watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wasn’t pretty

Started by fulhamben, November 29, 2019, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

But I'll take it. Coyws. Some great saves from rodak, two good finishes from mitro. Odoi has more tekkers than joe Cole ever had. Swansea are a decent team but lack the class up top.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WindyCity

Doesn't have to be pretty.  Three points on the road is always sweet.

KJS

I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty well done boys enjoy the weekend I know I will🍻

RaySmith

Well done lads, they dug it out.

howitis

Some serious work carried out by Johansen and Mitro who both led by example. Sadly we are a very unbalanced team. I'm afraid we have some seriously weak links
Onomah - does he know what urgency is. Partly to blame for Swansea equaliser as he made very little attempt to block cross.
Mawson - just can't play passing game
Bryan - is very poor defensively
Kamara - at least he tried but very wasteful in possession.

I commend the fact that we hung on but it should have been easier then that.

Milo

Don't understand the Onomah obsession Parker has at all!

fulhamben

Quote from: Milo on November 29, 2019, 09:57:20 PM
yes I agree. I'll be amazed if he isn't loaned out in January
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

davew

He is the weakest link and offers nothing, please watch all the games he has played in this season, they are all on FFCTV!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

YankeeJim

I thought the substitutions were odd. Kamara should have been the first due to his card and a bit of a knock. Onamah second because he really didn't seem up to it, either in talent or effort. Much as I love Kmac, I think the game has passed him by.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YankeeJim

Quote from: fulhamben on November 29, 2019, 09:59:41 PM

Isn't he on loan to us? Maybe we can trade him to Spuds for Sess.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Deeping_white

Quote from: howitis on November 29, 2019, 09:54:03 PM
Some serious work carried out by Johansen and Mitro who both led by example. Sadly we are a very unbalanced team. I'm afraid we have some seriously weak links
Onomah - does he know what urgency is. Partly to blame for Swansea equaliser as he made very little attempt to block cross.

What game were you watching? Mawson was comfortable on the ball all game, and I don't remember anyone getting round Bryan in a 1v1, and there were possibly only 1/2 occasions where they passed it round him, but that's as much as Ream and whichever midfielder was providing him covers fault as well. Kamara was fine in the ball, why do we expect players to have 100% pass completion, or are you trying to take a cheap shot because it's Kamara?

grandad

Onomah - without Reed, Arter & Reid thete was not really anyone else
Mawson - Who would have him replaced by for the next few games
Bryan - Same as above
Kamara - Rather have him start than Knockaert.

The only serious work is on the treatment table.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

Quote from: Deeping_white on November 29, 2019, 10:05:20 PM

What game were you watching? Mawson was comfortable on the ball all game, and I don't remember anyone getting round Bryan in a 1v1, and there were possibly only 1/2 occasions where they passed it round him, but that's as much as Ream and whichever midfielder was providing him covers fault as well. Kamara was fine in the ball, why do we expect players to have 100% pass completion, or are you trying to take a cheap shot because it's Kamara?

Agree

Denver Fulham

Starting Onomah with Cairney deeper was better than Cairney higher with McDonald trying to play 90 minutes.

I don't rate Onomah at all so far, but Parker made a sensible choice given his limited options.

Good on Rodak to continue to seize the opportunity once given the chance. Didn't love the goal conceded, but the huge early save really changed the game for us. Several other decent stops and he's looking better coming off his line, too. Hopeful he will be the starter the rest of the way.

Lighthouse

My understanding is we beat a team vying for the playoffs at their place. Both teams had players missing. But somehow we need to look for the imperfections. Trying to put part of the blame on Onomah for their goal is fair enough as long as we blame the whole team because we did concede after all and it is always somebody not doing his job or making a mistake that leads to a goal.

I do understand the need to pick on players faults. But having just won again. It seems some of us have forgotten how to praise players and enjoy the wins. If we get promoted or even in the play offs it will be the ugly wins that will get us there.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sting of the North

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 29, 2019, 11:36:19 PM
My understanding is we beat a team vying for the playoffs at their place. Both teams had players missing. But somehow we need to look for the imperfections. Trying to put part of the blame on Onomah for their goal is fair enough as long as we blame the whole team because we did concede after all and it is always somebody not doing his job or making a mistake that leads to a goal.

I do understand the need to pick on players faults. But having just won again. It seems some of us have forgotten how to praise players and enjoy the wins. If we get promoted or even in the play offs it will be the ugly wins that will get us there.

:plus one:

KingofCheese

I don't understand the need to pick on players faults...none of us are part of the Fulham team so nothing we say will change anything, nor will we encourage a better performance as we have no idea what is the root cause of issues...apart from pretending we know better than Parker I am at a loss to understand what this achieves?
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

BarryP

0001.jpeg
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Fulham 442

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 29, 2019, 10:02:39 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 29, 2019, 09:59:41 PM

Isn't he on loan to us? Maybe we can trade him to Spuds for Sess.
Onomah was part of the deal when Sess went to Spurs and is not a loan unfortunately.

toshes mate

For my money's worth I thought this was a game we would have lost a few weeks back had it played out much the way it did last night.  This was an altogether grittier FFC team who played like leaders; sucked up the pressure and hit opponents on the counter.  We also dominated much of the second half and only a poor decisions from the referee gave our opponents a sniff of a chance and Rodak's one flap of the night in a game he had hardly put a foot wrong up till then.   

Parker and his team are making impressions where they need to be made and while there is still a long way to go, much of the progress is being made in the right places e.g. players' minds, attitudes, confidence, and team spirit.  Mitro, meanwhile, continues to show why he is the player he is.