Author Topic: Injury update  (Read 2376 times)

Offline General

• The Bard/Corked Hat
Injury update
« on: December 01, 2019, 11:32:08 AM »

Going into not only the busiest period of the season but one of the most important with the next four games, having the strongest squad possible could be decisive.

Wondered if anyone have any decisive information on the injuries we have...

on the treatment table we have
Bobby Decordova-Reid (short term?)
Steven Sessegnon (light training?)
Harrison Reed (?)
Harry Arter (been out a while now?)
Maxime Le Marchand (hasn't featured since birmingham?)

Offline filham

• Mr Fayed
Re: Injury update
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 12:07:41 PM »
Well there is a week on the treatment table before the Bristol game so maybe one or two will be back by Saturday.
It will of course be kept secret so we will have to wait until 2pm Saturday for news.

Offline Stoneleigh Loyalist

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 12:37:35 PM »
Harry Arter is reported to be back in training and Steven Sess turned out for the U23s over the weekend.
I think he played about 60 minutes.

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 12:40:02 PM »
I forgot to mention that MLM was reported to have a longer term hamstring injury so he will be out for some time.

Offline sunburywhite

• cebu
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 01:52:29 PM »
I forgot to mention that MLM was reported to have a longer term hamstring injury so he will be out for some time.

At least there is some good news then

Offline JEEVES

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 06:49:18 PM »

At least there is some good news then

I feel bad but these are my thoughts exactly

Offline AnOldBrownie

• Legend
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 09:06:34 PM »
The only starter I want back is Bobby to take Onomah's spot.   Other than that...the team looks set up for Bristol.

Offline The Rational Fan

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 09:30:35 PM »
The only starter I want back is Bobby to take Onomah's spot.   Other than that...the team looks set up for Bristol.

Stefjo knees cannot survive much longer without a rest, skipping Norway internationals helped but Reed or Arter need to be back soon.

Offline AnOldBrownie

• Legend
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 10:11:36 PM »

Stefjo knees cannot survive much longer without a rest, skipping Norway internationals helped but Reed or Arter need to be back soon.
I wouldn't start either over Stefjo.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Offline The Rational Fan

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 04:22:53 AM »

I wouldn't start either over Stefjo.

Crazy talk, Norway’s doctors want Stefjo to rest so he can play Euros in June 2020, so I assume if he doesn’t rest soon then he won’t be available for the end of the season including playoffs in May 2020.

If any decent option like Arter is available, then resting Stefjo is essential. My guess is Parker will rest Stefjo as soon as the Leeds game is played no matter what his midfield options (eg Christie, KMac or O’Riley).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 06:56:43 AM by The Rational Fan »

Offline MrFFC

• Graham Leggat
  • Come On You Whites!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 07:21:43 AM »
Bobby Reid hopefully back this week
Arter & Reed seem close to returns although I’m happy with our midfield 2. Steven Sess played for u23s so another game with them maybe & he should be back available for us
MLM injured? Hardly bad news

Offline filham

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 11:01:50 AM »
Sounds as if things are looking up on the injury front but the need to rest Johansen is a shame because his partnership with Cairney has looked so good in recent matches. Not sure that Reed or Arter will be so good.

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 11:33:28 AM »
With MLM probably out longer term if Bryan gets injured or suspended who do we play left back? Odoi or Christie seem to be the only possibilities with Ream having to cover the CB position.

Offline FFC1987

• Legend
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 11:36:13 AM »
Much like whenever a key player is out, we've had squad members step up. With Johanson needing a rest for both international, and our very long season, I'm confident in this squad that we have extremely capable players to come in and stake a claim for their place in the team. Johanson is awesome at the moment, but Arter and Reed are more than capable. Not to mention Reid back in too. We're looking very competitive and it's only a good sign.

Offline S.F.Sorrow

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2019, 11:47:50 AM »
Hopefully we will have a couple of players back soon.

Do we really know that Johansen needs a rest? Didn't he receive some kind of treatment or minor surgery during the international break? Wasn't that the reason he didn't play for Norway? And what's this nonsense about "Norway's doctors want...". Does anyone on this forum know what "Norway's doctors" want? I don't think so. If anything Norway should want him match fit, not rested until the Euros.

MLM probably long term injury but I don't see the problem? If he was our only option at LB everyone would be crying out for the tea lady instead. We've got Odoi and S.Sess as backup on LB. Odoi is a far better player than MLM and probably Sess too. Not so sure about Christie on LB though.. isn't he very much RB/RW only?

Offline Maidstone Lee

• Graham Leggat
  • Hooray for Zoidberg!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 12:05:26 PM »
Hopefully Bobby Reid is back next week to replace Onomah so we can have the following;

Rodak

Odoi--Mawson--Ream--Bryan

StefJo--Cairney

Kamara--Reid--Cavaleiro

Mitro

This line up seems to be working at the moment and we have Reed/Arter (or both) off the bench in the later stages.

Online Baszab

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 01:49:17 PM »
When training, I wonder if they ever try Christie RB and Odoi in front of the back 4 ?

Offline S.F.Sorrow

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2019, 01:59:02 PM »
When training, I wonder if they ever try Christie RB and Odoi in front of the back 4 ?

Or the opposite. Didn't Christie play a blinder for Ireland at DM a couple of months ago?

Offline Sting of the North

• Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2019, 02:48:36 PM »
Hopefully we will have a couple of players back soon.

Do we really know that Johansen needs a rest? Didn't he receive some kind of treatment or minor surgery during the international break? Wasn't that the reason he didn't play for Norway? And what's this nonsense about "Norway's doctors want...". Does anyone on this forum know what "Norway's doctors" want? I don't think so. If anything Norway should want him match fit, not rested until the Euros.

MLM probably long term injury but I don't see the problem? If he was our only option at LB everyone would be crying out for the tea lady instead. We've got Odoi and S.Sess as backup on LB. Odoi is a far better player than MLM and probably Sess too. Not so sure about Christie on LB though.. isn't he very much RB/RW only?

:plus one:

The StefJo comments seem mostly fabricated out of limited information. As far as I am aware we just know that he had some sort of problem which meant that he declined to play for Norway (but could still play for Fulham). That's basically it. It should also be noted that Norway were basically already out of the running for the automatic places for the Euros (needing Sweden to lose to Romania and drop points to Faroe Islands) and also had two really easy games that they would most likely win without Johansen.

Probably a no-brainer  at the time, but doesn't in any way have to mean that he cannot keep on playing for us now. Unless someone has more information that is.

Offline Jim©

• tjl
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 03:39:40 PM »
Very much how I understand it Sting. We always see these things about "his knees have gone", "wont survive without a rest" etc etc but unless there is true inside info, it's purely speculation.