watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2019/20

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

lgbtq ahahahahahahah made me laugh - no offence LVBPT - your posts most useful ive seen on here in years.

Guidetti rumour not real by the way, came from a fake twitter account
STH H3

The Rational Fan

Just as important is that the rivals above us don't buy anything that makes a real difference.

MrFFC

Would everyone be happy with the window if no signings were made today?
Come on you Whites!! :)

Chutney

Quote from: MrFFC on January 31, 2020, 08:52:37 AM

We are still desperate for better fullbacks
C O Y W

Chutney

Quote from: JimmyConway on January 30, 2020, 10:18:32 AM
Carter-Vickers weren't we linked to him? gone to Luton on loan not sure why i think that's a strange move?

He's probably out of his depth even there, really poor player.
C O Y W

ByTheRiver

Yes. If no one of any note leaves either.

That said, I don't think it'll happen and we will surely get a loan in, otherwise why pay out early for Bobby Reid if not to free up the loan space?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 31, 2020, 08:59:09 AM

That said, I don't think it'll happen and we will surely get a loan in, otherwise why pay out early for Bobby Reid if not to free up the loan space?

The squad we have is good enough provided Mitro, Kamara, Knockaert and Kebano return from injury within one or two games, plus a fully fit in three to five games; else we need to give up on automatic promotion or get Jota. Even if we are just going for playoffs, we will at least get a loan in but maybe just a true championship squad player to cover Kebano and Kamara (eg Woodrows standard).

JimOG

We can cover the full backs but we really need a Glenn Murray to get us over the line. For me AK is not a top class finisher. Too much hangs on Mitro. Look, for example at Brentford's spread of scorers. Watkins is top man but has great support

LVBPTS

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 31, 2020, 12:25:31 AM
Quote from: LVBPT on January 30, 2020, 11:13:31 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on January 30, 2020, 10:34:27 PM
Twitter-
The Telegraph reporting that John Guidetti could be on the move, with a £9.8m bid from Fulham expected imminently. - didn't LGBTQ mention something about a striker in Sweden?

Also..

Betting suspended as John Stones nears £11.25m switch to Fulham. (Marca)   :005: :005: :005: Hope not

Bloody love twitter, anyone and everyone gets linked

I'll assume your talking about me...their my kids initials so please refrain from taking the piss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it was meaning you, I couldn't remember your username as it's like wireless router password.

No offence caused I hope.

haha thats fair enough...tired and tetchy response last night so all good now thanks
Supporter since 2000

FFC1987

Quote from: LVBPT on January 31, 2020, 09:11:39 AM
Twitter-
The Telegraph reporting that John Guidetti could be on the move, with a £9.8m bid from Fulham expected imminently. - didn't LGBTQ mention something about a striker in Sweden?

Also..

Betting suspended as John Stones nears £11.25m switch to Fulham. (Marca)   :005: :005: :005: Hope not

I'll assume your talking about me...their my kids initials so please refrain from taking the piss

Yes it was meaning you, I couldn't remember your username as it's like wireless router password.

haha thats fair enough...tired and tetchy response last night so all good now thanks

Do you have anymore info or could you update us on what you previously said with names now? Also, you have 5 kids!?

joef

Not a rumour we are linked with, but £8m for Wanyama from Spurs would be a steal in today's market. Imagine a spine of Rodak, Hector, Wanyama, Mitro 🙀

ByTheRiver

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 31, 2020, 09:05:15 AM

The squad we have is good enough provided Mitro, Kamara, Knockaert and Kebano return from injury within one or two games, plus a fully fit in three to five games; else we need to give up on automatic promotion or get Jota. Even if we are just going for playoffs, we will at least get a loan in but maybe just a true championship squad player to cover Kebano and Kamara (eg Woodrows standard).

Oh I agree! I'm really hoping for Jota to be honest as it may take the above a few games to get up to speed even once they're back. Sabaly too would be superb.

Just meant, it's been a good window already. I wouldn't be up in arms and moaning if the deals feel through and no one came in. Here's hoping!

