Main Menu

Have we ever introduced ourselves?

Started by Airfix, November 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

A warm welcome to FoF to all of you...

076.gif

bobbo

082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gifHiya all , -------  I'm Bob not actually an exile but an uxbridge based fan and season ticket holder for the last 40 years and a 50+ years supporter I know there's a few of you in OZ and I'm down in sydney at least twice a year visiting my daughter and her family and absolutely always get up no matter what the time to watch the live game so where are all you fulhamish guys down under any of you near avalon nsw cos thats where my daughter lives .Maybe we can watch a match together when I'm next down--- I expect early december or maybe feb 2014.I maybe in me sixties now but dont feel it and I'll buy the case of coopers or whatever the choice
for watching the game. ---- I'm waiting to hear from you   
1975 just leaving home full of hope

dino1828

Hello all I'm Bryan live in Jacksonville FL. Been a fan of the Premiere League for years looking to pick a team to rout for, but looks like the Jags owner has picked for me, so I look forward to learning about your team here.

MisterDoctorMister

Hey All

Im a fan from Arkansas, I started following the Premier League about 5 years ago and I picked Fulham on a trip to London. My interest in the Premier League and Fulham is constantly growing and I'm excited what the new owner can do!  082.gif

Scrumpy

Some great stories on here. Welcome to the family, one and all.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Love Everton Forum

Hello folks.

I'm the admin of a small newly built Everton website / forum called Love Everton Forum.

We'd like to become part of the Premiership community as we grow so have chosen this forum in which to use as our main point of contact for your club, and added a banner to our affiliate section on your behalf.

We'll hopefully use this site for questionnaires / friendly banter etc as long as we are welcome, and as our membership grows you'll no doubt see us involved more in the Premiership community.

We welcome 'all' football fans to our site, so please feel free to register and pop in occasionally, where you will be respected and valued.

May we take this opportunity to wish you well in the coming season.

Love Everton Forum Staff

www.loveevertonforum.com

Parkway Drive

from sydney australia... love the club, stay up till ungodly hours of the night to watch every game haha that's about it i guess. can't wait for the new season to kick off tomorrow and to hopefully get to a game or two next time i'm up there in england

VamosFFC

Hey all,

I have been reading this forum for some time and have finally decided to join now.  I have been supporting Fulham since about 2005-06. To be honest, I tried supporting other clubs because I didn't want to be a supporter just because of the American connection, but when Fulham played, I couldn't help but cheer them on...Americans or not in the team.

terryr

Hey everyone.
I've been a Fulham fan for 12 years, but only finally got to the Cottage this year and am now a season ticket holder.
The reason I support Fulham?
It has nothing to do with Football!
I grew up in Canada but moved to the UK 20 years ago for work, got married had a kid........ then got divorced.
Unfortunately getting divorced coincided with losing my job.
UK courts aren't kind to dad's in this sort of situation.
What followed was financial amragedon.
Out of the family home now ( inhabited by my ex wife's new husband) I ended up age 37 living in a rented room in someone else's house, working in pubs and trying to start over.  Now comes the FCC conection:
Every second week I had to take care of my 1 yr old and given my living conditions weren't the best, we would get out of the house at 7 am Saturday morning. Inevitably we went to Bishop's park and lo and behold....A children's playground....built by FCC! That park saved me...allowed me to have somewhere fun to go with my daughter and maintain a relationship that thrives to this day! Cue hankys, warm feelings etc.
Time took a good turn for me and I was soon working back in the corporate world in Asia and spent the next 10 years travelling living in Asia and the US....but I always checked the  scores and followed the ebb and flow of FFC's fortunes. I'm now living back in Fulham with my Brazilian wife and given I have some money in the bank, we both got season tickets this year. I plan to take my daughter to a home game when she can tear herself away from teenage "stuff.
That's it.
Not a football connection but the bond between FCC and myself is super-strong.
T   

casual74

Hello everybody, I'm Italian 39 y.o.  living in Barcelona. I've just attended the Arsenal game and I'll come to Chelsea away next. I'd like to know Fulham fans to have some pints next home...would be nice to kit with something of you and share opinions about the Whites. COYW

