watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tonigh

Started by filham, November 29, 2019, 09:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

With Arter, Ried, Reed and Kamara probably stuck in the treatment room at Motspur Park I think the likely starting line up should be :-

Rodak

Odoi           Mawson           Ream           Bryan

MacDonald
                                                 Johansen                    Cairney
                                 Knock.                                                            Cav.
                                                                 Mitro

If everyone plays their best this team may just bring home a point.                               

Facts Not Fiction

Rodak

Odoi Mawson Ream Bryan

Johansen Cairney

Knockaert Onomah Cavaleiro

Mitrovic

Bettinelli, McDonald, Christie, O'Riley, Kebano, de la Torre, Taylor-Crossdale

Was relatively impressed by Onomah mid week, and would like to keep Johansen and Cairney deeper, as that worked very well.

Sting of the North

With the same assumptions regarding injuries (+ MLM who is out as far as I know), I would go for:

Rodak

Odoi, Mawson, Ream, Bryan

Cairney, Johansen

Knockaert, Onomah, Cavaleiro

Mitro

Subs: Bettinelli, Sessegnon, Christie, Macdonald, O'Riley, Kebano, De La Torre

Thought Onomah did alright on Tuesday, albeit less of an impact than Reid. Think Knockaert is also due a game where things goes his way.

I believe that if everyone plays their best we will bring home 3 points no doubt. I believe that Swansea is most likely an average Championship team that happened to have a strong start. I also think that Fulham is a very good Championship team that has had an average start. We will have a decent chance of three points in every single game this season, based on player quality alone.

@jolslover

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 29, 2019, 10:06:36 AM
With the same assumptions regarding injuries (+ MLM who is out as far as I know), I would go for:

Rodak

Cairney, Johansen

Mitro

Thought Onomah did alright on Tuesday, albeit less of an impact than Reid. Think Knockaert is also due a game where things goes his way.

I believe that if everyone plays their best we will bring home 3 points no doubt. I believe that Swansea is most likely an average Championship team that happened to have a strong start. I also think that Fulham is a very good Championship team that has had an average start. We will have a decent chance of three points in every single game this season, based on player quality alone.

Agree with this post (starting 11 and bottom bit)
Don't think Onomah did alright mid week though but hopefully can kick on tonight
STH H3

SuffolkWhite

I think Onomah needs a bit of time and patience, he did not do brilliantly or terribly as sub the other night. He linked up on a couple of occasions and got a couple of tackles in so ok. Agree that he should be given the chance though.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Surprised that you are all going for Onomah, he has yet to impress. I fell much more comfortable with the ever reliable McDonald in front of the back four.

ALG01

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 29, 2019, 10:06:05 AM
Rodak

Odoi Mawson Ream Bryan

Johansen Cairney

Knockaert Onomah Cavaleiro

Mitrovic

Bettinelli, McDonald, Christie, O'Riley, Kebano, de la Torre, Taylor-Crossdale

Was relatively impressed by Onomah mid week, and would like to keep Johansen and Cairney deeper, as that worked very well.

I agree with your line up but think Onomah has been a flop so far, on the other hand he hasn't really had a proper chance so tonight is his time to shine! I hope, if he is selected he will become a proper team player and fulfil his potential.

LittleErn

Quote from: filham on November 29, 2019, 10:40:07 AM
Surprised that you are all going for Onomah, he has yet to impress. I fell much more comfortable with the ever reliable McDonald in front of the back four.

How about McDonald at first and then substituted with Onomah once he starts to slow down?

Aldo

Parker said that Sess will probably be with the u23s today as only just returning from injury!

Rodak

Cairney, Johansen

Mitro

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: LittleErn on November 29, 2019, 12:13:57 PM

How about McDonald at first and then substituted with Onomah once he starts to slow down?

I'm not sure we would want to waste a sub in the first minute...

But I've not been impressed with Onomah either.

Will O'Reilly be available or is he with the U23s today? How about Cisse? If he isn't even on the bench today with so many CMs injured we really should have sold him a long time ago.

davew

+1 ot is a no brainer to me!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

twang

Hopefully the same as against Derby. But if both Reid and Kamara are out, then fingers crossed that Reed is fit again.

Statto

Rodak

Cairney, Johansen

Mitro

My team also, but torn between Onomah and KMac

Onomah is younger, fitter, faster and stronger, which counts for a lot in a tough winter away fixture like this

But it would be great to see Cairney, Johansen and KMac together as a trio once again, and they must know each other inside out by now

Bill2

Ha
Have to agree about Onomah, a bit like a headless chicken. Would not want to see him in a defensive roll, he does not have the right mindset from what I have seen.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Bill2 on November 29, 2019, 05:20:59 PM
Ha
Have to agree about Onomah, a bit like a headless chicken. Would not want to see him in a defensive roll, he does not have the right mindset from what I have seen.

I believe that most people have suggested him in the offensive role that Reid had against Derby, in order to be able to keep Johansen and Cairney further back.

I also think that he may have come across a little like a headless chicken (not my view, but still) because he has only been used as a sub in various positions. He has not ye had a chance to settle in at all in match situations. He had a few nice passing exchanges and a few good defensive blocks against Derby. Would be interesting to see if he has anything to bring to the table as a starter (since Rodak's sending off kind of ruined his first chance).

KJS

Quote from: Bill2 on November 29, 2019, 05:20:59 PM
Ha

How the hell you can make such a statement after only seeing small glimpses of him in the team is beyond belief in fact if your that good at spotting a players strengths / weaknesses in such a short time then you need to apply for the Arsenal Managers job  :doh:

sarnian

Onomah has been totally anonymous whenever I have seen him come on apart from one run into the penalty box. Cannot see what he gives to the team at all.

WindyCity

Tough break if Reid is out.  He's actually been a catalyst to uptempo FFC's game in several matches so far this season.  When fit, I think he needs to be starting more, or, if on bench, brought in for bigger chunks of playing time.  Sounds like AK47 still game time decision as to his availability.  He's been terrific the last couple of games.

We Are Premier League

Johansen in front of Mcd and Cairney in central mid for me. Assuming that Reed and Reid are unavailable.

filham

Quote from: mlangstrom on November 29, 2019, 06:16:27 PM
Johansen in front of Mcd and Cairney in central mid for me. Assuming that Reed and Reid are unavailable.
The engine room that worked so well in our promotion season.