Sting of the North

Quote from: JimOG on January 31, 2020, 09:06:56 AM

We can cover the full backs but we really need a Glenn Murray to get us over the line. For me AK is not a top class finisher. Too much hangs on Mitro. Look, for example at Brentford's spread of scorers. Watkins is top man but has great support

He may not be a top class finisher (kind of subjective I guess), but he has scored a goal every 209 minutes on the pitch in his Fulham career, even though he often has played as a winger. That would translate to almost a 20 goal season if he played 46 full games. Not too shabby in my opinion.

For comparison, Mitrovic has scored every 179 minutes.

If we only look at the Championship (which may be more relevant) Kamara has a very decent record of a goal every 182 minutes, which would put him at at roughly a 23 goal pace if he played a full season.

Again, for comparison, Mitrovic has a goal every 123 minutes for Fulham in the Championship (falls to a goal every 142 minutes if we count his Newcastle days), which is of course remarkably good and maybe not a standard for which we should hold our back up striker that often plays on the wing instead.

Lastly, if I read the available stats correctly, Kamara has scored a goal every 118 minutes when playing as a centre forward for Fulham in the Championship. That is actually superior to Mitrovic in terms on goals mer minutes, albeit from a smaller sample size.

So the stats point to Kamara being more than good enough as a back up striker in the current situation (he is likely good enough as a starter in almost every other Championship team). Stats of course don't paint a complete picture, but it can be helpful in mitigating potential bias in opinions.

The Rational Fan

We should loan a player that gets at least 400 minutes for the rest of the season, I don't see any centre forward getting more than a game or two plus a few subs. I think Jota will play 400 minutes; the next four games until Knockaert is full fit and 25 minutes every game after that.

LVBPTS

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 31, 2020, 09:45:45 AM
Twitter-

Also..

Do you have anymore info or could you update us on what you previously said with names now? Also, you have 5 kids!?

i do and im only 35! crazy, but i love them! :-)
i will ask for more details and report back what i can...hold the line please caller
Supporter since 2000

f321ffc

Christian Atsu discussing a last minute loan move as the Newcastle United winger attracts interest from Nottingham Forest, Blackburn and Fulham over a short term deal
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 31, 2020, 10:08:50 AM
Quote from: JimOG on January 31, 2020, 09:06:56 AM

He may not be a top class finisher (kind of subjective I guess), but he has scored a goal every 209 minutes on the pitch in his Fulham career, even though he often has played as a winger. That would translate to almost a 20 goal season if he played 46 full games. Not too shabby in my opinion.

For comparison, Mitrovic has scored every 179 minutes.

If we only look at the Championship (which may be more relevant) Kamara has a very decent record of a goal every 182 minutes, which would put him at at roughly a 23 goal pace if he played a full season.

Again, for comparison, Mitrovic has a goal every 123 minutes for Fulham in the Championship (falls to a goal every 142 minutes if we count his Newcastle days), which is of course remarkably good and maybe not a standard for which we should hold our back up striker that often plays on the wing instead.

Lastly, if I read the available stats correctly, Kamara has scored a goal every 118 minutes when playing as a centre forward for Fulham in the Championship. That is actually superior to Mitrovic in terms on goals mer minutes, albeit from a smaller sample size.

So the stats point to Kamara being more than good enough as a back up striker in the current situation (he is likely good enough as a starter in almost every other Championship team). Stats of course don't paint a complete picture, but it can be helpful in mitigating potential bias in opinions.
0001.jpeg

LVBPTS

Twitter-

Also..

one, all but done (but this is us and we have a proclivaty to not get them over the line remember)
one offer of £4m plus a player sent to them on loan been sent out
Cyrus on standby

thats what i have at the moment
Supporter since 2000

f321ffc

Quote from: LVBPT on January 31, 2020, 10:50:10 AM
Twitter-

Also..

one, all but done (but this is us and we have a proclivaty to not get them over the line remember)
one offer of £4m plus a player sent to them on loan been sent out
Cyrus on standby

thats what i have at the moment
Thanks keep the news coming.COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

filham

We really don't want to see any of those bargain basement last minute half fit loan signings coming in today. All that we really need is a proven goalscorer to take the weight of Mitro.  A good goalscorer would have to be better than Kamara and would cost a lot of money and it is not going to happen so we had best settle for what we have.

Competion for places on the bench is already strong so no more benchwarmers please.