Count Berbatov

Quote from: TerryR on August 26, 2013, 06:06:23 PM
Hey everyone.
I've been a Fulham fan for 12 years, but only finally got to the Cottage this year and am now a season ticket holder.
The reason I support Fulham?
It has nothing to do with Football!
I grew up in Canada but moved to the UK 20 years ago for work, got married had a kid........ then got divorced.
Unfortunately getting divorced coincided with losing my job.
UK courts aren't kind to dad's in this sort of situation.
What followed was financial amragedon.
Out of the family home now ( inhabited by my ex wife's new husband) I ended up age 37 living in a rented room in someone else's house, working in pubs and trying to start over.  Now comes the FCC conection:
Every second week I had to take care of my 1 yr old and given my living conditions weren't the best, we would get out of the house at 7 am Saturday morning. Inevitably we went to Bishop's park and lo and behold....A children's playground....built by FCC! That park saved me...allowed me to have somewhere fun to go with my daughter and maintain a relationship that thrives to this day! Cue hankys, warm feelings etc.
Time took a good turn for me and I was soon working back in the corporate world in Asia and spent the next 10 years travelling living in Asia and the US....but I always checked the  scores and followed the ebb and flow of FFC's fortunes. I'm now living back in Fulham with my Brazilian wife and given I have some money in the bank, we both got season tickets this year. I plan to take my daughter to a home game when she can tear herself away from teenage "stuff.
That's it.
Not a football connection but the bond between FCC and myself is super-strong.

That's quite the story. It's great you and your daughter stayed close through the years. There's nothing like having your dad in your life.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

MissRuby

Hi guys,

I'm back! I decided to delete my account for a while for certain reasons, but while I'm away travelling its nice to see what everyone's thinking!
Hope you've all seen my Fulham round the world pictures, there's plenty more to come!
:)

Pluto

Hi everyone I've been lurking here for a couple of years and thought it about time I made an account! I'm 23 and have been a season ticket holder at the mighty whites since I was 10, except a few years when I was at uni. Back living around London and at the cottage every week in the Johnny Haynes stand. I'm pretty much obsessed with football but outside of that I also play in a band.

Can't wait to join in the discussion with you guys on this great forum! COYW  049:gif

Furby

Fulham born, so my family, my parents brothers and sisters are split between The mighty whites and Chelsea. My first game was when I was a toddler in the early 80's, allowed to get in for free over the turnstile in my dads arms, standing on empty steps in the Stevenage Road Stand. Gordon 'Ivor' Davies was my hero, and we had our best kit ever to date, the Osca kit with the black shoulders. Great memories. I'm now living in Maidenhead and get to watch us when my shifts allow.

Burt

Dodger53

Here is me - Live in Steyning W Sussex - Grandad used to go to Fulham or Wimbledon - Dad always took me to Fulham or SB - one game when I was about 12 (1965ish) C*****A v N'castle I wore my Fulham Scarf standing in the Shed end with dad - so reminded me of your Newcastle story - Season ticket at Hammy end with about 5 others from our village - worst footie in years now but still enjoy a beer in the Half Moon and enjoy the walk to the ground - dad knows I am there, even if players dont! Richardson would remind my dad of Johnny Key - absolutely awful week after week!
PS Born in Nightingale Lane, Wandsworth - Family from Battersea / Fulham.

Shredhead

Quote from: Dodger53 on November 08, 2013, 11:31:52 PM
Here is me - Live in Steyning W Sussex - Grandad used to go to Fulham or Wimbledon - Dad always took me to Fulham or SB - one game when I was about 12 (1965ish) C*****A v N'castle I wore my Fulham Scarf standing in the Shed end with dad - so reminded me of your Newcastle story - Season ticket at Hammy end with about 5 others from our village - worst footie in years now but still enjoy a beer in the Half Moon and enjoy the walk to the ground - dad knows I am there, even if players dont! Richardson would remind my dad of Johnny Key - absolutely awful week after week!
PS Born in Nightingale Lane, Wandsworth - Family from Battersea / Fulham.
Welcome Dodger53. I live in Brighton and a few of us have started meeting in the Basketmakers in Gloucester Road on the last Monday of the month (8pm onwards) for a drink and a moan. All Steyning Cottagers are welcome - I bet a few of you actually live in cottages as well.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Travers Barney

Well thats been a really nice two hours of my life...pretty ashamed I haven't taken time to contribute..international break no excuse

coyw
We are the whites

Burt

Great stories in here... For those of you who have yet to do so, please contribute.

FFCpro

Hi

I am new to this site but not new to Fulham FC, being a supporter for 50 years. My name is Peter and my initials are PRO hence my login name. As with most fans, I grew up locally and had the choice of Wimbledon, Chelsea, QPR or Fulham to support, but as my Late Dad was a Fulham supporter, I had no real choice. I have supported them from the time that the Maestro ruled the pitch, through the dark days when a crowd of 3000 was the norm back up the Leagues to the Glory days that we are now experiencing.

I have have experienced the best and the worst of wearing black and white, and all I can say to those who think that today is the worst, is that you have only ever seen the best. As Tommy Trinder would have put it "You Lucky People".

My Dad was one of the group that contributed to keeping the club afloat when it looked like we were going to cease to exist. When he died he was buried with his Fulham scarf.

I am a season ticket holder in Block H of the Hammy End and I am sick at heart when I hear booing at games. To me being a supporter means all of the time.

My Son is also a almost life long Fulham Supporter as I hope my Grandson will also be. That wil cover 4 generations. So come on, lets do what good supporters do and stand behind our team, through the good and the bad days.