watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for QPR?

Started by Facts Not Fiction, November 18, 2019, 10:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

How do we setup without Mitro? Can see this game being a real struggle without him, but anyhow.

Hoping Bryan and Arter are in the squad again. Johansen may be a doubt, as he dropped out of the Norway side.

Rodak

Christie Mawson Ream Bryan

Reed

Cairney Johansen

Knockaert Reid Cavaleiro

Bettinelli, Sess, Odoi, McDonald, Arter, Kamara, Kebano

Statto

Given Ream will be knackered...

Rodak

Christie Odoi Mawson Bryan

Reed
Johansen
Cairney

Cavaliero Reid Knockaert

St Eve

Kamara has to play up front

ChesterTheTabby

This may be an unpopular opinion, but seeing as that the gaffer has no say in the matter, I feel as though a break for Mitrovic could quite a good thing given the quick turnaround of games in the next week. He has been playing his socks off for Club and Country, and perhaps a quick rest before tackling Derby and Swansea is all important for the remainder of the season. It will allow him to reenergize and give some fringe players an opportunity. Last thing we need is a tired and burnt out Mitro!

As for the team, I'd be inclined to play AK up top with Reid running in behind him. Perhaps drop Reed for Cairney and play the following:

Rodak
Christie, Mawson, Ream, Bryan
Reed/Cairney (in between Defense and Reid)
Knockers/Cavs  (on the flanks just ahead of TC and Reed)
Reid (plays off AK)
AK (CF)

This would be one hell of a combination of speed up front that would obliterate QPRs less than mobile defense....so long as we do not recklessly get the ball knicked and find ourselves on the back foot with players upfront stranded.

Thoughts?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

The Rational Fan

Fernhurst

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 19, 2019, 01:52:50 AM
Is Bryan available?

New chat show on the offal featured Joe and he said he trained 3/4 day's last week so unless he has a bad reaction he appears to be ready to go.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bigalffc

Quote from: OhConnah on November 19, 2019, 01:35:08 AM
This may be an unpopular opinion, but seeing as that the gaffer has no say in the matter, I feel as though a break for Mitrovic could quite a good thing given the quick turnaround of games in the next week. He has been playing his socks off for Club and Country, and perhaps a quick rest before tackling Derby and Swansea is all important for the remainder of the season. It will allow him to reenergize and give some fringe players an opportunity. Last thing we need is a tired and burnt out Mitro!

As for the team, I'd be inclined to play AK up top with Reid running in behind him. Perhaps drop Reed for Cairney and play the following:

Rodak
Christie, Mawson, Ream, Bryan
Reed/Cairney (in between Defense and Reid)
Knockers/Cavs  (on the flanks just ahead of TC and Reed)
Reid (plays off AK)
AK (CF)

This would be one hell of a combination of speed up front that would obliterate QPRs less than mobile defense....so long as we do not recklessly get the ball knicked and find ourselves on the back foot with players upfront stranded.

Thoughts?

Totally agree with you, may have to use Odoi for Ream as he may be tired. Would definitely see us on the front foot, worry about them on the break though.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Whitestone

Quote from: Statto on November 18, 2019, 10:59:40 PM
Given Ream will be knackered...

Rodak

Christie Odoi Mawson Bryan

Reed
Johansen
Cairney

Cavaliero Reid Knockaert

I tend to agree with this although I'm torn between Reid and Kamara up top.

QPR's have significant defensive issues having conceded 30 goals. That said they don't seem to have a problem scoring goals. Can't see this one ending up 0-0!!

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 19, 2019, 08:49:18 AM
Quote from: St Eve on November 19, 2019, 12:38:24 AM
Kamara has to play up front

No he doesn't.

I keep having this horrible fear that at 6.45pm the team sheet rolls in with Kamara leading the line and I get off and immediately back on the train and head straight back home.

Although that said (TIC of course), what is going on with Bobby? No goals. Is it bad luck, the formation, position he's been playing or something else? He's a goal threat but it just isn't happening.

RP24

Bobby Reid played 65 minutes for Jamaica today so i wonder if he will be ok to play on saturday. That and the potential for Ream to miss as well I guess we'd have to go:

Rodak
Christie Mawson Odoi Bryan
Reed
Cairney Onomah
Knock Cav
AK

Fernhurst

This would be one hell of a combination of speed up front that would obliterate QPRs less than mobile defense

Agreed,watched them play Brentford and was singularly not impressed with their defence.
Do have some talented players though and an experienced manager who will arrive with a game plan to test our somewhat creaky defence.
Eventually, I want a defence that does not require our keeper to pull off half a dozen "worldies"
a game.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Chesh

Why 2 threads on the same topic?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Fernhurst on November 19, 2019, 09:52:23 AM
This would be one hell of a combination of speed up front that would obliterate QPRs less than mobile defense

Agreed,watched them play Brentford and was singularly not impressed with their defence.
Do have some talented players though and an experienced manager who will arrive with a game plan to test our somewhat creaky defence.
Eventually, I want a defence that does not require our keeper to pull off half a dozen "worldies"
a game.

How did Eze look? Every time I've seen him I have thought he was very impressive. Worried about him dribbling at our defence.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Chesh on November 19, 2019, 09:56:15 AM
Why 2 threads on the same topic?

Because three would be too many.  :62:

filham

Difficult, Mitro missing and I agree the rest will do him good and benefit us for the next game. We have to assume. Ream knackered/jet lagged and Bryan not ready . Best we can do therefore is:-

Rodak
                                Christie          Mawson      Odoi          Le Merchand

Reed           Cairney
                                                              Reid

Knockers             Kamara                  Cavy

I have doubts about both Reid and Cairney on current form and may well replace one of them with Johansen at half time.

Moltobueno

4-1-4-1

Rodak

Christie     Odoi     Mawson        Bryan

Reed

Knockaert    Johansen  Cairney   Cavaleiro

Reid

Subs: Bettinelli, Sessegnon, De la Torre, Onomah, Kamara, Kebano

Mullers OG

I'd go for the same starting eleven as moltobueno.  Without Mitrovic and with Reid out of sorts in front of goal we need strong back up on the bench.  Time in my opinion for Taylor-Crossdale or even Stansfield to be on the bench.  I would have Betts, Sess, De la Torre, Kebano,  and Taylor-Crossdale. 

Statto

Is everyone consciously endorsing Cavaliero on the left and Knockaert on the right (rather than the other way around) or just going along with it because we know Parker won't change it?

Jim©

Quote from: Fernhurst on November 19, 2019, 09:52:23 AM

a game.

We've had one of the worst performing keepers in goal for almost every game this season. In fact I wonder if Betts has pulled off half a dozen worldies since the season started. Two of Rodaks saves v Brum were v decent.

I'd go same as Moltobueno with Stefan out, Reid in his position and AK up front. Their back 4 are very very slow and oddly would probably have relished the physical battle with Mitro more than AK running at them.