board who's team has just won two on the bounce (soon to be three). Snowflake like, you could almost say...

RaySmith

Mawson has been passed fit to play, so he should play every game, since you don't usually change a centre back partnership - you want to build that understanding, unless one is injured.

Mawson is either fit or he isn't, you can't wrap him in cotton wool - if he's not fully fit, he shouldn't play.

GJB

Quote from: Statto on August 20, 2019, 02:09:20 PM

For context, Ryan made his first start at exactly the same time (match #3) in the 16/17 season. He played well and after the game, Jokanovic said, "[Ryan Sessegnon] is a very good project of the football club, he needs to continue to keep working hard, in this way we have to be careful about him. For his debut he offered many, many, many quality things during the game." Then four days later (home to Cardiff) Jokanovic put him back on the bench. 

And came off the bench in the first half, scored three minutes later and started the next game against blackburn ... Ryan was 3 years younger than Steven at that stage and I reckon players probably need more protection at the age of 16 supporting Slav's decision to not start Ryan every game that season.

Hopefully though, since I'd rather he started over Odoi and Christie, at the age of 19 Steven won't need easing into the team as much and can play the full 90 minutes on a more regular basis than Ryan in the 16/17 season.

We need a back 4 who know each other inside out, so I'd rather he starts every game he can if it means we achieve greater solidity and chemistry across our defence.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ByTheRiver on August 20, 2019, 04:22:17 PM
Quote from: Stevieboy on August 20, 2019, 04:12:19 PM

Not at all. Just the comments about vegetable patches for pitches and running on empty, a complete dismissal of modern science in favour of general 'puff your chest out' nonsense. Lots of things were different back in the day, diets, jobs, science, understanding and stuff moves on hence people live far longer. But, you know, lets  romanticize the past, dismiss simple common facts, and hope for the best. Sound familiar? ;)

(the use of the term 'snowflake' was the real giveaway)

Sticking your chest out will get you through more challenges in adverse weather conditions than what any hair brained scientist will tell you. They have to justify their existence somehow.
But if I am laying in a bomb crater 12 miles behind enemy lines, and I had a choice of a scientist or a guy who sticks his chest out to join me. It's the guy who sticks his chest out every time, in the same way I would choose a L____R over a R______R.
The pen is not mightier than the sword, because you cannot write with a broken arm, ask Alexandra The Great.

Never forget your Roots.

charlieFFC

A winning team should remain the same unless circumstance causes differently. This is especially important for the keeper and back line.

Sess had a good debut and with the home fans support his confidence should only build.

love4ffc

Please leave Brexit out of the discussion.   ::off_Topic::

Back to the OP, Steven retains his spot for me and continues as RB until Parker deems otherwise. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2019, 04:34:42 PM

Sticking your chest out will get you through more challenges in adverse weather conditions than what any hair brained scientist will tell you. They have to justify their existence somehow.
But if I am laying in a bomb crater 12 miles behind enemy lines, and I had a choice of a scientist or a guy who sticks his chest out to join me. It's the guy who sticks his chest out every time, in the same way I would choose a L____R over a R______R.
The pen is not mightier than the sword, because you cannot write with a broken arm, ask Alexandra The Great.

Hah. Perfect. Absolutely perfect. Couldn't have scripted a better response if I was mocking and typing it myself. My original post was entirely correct and on point then. Ridiculous caricature adhered to. Thanks!

Anyway, now that is sorted, let's move on back on back to topic. Yes. Same team for Wednesday, look again and review after ahead of Saturday.

Statto

Quote from: GJB on August 20, 2019, 04:34:19 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 20, 2019, 02:09:20 PM

And came off the bench in the first half, scored three minutes later and started the next game against blackburn ... Ryan was 3 years younger than Steven at that stage and I reckon players probably need more protection at the age of 16 supporting Slav's decision to not start Ryan every game that season.

Hopefully though, since I'd rather he started over Odoi and Christie, at the age of 19 Steven won't need easing into the team as much and can play the full 90 minutes on a more regular basis than Ryan in the 16/17 season.

We need a back 4 who know each other inside out, so I'd rather he starts every game he can if it means we achieve greater solidity and chemistry across our defence.

... Yes started the next game... and then went back on the bench again.

Started a total of 17 out of 46 games overall.

That's what I'd call being eased in gently.

FWIW I do agree to some extent with your point about Steven being a bit older. But he's still only a teenager and very inexperienced. So may be approached a bit differently but not totally differently IMO.

ex-Pat

Rest Mawson ?? He will get plenty of rest when he is injured, play him until he drops,,,,,,,,Same team as Friday.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ByTheRiver on August 20, 2019, 04:46:37 PM

Hah. Perfect. Absolutely perfect. Couldn't have scripted a better response if I was mocking and typing it myself. My original post was entirely correct and on point then. Ridiculous caricature adhered to. Thanks!

Anyway, now that is sorted, let's move on back on back to topic. Yes. Same team for Wednesday, look again and review after ahead of Saturday.

So we are all agreed then, splendid. Onwards and Upwards and let Millwall do the worrying, because they should be worried if they had any sense.

Never forget your Roots.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2019, 05:31:54 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on August 20, 2019, 04:46:37 PM

So we are all agreed then, splendid. Onwards and Upwards and let Millwall do the worrying, because they should be worried if they had any sense.

049:gif 082.gif

hovewhite

Nero

I would point out Sess was 16 sess mark II is 19 and his brother played a full championship season at 17. Stuck him in and keep Odoi out the way