watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mawson

Started by bobby01, November 03, 2019, 11:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

The more I see of him the less I am impressed, poor defending for all 3 goals yesterday, and generally weak and out of position continually. I really thought we had signed a top notch defender, lack of fitness and injuries can no longer be an excuse.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Facts Not Fiction

Agreed. Unfortunately, he is not alone is this drastic drop in form.

@jolslover

Agree, When we signed him for 15m I thought we were getting a premier league quality defender but Ream he's failing to look solid even in the Championship
STH H3

Slaphead in Qatar

Mawson was appalling for their second goal yesterday

FFC1987

I can't tell if Mawson is just a bad player, unfit still, or just can't be arsed to be playing in the championship....

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 03, 2019, 12:05:43 PM
I can't tell if Mawson is just a bad player, unfit still, or just can't be arsed to be playing in the championship....

I worryingly agree with this ....

filham

It is beginning to look as if Mawson is following in the footsteps of Spearman and that Icelandic international. Big money signings who arrived with a good reputation and then failed us. Have we had a good centre back since Hughes and Hangeland, I think the best has been Dan Burns who we let go for a song.

Statto

Still think he's our best defender (defensively) but gets judged far more harshly because of his price tag.

Putting price to one side, Ream, Bryan and Odoi make significantly more errors, and opposition strikers invariably elect to stand near one of those three rather than Mawson, for good reason.

I agree he still hasn't been great but none of our players have. The answer is either that we have about 15 individuals all coincidentally and suddenly becoming worse than they've been in their careers to date for their own independent, personal reasons... or that we have a team-wide problem with the manager/tactics/morale

hovewhite

We look more secure with ream and odoi

Bill2

Defenately at fault for first two goals. Needs to work on his decision making.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on November 03, 2019, 12:27:40 PM

The answer is either that we have about 15 individuals all coincidentally and suddenly becoming worse than they've been in their careers to date for their own independent, personal reasons... or that we have a team-wide problem with the manager/tactics/morale

Absolutely brilliantly put, i have long suggested we had the same problem last season; the only difference is "last seasons players" suddenly got worse when they changed "teams into a new league"; and "this seasons players" suddenly got worse when they changed "teams in the same league". In addition, it seems Norwood and Anguissa also suddenly got better moving into another team. Why is Motspur Park or the Fulham Jersey like Kryptonite? Why did players like Seri demand to leave etc?

Robbie

He looks slow and unfit like much of our squad. They are all too big.

S.F.Sorrow

He was awful yesterday but perhaps our best player (IMO) against Boro. Very inconsistent but I still think he's better than Ream. At least at actual defending. But what has happened to his goal scoring record? He scored regularly for all his previous clubs, even in the PL. It feels like we're not taking full advantage of his strengths at set pieces.

Whitestone

The first goal yesterday was 100% down to Le Marchand who failed to deal with the cross. For the second both Mawson and Bettinelli could've done better and the third Ream could've done better. IMO Mawson is our best central defender. Sure, he's not perfect but he wasn't responsible for all 3 goals yesterday.  Looking forward to him pairing up with Hector in January because we will continue to struggle at the back with  Bettinelli, Ream, Odoi and Le Marchand.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Robbie on November 03, 2019, 01:15:41 PM
He looks slow and unfit like much of our squad. They are all too big.

Is it time to try a youngster at centre back ? Looking at Leeds and PNE they have young fit squads and not over paid heavyweights !

One Martin Thomas

Have we not got a kid better than LeMarchand ? I don't believe we don't ....

KJS

Quote from: Bill2 on November 03, 2019, 01:06:38 PM

The player at fault for the 1st goal was Betts he could have gone for the cross but he once again bottled it🙄🙄🙄

ScalleysDad

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on November 03, 2019, 02:23:29 PM
Have we not got a kid better than LeMarchand ? I don't believe we don't ....

So we do then? Who is it?
049:gif

Southcoastffc

Quote from: KJS on November 03, 2019, 03:26:03 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on November 03, 2019, 01:06:38 PM

The player at fault for the 1st goal was Betts he could have gone for the cross but he once again bottled it🙄🙄🙄
:) Disagree.  Mawson dived in on the right, unnecessarily and poorly, leaving the Hull player free to hit a cross beyond the far post. MLM didn't react when the ball came off him and Bowler, the goal scorer.  They, not Bettinelli, are culpable.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Skatzoffc

1st goal is down to Le Marchand.
Dreadful position. I think he thought he was playing CB instead of Left back.

Mawson shouts at him as he is getting back into the box to move back and cover the guy completely free on the back stick.
But he doesn't.

He is simply not a Championship, let alone EPL qualityy player.
On that performance he is also not good enough as a substitute.

I agree Mawson was rash in the center of the park diving in.
But he was back in the box way before the cross to the back stick.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !